[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this guy not the most OP character in all of Capeshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 28

File: the-flash-movie-ezra-miller.jpg (48KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
the-flash-movie-ezra-miller.jpg
48KB, 825x464px
How is this guy not the most OP character in all of Capeshit? Let's review:

>Can travel to any point in time and all multiverses
>Can vibrate through solid matter
>Infinite Mass Punch
>Creates sonic booms by snapping fingers
>Thinks and acts at the speed of light

Why doesnt he just single handedly save the DC Universe? Why even bother having Batman and all these other guys make a Justice League? I don't understand how this guy can be so OP and gets beaten by a regular guy that has a gun that shoots ice at him? What am I missing?
>>
This is the problem with DC characters. They're literal Gods but are very rarely fully realized.
>>
>Why doesnt he just single handedly save the DC Universe?
Saved the world on numerous occasions.
>>
Power doesn't bring wisdom.
>>
>>84816023
Flash is the strongest member in Justice League.
But he's downplayed because muh Supes and Batfag.
>>
>>84816626
sheeeeiittttt
>>
Stop trying to justify retarded comic book logic
>>
>>84816023
He's limited by how far he's willing to take the Speedforce.
>>
Every major superhero has saved the world/universe/timeline a couple of times at least.
>>
>>84816626
Wouldn't he go insane from that shit though? Like everyone else is moving at a fucking insane snails pace compared to you. Just talking to someone would be hell.
>>
>>84816835
more or less this, if he goes too fast he'll get sucked into the Speed Force so what people think he can do isnt really something he is willing to do
>>
>>84816877

He isn't always in speed mode.
>>
>>84816626

It's because of muh Supes.

I love Superman, but this shit will always bother me. DC and most of its fans just can't accept the idea of Superman not being the most powerful (and important) hero in the DC Universe. It doesn't make any sense that an alien ends up becoming the most powerful being in the universe because of MUH SUN, while beings like the Flash who's one with DA FORCE or Wonder Woman who's pretty much a demigoddess or goddess. Even still, DC will never let Superman be downplayed for any other character.

That's why a lot of Superman fans hate the old cartoons since in them Superman wasn't the most powerful hero around.
>>
>>84816877
only when he wants to think that fast does it happen, its not something he actually even does constantly because its stressful. Also he goes kind of crazy when he thinks about all the things he didnt do since he's fast enough to calculate all the possibilities.
>>
>>84816922
>never let Superman be downplayed
>has been literally depowered to the point where he cant fly
>>
>>84817006

What, in stories meant to show that Superman is so awesome and courageous that he can still go on supermannning without any problems without his powers?
>>
>>84816922
>DC and most of its fans just can't accept the idea of Superman not being the most powerful (and important) hero
Superman has always been behind Batman when it came to importance and has fallen recently behind WW.

Superman isn't even top 5 in comic sales for DC.
>>
>>84816626
But in the time he was explaining that Supes cucked him twice
>>
>>84817080

Just because Batman always sold well and Wonder Woman is making a lot of success because of the movie, but in the actual comics Superman is always shown as the most important, respected and beloved heroes of them all. Pretty much every big story is about how everybody needs him and how important he is to the larger universe.
>>
>>84817177
You said DC fans can't accept Superman not being the most powerful/important when that isn't true because Superman comics aren't selling and DC fans care less and less about him as time goes on.

It's the writers that push Superman to the top, DC fans don't give a fuck.
>>
>>84816023

It's almost like you need an antagonist for him to go up against. Someone villainous. With...superpowers.
>>
His problem is literally being too fast so all his problem come up with him trying to concentrate and slow down little bit.
>>
Flash is gonna be best character in Justice League. Zack Snyder isn't perfect, but for Flash is Zack best thing that could have happened. He will handle showing his super powers.
>>
>>84816023
He's still in his early career and hasn't developed all that you're talking about thete
>>
>>84816626
How come Batman managed to develop a bullet that traps Flash in light speed seizures then?
>>
Ice fucks up speedsters, also time travel has consequences and he fucks up continually.

Sort your shit out Marlels.
>>
>>84816023
Because if you allow his powers to be what they actually are, there would be no more conflict in any story he's in.
Meta-superheroes like the flash need the human(ity) element to literally hold them back.
Supes potentially could be the most universe-destroying force there could be along with the flash etc. but because they're struggling with 'mortal' stuff like emotions and feelings of loss that they're emotionally handicapped.
For this same reason there aren't any superhero games that have meta-tier heroes without gimping their powers.

TL;DR: meta-heroes that are on the universe-destroying tier are emotionally handicapped to allow for conflict/tension.
>>
>>84816881
And what is the negative effects of this?
>>
File: dr strange.png (934KB, 827x620px) Image search: [Google]
dr strange.png
934KB, 827x620px
I can see Dr Fate doing something like this to BTFO of the Flash.

Magic pretty much hard counters the entire justice league besides Hawkgirl.
>>
>>84818334
Zack has already handled the big 3 in a great way and shown how he can make them look great in physicality and in emotional scenes. Looks like Aquaman and Flash are next for Synder kino
>>
File: IMG_2509.jpg (329KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2509.jpg
329KB, 780x488px
Who's ready for SpeedKino?
>>
>>84816922
Superman can't do shit against magic users.
Remember when Trigon fought that little god imp and they were literally tearing reality apart.
Aquaman could stab him with his trident because it's magical.
Superman is flawed and people should stop eating so much shit about how OP he is.
>>
>>84821879
well he becomes pure speed, turns into energy, doesnt come back or exist in reality anymore. Except since its a comic he comes back but its not something you want
>>
>>84821955
magic hard counters Superman too which is why they always find reason to avoid magic users from rekting his shit
>>
Funny thing is, Batman is usually the one to save Justice League's ass all the time in comics despite being the weakest member of the team.
>>
>>84816023
classic Strange beats OP Flash

there you go.
>>
File: IMG_2510.jpg (216KB, 637x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2510.jpg
216KB, 637x960px
Who would you cast as reverse flash?

>mcconaughey
>>
>>84816922
>It doesn't make any sense that an alien ends up becoming the most powerful being in the universe because of MUH SUN
Sure it does, praise the sun fucker.

Meanwhile Flash is always at a risk of losing himself inside the speed force and why should Wonder Womans demigoddess/goddess status trump an alien powered by the sun?
>>
>>84818556
Because Batman is given even more exalted treatment than Superman.
>>
>Flash is doing his attosecond BS
>LOL TOO BAD DOC STRANGE INSTA SHIELDS BITCHHHHHH

he's attoseconds fast, not instant fast :^) Strange curbstomps
>>
Because he's not the son of Krypton.
Superman could basically tear open a black hole in the fabric of space and the send the flash into the void.
>>
>>84823013
Flash is faster than spaces and voids. :^)

not to mention Superman wouldn't be able to anyway because Flash fucked him 200 years ago.
>>
>>84816023
They're liable to rein him in in some crucial ways. That's already hinted at in BvS. It doesn't seem that time travel is a simple, or even a precise thing for him, and it doesn't appear to be something he's even capable of using strictly his own power.
>>
>>84816922
I have no problem with Supes not being the most powerful. I like him as the strongest/toughest/most honorable. That leaves plenty of room for others to have their place in the sun.

I'm a particular fan of how they've handled Kryptonian speed in the movies so far. They seem to have incredibly fast reflexes and speed, but they're a bit like dragsters. They don't seem to be terribly maneuverable at-speed, while the Flash appears to be not only far faster, but to also have more control and finesse.
>>
>>84822221
ME!
>>
File: Highfather_0007.jpg (245KB, 986x764px) Image search: [Google]
Highfather_0007.jpg
245KB, 986x764px
>>84816023
Does Flash kick it with The Source on a regular basis? Than he's not the most OP character.
>>
>>84822728
Tom Cavanagh and or Matt Letscher
As much as the TV show sucks in a lot of ways they got our guy Eobard spot on. With the new lequirkman Barry in the DCEU I'll be interested to see how they do the Flash solo movie. I'm a huge Flashfag and I just can't see Snyders Flash being very good desu
>>
>>84822221
where's his mustache
>>
>>84824736
I'm pretty sure that reverse flash should be reverse in everything, like skin color.
So my bet is on Idris Elba
>>
File: 1499293281001.jpg (724KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
1499293281001.jpg
724KB, 1280x1966px
>>84817120
>>
>>84822793

Because an alien shouldn't be more powerful than a divine being.
>>
>>84822072
>shown how he can make them look great in physicality and in emotional scenes
>emotional scenes
MAAARRTHHAAAAAAA
>>
>>84824141
Kirby is and will always be the absolute shit.
>>
>>84825033
Damn, that's fucking painful.
>>
>>84822827
So Flash is allowed Marty sue powers but Batman isn't?
>>
>>84822221
Speed what?
>>
>>84825033
isnt this after Lois reveals Clarks identity? or did they do magic and erase that again? I forget
>>
File: 190202[1].jpg (18KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
190202[1].jpg
18KB, 400x225px
>>84816877
>Wouldn't he go insane from that shit though? Like everyone else is moving at a fucking insane snails pace compared to you. Just talking to someone would be hell.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uep3SXQedc
>>
WIll Lord and Miller put Gorilla Grodd in the Flahsh movie ?
If it's Zoom I'll be mad
>>
File: Flash.jpg (489KB, 1000x1557px) Image search: [Google]
Flash.jpg
489KB, 1000x1557px
the logical extreme
>>
>>84816922
That's because Superman is boring as a concept and people rather connect or watch Batman (Mostly) because at the end of the day, he is human, no matter how much Batgod shit they push on us, the posibility that someone shoots Bruce Wayne on the street and kills him instantly will allways exist and we can allways relate.

>>84825033
Jesus, that guy might aswell be made of kryptonite, is this official?
>>
>Supes wins because of plot armour and muh America pride
>Bats wins because muh prep time and dead parents
>Flash wins because of muh attosecond and time travel
>Wonder Woman wins because muh girl power and magic rope
>Manhunter wins because of muh mind control and dead family
>Cyborg wins because of muh diversity and robot body
>Green Arrow wins because of muh boxing glove arrow and hot wife
>Aquaman wins because of muh fish and hot wife
>>
>>84822728
Kevin Spacey, Gary Oldman or Alan Rickman ;__;
>>
>>84826553
I think the first draft they were working with had Reverse Flash in. Why does everyone have a Hard on for Gorilla Grodd?
>>
>>84826748
And this anon loses every day
>>
>>84826816
>I think the first draft they were working with had Reverse Flash in. Why does everyone have a Hard on for Gorilla Grodd?
He stands out and with Kong and Apes he might get a chance.
>>
>>84816112
This is the problem with all superheros. They really need to downplay their amazingness to make stories more compelling.
>>
>>84826816
>900 CapeFlicks a year
>zero Ape characters

Apes go with Capes so well. Tossing a monkey on the cover was guaranteed a huge seller and yet they refuse to use them in movies. Plus Grodd is the Dr.Doom of DC

Reverse Flash is too obvious. Like using Zod for Superman .
>>
File: 1426034774419.png (62KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
1426034774419.png
62KB, 480x335px
>>84816023
>How is this guy not the most OP character in all of Capeshit?
>What am I missing?

Because ever since the whole "speedforce" shenanigans started Flash has been consistently written to have more and more restrictions on his abilities (both self-imposed and otherwise).

For example, most of the crazy bullshit feats people talk about are shit Wally West did. Wally West subsequently got written out of the story for almost a decade and now that he has returned he has a pace-maker that keeps him from reaching his apex speeds despite being the arguably the fastest speedster.

They also have tried to make the speedforce much more dangerous (i.e. the Justice League cartoon where Flash 1 shots the ultimate baddie but states if he ever goes that fast again he'll lose himself to the speedforce).

Barry tries to not pull as many time warping/speedforce shenanigans after the whole Flashpoint thing.

Basically, Flash was written to be the single strongest hero in the entire DC universe around the 90s, and the writers have realized that was a bad decision, so they've been consistently backtracking ever since. Hence all the ridiculous bullshit restrictions the various speedsters now have.
>>
>>84816112
>Marvel literally has a literal god
>>
>No one wants Captain Cold to appear
Isn't he like his archnemesis?
>>
>>84824775
That's imperfect future Barry
>>
>>84826816
Because gorillas are awesome. Telepathic, super-gorillas exponentially more so.

Also, telepathy is an excellent foil for pretty much any physical hero.
>>
>>84816023
>I don't understand how this guy can be so OP and gets beaten by a regular guy that has a gun that shoots ice at him? What am I missing?
For the same reason Lex Luthor constantly beats Superman or Joker beats Batman.
>>
>>84827520
No they don't. They have Asgardiums. They could have made them actual gods, but they pussed out and ran with the "Ancient Ayyylmao" meme, regardless of how little sense that actually makes.
>>
>>84827377
You are retarded. Apes sold well because kids back then liked different shit. You are talking about people that were afraid of flying saucers and Frankenstein. I'm not saying it couldn't be done well, but it's idiotic to think mainstream audiences would be hyped about Flash fighting a talking gorilla.
>>
>>84827530
id like to see Grodd hire Captain Cold to steal something (or whatever)
then flash defeats Grodd and puts Cold in jail
setting up the sequel where Cold heads up the Rogues.
Nicolas Cage is the only man i could see playing Captain Cold
>>
So how do any of his enemies ever hit him?
>>
>>84827822
>being this dumb
sorry buddy but King Kong and Planet of the Apes prove you wrong....DEAD WRONG
people love Apes
People love Capes

Talking Apes> Talking raccoon
>>
>>84827086
>>84827377
I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't really like apes much(Although I liked Peter Jacksons King Kong and love the new Planet of the Apes Trilogy).

But I just really like speedsters and their potential in film as far as action films go. Plus after looking up Reverse Flash and seeing that Flash Point movie, he became one of my favorite villains with Flash being my favorite hero. I'd like to see how Snyder handles Flash and his speed and see if DC can get a director that can follow his lead if it's good. Basically the opposite of what Whedon did but stronger and more unique than what the Xmen films did.
>>
>>84816626
This is retarded power level wankery, any good writer will just ignore it. Good thing movies have a higher standard that won't allow stupid shit like this to make it into them.
>>
>>84822429
>Superman is flawed

Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>84827881
I'm sure studio heads actually follow this kind of fallacious and retarded logic when they come up with their shittiest movies.
>>
>>84827906
wouldnt mind them saving Zoom for another film besides the first one.
just wouldnt want to see him in the first movie. Seeing as Flash might just get ONE film id rather see a giant talking gorilla on the big screen
>>
>>84827976
name a good superhero movie.
im waiting
>>
>>84827937
He is flawed when he is well written. This kind of discussion just doesn't work with comic books autists that are super hang up on canon and obsucre moments in shitty stories. This characters have existed for decades, with dozens of writers writing them however they think the character is. Every superhero has been written like a perfect, flawless mary sue at one point or another.
>>
>>84827377
Cyborg is already on the cover of Justice League LOL
>>
>>84826504
umm, so how does this end
>>
>>84828044
Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman and Nolan's first two Batman movies, first two Raimi's Spider-Man are generally considered by everyone to be great films. But we all know you will call them shit anyway so who cares.
>>
>>84827491
Why can't he just become Speedforce Man?
>>
>>84827836
I'd kill to see Cage chewing scenery with the "Hell is cold" speech.
>>
>>84827937
>Literally lets thousands upon thousands of people die everyday because he wants to not save the world for one second
>Not flawed
>>
>>84828117
My favorite Supes stories always involve him facing problems he can't just punch.
>>
>tfw you can't out run concepts

Why live
>>
File: 1440892827936.jpg (35KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1440892827936.jpg
35KB, 604x397px
>>84825033
>>
>>84825998
> implying that Batman doesn't win when the writer wants him to

Here's some truth: people like to refer to superheroes as modern day mythology but when superheroes are written anything like actual myths people call it OP, inconsistent, Mary Sue, etc. Most superhero fiction is better when read in individual stories rather than as a whole.
>>
>>84827520
Prime is literally a god in the truest sense, collapsed the multiverse, creates universes etc.
>>
>>84827377
If you want Gorilla Grodd so badly then go fist yourself to the Planet of the Apes franchise or KONG.
>>
>>84827377
Go jerk off to your torrented BLACKED collection, you ape-loving cuck. No one wants a fucking chimp being the main baddie in a capeshit movie.
>>
>>84816023
FUCK SOOPS

AND FUCK SOOP PEOPLE
>>
Apparently some of the stars we can see in the night's sky have actually been dead for millennia but they're so far away that the light has taken this long to reach Earth.

Does this mean that if we were able to travel faster than the speed of light to some remote part of the galaxy and if we had some ultra high-tech optics (I'm talking endgame tier tech here, sufficiently advanced technology type gear) we could actually watch human history take place?
>>
File: 1499293158648.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499293158648.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>84825033
Why does DC hit the feels harder in their comics?
>>
>>84825033
God damn
>>
>>84827092
I think other anon is right about this, its more a problem for DC though.

Marvel characters are about ishues. Spiderman is coming of age, X-men prejudice, Iron Man military industrial complex, Hulk adolescent anger etc.

DC characters really are gods, and like gods they just embody abstract concepts. The Flash is just Hermes, he's been around forever, just like Athena/Wonder Woman. The most interesting character is justice/vengeance (aka Batman) and is only really about where the line between those abstract concepts are. I don't think I've ever read an interesting mainline Superman story.

Weirdly Thor is about the concept of there being gods walking around. Stan Lee wasn't a great creator of superheroes, he was a great inventor of a system for producing superheroes.
>>
how have people seen this film already? I only saw Wonder Woman like 2 or 3 weeks ago
>>
>>84827906
I liked the Quicksilver scene in that X-men movie.
That was beautiful and what CGI should be used for, to show us stuff like that. Its easy to be jaded by CGI capeshit but to me it was the first memorable special effects scence in years.

There needs to be more to it than someone just zooming around (like the other Quicksilver), a world almost frozen relative to them is far more interesting.
>>
>>84825033
LOL fucking pandering to their audience in that one
>>
Not every version of the flash can do those things. Each flash has u hair abilities within their salesforce. That aside..the flash is fast and strong but so are his opponents if you read a flash comic book he is often outsmarted, you can think as fast as you want but if there isn't a lot to go through well then...flash is one of the strongest members but people like darkseid who defy dimensions,time,and brush off superman punches he can't compete with
>>
>>84816023

Martian Manhunter is also ridiculously OP. They're also both jobbers most of the time

>let me just get in his min- AAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHH
>J'onn! No!

>np, I'll just run super fast
>aw shit, a mirror that leads into another dimension out of fucking nowhere! Damn you Mirror Master!
>>
>>84829729
Current superman is really good, and The Adventures of Superman are reallly good a
>>
>>84829379
Spider-Man can get pretty feel-y
>>
File: 1305598881995.jpg (148KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
1305598881995.jpg
148KB, 499x367px
>>84816626
Jesus I hate comicfags. The idea that anyone would read this shit, look at this manbaby autistic artwork. And half of them complain about how shit comics are and still read them as if that makes what they're doing less autistic, "h-haha I don't really like it guys". The fucking 12 year old mindset you need to be in to even consider reading this shit is unbelievable. And then they get egged on by seeing their obscure heroes on the big screen. I don't even mind capeshit because I enjoy almost any movie but I wish these fucks would just seclude themselves to a part of the internet where I'd never be reminded they exist.
>>
>>84829843
The "Time In A Bottle" scene was kino. The "Sweet Dreams" scene was less so, but still good.
>>
>>84830067

Reading comics is fun
>>
>>84816023
Go back to /co/ you dumbfuck. Why are you asking questions about your favorite character here? No one will ever like him because you do a dumb shill thread, they will just dislike the fanbase.

Go back to /co/ you dumb manchildren
>>
>>84826504
>>84816877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMe1qlyuMXQ
>>
>>84830176
You visit /co/?
Hahhahaha
>>
>>84830135
please keep it to yourself. Just look at the artwork, you can see how it's autistic as Hell right? >>84816626
that's not even mentioning what that pic is actually talking about
>>
>>84830328
What's being mentioned, anon?
>>
>>84830352
I mean the superpowers. I have a bit of knowledge on how these comics are written too and it's all cringey character interactions. Comics are written by retards not good enough to write novels or great pieces of literature, I wish these fuckers went into journalism instead.
>>
>>84830429
You sound like a lot of fun dude, pretty cool
>>
File: 1457738200440.jpg (390KB, 1000x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1457738200440.jpg
390KB, 1000x1320px
>>84822934
This
>>
>>84830524
yeah because so many people I interact with irl read comics kek. Anon please go back to /co/ or whatever corner of the internet you're from,
>>
Whos more OP, Barry or Wally?
>>
>>84830582
Yes, it's such fringe, nerdy behavior. Or you don't actually know many people.
>>
>>84828163
It's a dream induced by Dr Destiny that he eventually breaks through. Pretty cool episode.
>>
>>84830745
yeah
>>
Why can't flash/quicksilver just run around holding a knive?
Speedsters and buffed or nerfed arbitrarily to fit the plot, they make no sense at all in their universe. They should be overpowered.
>>
>>84830745
You know that normal people don't read fucking comic books, right? Only hipsters and geeks do.
>>
>>84830920
Right, comics are not mainstream at all. You're doing great.
>>
>>84830920
Is this 2007? Did you stop interacting with people after high school?
>>
>>84830952
>>84830982
>being this deluded
capeshit movies =/= comic books
>>
>>84831056
The irony of this post
>>
>>84831122
I don't think you know what irony means.

And he's right. People know the characters and the movies are hits, but no one fucking read comic books. It's literally a fringe thing.
>>
>>84831316
How crusty are your palms right now?
>>
>>84831347
Is that comeback even supposed to make sense?
>>
>>84816023
He has on occasion.
>>
>>84816112
No the reason it's not a problem for DC characters is that their struggles are internal and not external.
>>
>>84826816
>Why does everyone have a Hard on for Gorilla Grodd?

Because Leslie Jones gotta eat and she needs roles to do it.
>>
>>84817760
>DC fans don't give a fuck.

Speak for yourself nigger.
>>
>>84816922

Superman is down played all the time. My main complaint is that he's held back to match the rest of the universe these days. It was better in the silver age
>>
>>84817760

Superman comics are selling you lying piece of shit. He sells around the same as Spider Man. The only heroes selling better are Batman, Flash and maybe Logan
>>
>>84828163
power of friendship + believe on yourself
>>
>>84829221
If you can travel faster than light, you don't even have to leave Earth for that. You'll have reversed the flow of time from your perspective.
>>
Canon-wise, it's pretty much universally agreed upon that Flash is the most overpowered character in the DCU thanks to the speedforce.
>why don't/why doesn't he...
Comics. That's why.
>>
File: Ego.jpg (64KB, 1152x759px) Image search: [Google]
Ego.jpg
64KB, 1152x759px
>>84827772
Uhm
>>
>>84834617
He's not a god, either. He's basically a Boltzmann brain.
>>
>>84822793
>why should the daughter of the god who literally created the universe be stronger than an alien
hmmmmm
>>
File: 11571707.jpg (7KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
11571707.jpg
7KB, 400x304px
>>84816922
>Even still, DC will never let Superman be downplayed for any other character.
>>
>>84826748
Keep crying Marvelfag!
>>
>>84816023
>blu lightning
>>
>>84834951
Zeus didn't even create the universe in Greek mythology. He just created mankind.
>>
>>84835947
He didn't even create mankind, actually.
>>
>>84816023
>Plugging in flash because they can't afford money loss on a standalone film
dropped
>>
>>84833334

In my understanding the whole universe is held back so Superman can shine as the poster boy he is.
>>
>>84836171
That's right. That was Prometheus, wasn't it?

Didn't Zeus create some sort of forerunner to humanity or something, people made of metal or something like that?
>>
Comics are the shittiest form of literature
>>
>>84836464
Not sure. I just know Epimetheus made animals and took all the good stuff so Prometheus was left with shit for body parts and gave us intelligence.
>>
>>84816023
Summoning the DCucks. My friends always talk about how The Flash is just impossibly strong with the exact same shit everyone mentions in this thread. Yet he makes mistakes and loses in retarded ways, at least in the few I have seen about DC. Why? just because its convenient for the plot? Who could seriously fight him one on one, all out, besides Reverse Flash?
>>
>>84836789
>just because its convenient for the plot
yes
>Who could seriously fight him one on one, all out, besides Reverse Flash
shitty box office returns
>>
>>84826604
S-Scoobs??
>>
>>84816626
Doesn't even make sense that he can even function in the world if any of those powers were actual. If he thinks at the speed of light (what does that even mean? Does he mean he has thoughts that fast or can solve problems that fast?) and he can see events that take less than an attosecond, he should basically be constantly either overwhelmed or frozen.

I mean, if he sees events that take less than an attosecond, and in 1 attosecond light light can barely move across the distance of a molecule, he'd being seeing everything or nothing?

His powers are bullshit and make no sense. They try to give him too much. He should just be fast.

I mean, it also doesn't make sense that he can be physically damaged by punching or anything like that, because with as fast as he's running, unless he is constantly "vibrating through matter" he'd be being hit by tiny tiny things at such velocity that his body would be riddled with holes and he'd die.

The Flash sucks.
>>
File: paqPdgo.png (274KB, 728x421px) Image search: [Google]
paqPdgo.png
274KB, 728x421px
>>84816626
>>
>>84827772
They left it open, they didn't actually say "Asgardians are just long lived aliens" it was just put forth as one explanation to counter Thor's claim he is a god.
>>
>>84828663
And Flash wins and invents new powers when it's convenient. What's the problem?
>>
File: aJAEF9E.jpg (509KB, 1000x1971px) Image search: [Google]
aJAEF9E.jpg
509KB, 1000x1971px
>>84816023
Because Dr. Manhattan exists, OP.
I can't believe that I'm the first one to point this out in this entire thread.
You all need to leave immediately.
>>
>>84838571
Some more purefuckingkino.
>>
>>84826604
i fucking love kingdom come
>>
>>84838571
>>84838589
What the fuck did manhattan do to him?
>>
>>84838589
wait
how come bats end up having comedians button?
>>
>>84838708
Watchmen is in universe canon in DC now. Doc Manhattan caused all sorts of shit (they are using him as the excuse for all their recent past fuckups and shit people didnt like) and theres like five jokers and like four supermans now or some shit.
>>
>>84833396
If this is true they need to fast track this Flash movie because I want a Flash film bad
>>
>>84825033
If fucking Superman gets cucked by Chad, how do we stand a chance?
>>
>>84838834
i need a quick rundown on that
>>
File: 1496593738954.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496593738954.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>84838571
>>84838589
Has it been explained why Manhattan is going around killing people yet?

Is Batman dead?
>>
>>84838589
Why is DC so much better than marvelshit
>>
>>84838986
They needed a scapegoat to try and fix the mess they made.
It didn't work.
>>
>>84830549
these types of writings are always really try hard and cringy can we stop posting them
>>
i am reading the whole batman vol 3 now

is this the last one? when is a new one coming out? will this explain about manhattan?

is so hard keeping up with this shit
>>
>>84830549
Look I loved the dr. strange movie, but this description makes him sound like an omnipotent being. I only remember him being in a deadpool comic I read once, but isn't he kind of a lame character if he can just beat you down no matter what?
>>
>>84817060
Like last year for a while he had almost no powers and no costume and no secret identity.
>>
>>84830067
>I wish these fucks would just seclude themselves to a part of the internet where I'd never be reminded they exist.

no, john, you are that part of the internet
>>
File: owlman-and-metron1.png (1MB, 640x1675px) Image search: [Google]
owlman-and-metron1.png
1MB, 640x1675px
>>84838666
Vaporized him and then sent him back.

>>84838708
>>84838834
Yeah, that's the meta. In-story, there's the theory that the DC Universes were all created by Dr. Manhattan when he went off after Watchmen to create life on his own.
>>
File: Like Pottery.jpg (1MB, 1403x937px) Image search: [Google]
Like Pottery.jpg
1MB, 1403x937px
>>84838986
If >>84839470
Is true, it's probably to keep the secret of the DC Universe's creation a secret.

Still unknown if Dr. Manhattan literally created their universes or if he just tampered with the timeline during Flashpoint.
>>
>>84816023
Hes gay... and also you never go full retard in a cbm..or else it will get a shitty rt score & probs bomb
>>
>>84828179
Only Donner's Superman is a great film. The rest are good (for cape flicks)
>>
>>84839470
>>84839501
But why is he trying to keep that a secret? To avoid their world going into utter chaos from knowing the creator of their existence?
>>
File: Watchmen_cast.png (162KB, 489x203px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_cast.png
162KB, 489x203px
>>84828044
Watchmen.
>>
File: redditor.png (256KB, 468x365px) Image search: [Google]
redditor.png
256KB, 468x365px
>>84830549
Hella f*cking epic.
>>
File: 21ghC (1).jpg (407KB, 1135x1744px) Image search: [Google]
21ghC (1).jpg
407KB, 1135x1744px
>>84839595
Unknown as of now, AFAIK, but that's likely the reason.
It gets interesting in the Before Watchmen comics because you learn that Dr. Manhattan made the universe follow hard determinism.
Basically, he decides that him having a choice creates, literally, countless universes based on all the possible choices that he could make. However, that made all the universes unstable in various ways. So, he took away his own free will, destroyed the other versions of the universe at the time and allowed one to survive.
The catch is, he doesn't experience time in a linear fashion; it's all at once for him. So, effectively, to not have a choice in anything, he would have to know what was going to happen and for that to be true, that means that universe had to be deterministic.
So, he essentially took away everyone's free will along with his own.
>>
>>84817080
.Superman has always been behind Batman when it came to importance and has fallen recently behind WW.
> and has fallen recently behind WW.
This should never have been allowed to happen.
>>
>>84839756
Wonder Woman is great in the fact that she was created by an open relationship having, SnM loving, porno consuming couple. The guys wife had a female lover whom she would regularly fuck in front of him to help him get off. They were both fans of pin ups and people like betty page so they modeled her off that.

Now she is a "feminist" icon.

If you ever want to laugh, watch the five or so minutes of survivng footage of the WW TV show pilot. She literally is arguing with her mom about wanting to find a man, and then after transforming into WW, she spends like three minutes staring at her ass in the mirror.

Im not fucking joking. THAT is the feminist ICON. Created by a man whose wife would bang chicks to get him off and then lambasted in TV for years.
>>
>>84837157
No. Thor specifically says they accidentally inspired worship when they came to Earth in the past to drive off an incursion of Jotunns into Midgard.
>>
>>84828044
Batman 89, Batman Returns, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Watchmen, Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
File: IMG_8987.jpg (785KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8987.jpg
785KB, 675x1200px
Go Grodd
Or
Go Home
>>
>>84842189
Would just be a retread of Amazing Spider-Man's villain
>>
>>84828163

They bang in the back of a '72 Pinto
>>
>>84842286
Not really
You get an entire city of gorillas if you bring in Grodd
>>
>>84816112
>I don't read DC comics the post
>>
>>84822728
im late to reply but Jared Harris would make an amazing older Eobard. JH should be somewhere in the dceu
>>
File: 1498880528310.png (173KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1498880528310.png
173KB, 2688x2688px
Why'd they bring in Dr Manhattan in their other comics? He and the rest of the Watchmen were a criticism of the mainstream superheroes of the era, not part of that universe.
>>
>>84830328
>Just look at the artwork, you can see how it's autistic as Hell right
How exactly is artwork autistic?
>>
>>84839501
Only just noticed the yellow smiley on the bottom panel of Watchmen. I hardly saw any when I actually read it
>>
>>84816023
wouldn't he get hotter if he vibrated according to physics?
>>
>>84843504
Speed force is just a giant "fuck you" to every possible problem or loophole you could think of
>>
>>84826732
>allways
>>
>>84826789
Terrible choices. You should consider killing yourself before your ideas reproduce
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.