[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kino do you most want to see in the Criterion Collection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2947.png (686KB, 769x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2947.png
686KB, 769x1088px
What kino do you most want to see in the Criterion Collection?
>>
Zodiac
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Tree of Life
A Serious Man

All new stuff but it's what first came to mind.
>>
>>84817997
Me? You know good movies like Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Whiplash, Wolf of Wall Street. Stuff for sophisticated people.
>>
>>84817997
Spoder-Man: Homecoming
>>
The End of Evangelion, Love and Pop, Shiki Jitsu, theatrical cut of Battle Royale, Brat.
>>
>>84817997
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>84817997
Probably West of the Tracks since it is impossible to find.
>>
>>84817997
Me personally I would probably elect a real film that does exist, such as The Grifter or such as lmao
>>
The man who sleeps
>>
>>
I won't be happy ever again until I see End of Evangelion, Lost Highway, Barking Dogs Never Bite, and Memories of Murder in the Collection. I feel all have a strong possibility of happening with the exception of EoE
>>
>>84817997
there's all sorts of movies that deserve the Criterion treatment but the top of my list is definitely Mahjong by Edward Yang. the fact that that film only exists in a shitty laserdisc copy is a fucking crime. they could use more Taiwanese film in general - Tsai Ming-liang, Hou Hsiao-hsien, etc. i'd also like to see them do some more Wong Kar-wai films: reprint Chungking Express, an edition of Happy Together, maybe a release of The Grandmaster with all three cuts, or Ashes of Time with both versions. i'd also love a release of Hirokazu Koreeda's Distance and After Life, maybe as a double feature or with some of his early TV documentaries (especially August without Him or Without Memory) as special features.

>>84818862
i just watched it the other day, actually. it's on both avistaz and rutracker. a bluray release would definitely be nice, though i'd rather see Crude Oil if they're going to do a Wang Bing. West of the Tracks is the most likely to get one, since it's his most popular, though.
>>
>>84821560
>avistaz
Any chance you can send me invite my way?
i would really appreciate it,asian cinema is hard to track down as it is.
>>
>>84821809
sorry, no. avistaz invites are notoriously difficult to earn. you're unlicky - it had open registration last month.
>>
>>84821832
fuck
>>
>>84821841
yeah. if i had one i'd hook you up, but no luck.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.