[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: true-detective-logo-ray.jpg (358KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
true-detective-logo-ray.jpg
358KB, 600x600px
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. You just got pleb filtered hard
>>
>>84809295
unironically this
>>
Pizzalatte accidentally made something only a few were able to understand.

Don't worry though, season 3 with all those nignogs will be just for you.
>>
>>84809295
>>84809327
>>84809366

elaborate
>>
>>84809273
the only mistake pizzaman made was not hiring fukunaga (or another director) to do the entire 8 episode run
>>
File: soundtrack.jpg (134KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
soundtrack.jpg
134KB, 600x593px
nothing
if you like season one better, just remember the last two episodes completely ruin the rest of the season
green ears
>>
rushed
>>
>>84809273
Presuming you just mean S2, Pizzaman wrote the script in a fraction of the time he did for S1. The writing overall is bad for this series. Everything else, however was top notch. The acting, camerawork, and production values all matched S1, and possibly even surpassed in some areas. Also, the first and last episodes are both well written, and are both quite incredible.
>>
>>84809273
They told a straight forward linear story, as opposed to the jump back & forth in time style of Season 1.
>>
>>84809273

Not enough spoopy.
>>
>>84809273
I loved S2

S1 have amazing first half and S2 have amazing second half
>>
>>84809419
the only thing it wasn't
>>
To many characters, too little importance on their stories, too many mumbling drunks.

2 (TWO) full movie length episodes.

You can see a sharp decline in the writing quality of S1 as they clearly didn't know what to do or how to tie it up and that just carried over to this entire production.
>>
It's happening:

>True Detective Season 3 Casting Mahershala Ali

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/true-detective/248066/true-detective-season-3-casting-mahershala-ali

WE
WUZ
DETECTIVES
>>
Was great, not half as great as season 1 but still very good. In my opinion one of Colin Farrells best performances
>>
>>84809273
why did they need to ruin the s1 with that retarded ending REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: IMG_3967.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3967.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
Season two in retrospect, is one of the most intense character studies I've ever seen. I really enjoy the dynamic the environment/city always play within the true detective world, it has a sense of dread throughout the entire show. The cinematography was absolutely stunning.

Fuck, I miss that show.
>>
>>84810442
"Well Rust, I guess that we really are.. True Detectives. :)"

people will defend this
>>
not much

I don't know if this is a poor product of sound mixing or intentional, but I couldn't understand half of what the characters were saying and had to rewatch scenes to figuure out what was going on. everybody mumbles in s2
>>
i dont get why they didnt just go with farrel and vaughn, girl and the gay boi were completely unnecessary
>>
>>84810975

This.
The gay detective plot didn't add much. I enjoyed the female cop, if only for the big dicks scene.
>>
They couldn't possibly top the first season, and they added too many characters to the second one.
>>
File: temp.png (413KB, 620x900px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
413KB, 620x900px
>>84810311
>>
The first season was a tight, character driven simplistic story that allowed an exploration of themes and artistic license.

The second season simply stretched itself too thin. You had a convoluted noir-esque mystery (that ultimately failed to deliver those sweet noir beats) thrown in with an odd focus on people who felt tangential to the plot and a thrown together love story. Then they added some conspiracy political thriller stuff because Pizzapie thought he could recapture the supernatural elements of season 1.

Second season could have been great if it had focused on 2 cops max and had Vaughn come in as a source of information. We didn't need gay cop at all or to follow Vaughn as he spouted off odd statements to his fellow criminals. Vaughn as a tempter for Farrell in a few scenes was all that was needed. I liked the dynamic between Farrell and the chick as partners (one seedy and corrupt, the other trying too hard to prove herself) but falling in love kinda ruined it.
>>
>>84809273
Nothing. If anything this is rewatchable as fuck because of multiple relationships and arcs. Season 1 was a one hit wonder and you need to ram a brick wall head first to really appreciate anything about it a second time since the storyline was so focused.

And appreciating the same thing over and over is better than appreciating it once then being over it once its done. You fat pussy!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.