[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more perfect example of dishonest filmmaking? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: SUiavMWW5Vo.movieposter_maxres.jpg (36KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
SUiavMWW5Vo.movieposter_maxres.jpg
36KB, 300x431px
Is there a more perfect example of dishonest filmmaking?

The first half tricks you into thinking it might actually be something worthwhile, turns out it's really just Interstellar 2. Movie for fucking pseudo-intellectual dumbasses is what it is.
>>
except it's nothing like interstellar
it took 6 captchas to post this
>>
>>84822179
lol fucking loser.

>>84822124
I hated it too. Villeneuve is so sterile it's a shock he could even father children.
>>
>>84822124
>dishonest filmmaking
are you high?

>turns out it's really just Interstellar 2. Movie for fucking pseudo-intellectual dumbasses is what it is
So you wanted explosions and aliens and war and cool space fights and explosions and lens flares and a soundtrack that goes BWWWWWWW BRRRRR BOOOOM? I got just the right thing for you, kiddo: go watch some transformers cartoons, how bout dat?
>>
>>84822124
>zomg i'm so intelligent read bil lnye and le black science man this film is stupid and literally impossible XDDD
reddit

It was pretty good.
>>
>>84822179
>except it's nothing like interstellar

It's totally like Interstellar, only this one is fucking devious and tricks you into thinking it'll be a good movie.

It's the kind of movie you're supposed to love, because if you don't, you don't "get it"; except I do get it. I get it so fucking well that I half-guessed the fucking last act of the movie the very second they started talking about time, and I fucking hoped it wouldn't be that, but it totally is. They wasted an interesting premise on this hokey wet fart conclusion.

People need to put the fucking bong down and realize that this concept of time is not particularly clever or original.
>>
>>84822124
>The first half tricks you
>this projection
No, apparently it 'tricked' YOU
>>
Fantastic movie and very interesting concept. OP is a feg.
>>
>>84822124
The issue with Arrival is that it's just fucking dull.
>hurr durr gb2 watching michael bay movies!
Here we have this false dichtomy of movies that are either pretentious boring bullshit or they're dumb ADHD explosions and capeshit.

Arrival is dull. The characters are dull and have no personality. The cinematography is dull as well. Especially considering the entire fucking movie is GRAY. Did the director forget to adjust the saturation and hue or something? I have no goddamn clue how they were able to take a place as beautiful as Montana and turn it into the blandest looking setpiece I've ever seen. And don't even get me started on how there were characters like the eventual love interest who served absolutely no purpose throughout the movie except as an explanation for Amy having a kid later on.

Interesting concept. Poor execution.
>>
>>84822124
Are you stupid?
What exactly is dishonest about it?

How the hell is this is even "Interstellar 2". The two films have largely different plots and are nothing like each other (with the exception that they happen to be science fiction films, obviously). If you're going to criticize the movie, put in the effort to actually formulate something that resembles a reasonable thought. You just come off like a whiny retard.
>>
i thought it was gonna get interesting when she started having visions.. but no, that went nowhere, in the end it was just interstellar with tentacles
>>
>>84823261
The entire movie is built around the concept "what if you saw time as a whole?", it's hokey as fuck and seriously disrespects the viewers intelligence.

In Watchmen Alan Moore wrote Dr. Manhattan as a person with the same ability, but he didn't base the entire fucking comic around it. In Arrival it's "GET IT? GET IT? ISN'T THIS CLEVER?", it hangs its hat on this one fucking idea because it assumes the audience is too dumb to handle anything more.
>>
>>84823710
Arrival is about a mother-daughter relationship set in a sci fi setting, it's about handling grief and embracing death/life in general, you are clearly heavily projecting by thinking that just because the narrative is non linear it's supposed to be "le deep".
>>
>>84824083
>Arrival is about a mother-daughter relationship set in a sci fi setting, it's about handling grief and embracing death/life in general

Oh fucking please, that shit was the most surface level shit ever. It's a plot device more than anything.
>>
>>84823710
It is such a simple movie. How could you not understand it?
>>
>>84824492
The whole movie is about it.

The opening and the ending sequences are about their relationship.
All the major scenes are intercut with it.
And even when it's in the present narrative it's either a heavy close up of Amy Adams for half the movie or a camera placement of her characters point of view.

The ayylmaos and the science were only plot devices for the actual narrative of the mother-daughter relationship. It is by no means a "hard sci fi" movie about aliens.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.