[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0630.jpg (238KB, 782x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.jpg
238KB, 782x437px
What went right?
>>
>>84807749
no forced 16 year old-tier questions like "who am I" or "am I really who I am".
>>
>>84807749
Set and prop design.
>>
>>84807749
Nothing
>>
>>84807749

Literally nothing.
>>
>>84807749
Removing her flab in post.
>>
>>84807749
Kino-like plot.
>>
Her ass
>>
>she truly is a ghost in a shell

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>84807749
the repeated mention of ghost was kinda cringe tier
but other than that a great popcorn flick
>>
>look, we're recreating the opening sequence because we want to stay true to the original
>proceed to replace philosophical "who am I?" with amnesia "who am I?"
>change the main character's race, name, personality and origin
>change the entire aesthetic of everything
>use generic sci-fi ambient synth music instead of the Japanese religious music that fit in with the message of the film
>replace the Puppet Master with Kuze
>replace Kuze with the Puppet Master
>turn Section 9 into "le evil corporation" meme
>take the scene where Motoko is diving and is supposed to be completely alone and insert giant CGI jellyfish everywhere because lol she's alone except she's completely surrounded by bullshit, tonal consistency, amirite?
>have meaningless action sequences because lol its been 20 minutes, time for an action sequence, shut up it doesn't have to make sense, we need one now to break up all this expository dialogue
>ripoff Robocop, not the original, but the awful Robocop remake, by constantly showing Motoko being taken apart and repaired and constantly telling her that they rebuilt her for the exact same reason Robocop was made
>insert basset hounds into the film because lol stealing another director's trademark isn't pathetic, it's an easter egg!
This film did nothing right, and that's being generous.
>>
>>84809431
but there was philosophical who am i
it was just toned down because its not aimed at 15 year old emo weebs
>>
>>84809489
no, it was just amnesia.
>>
>>84809531
did you even watch the movie? it had all the am i a robot or human or w/e bullshit
>>
>>84809576
There was none of that "am I a human or a robot" bullshit. In the first six minutes that doctor bitch literally says "you're still human because you have a soul." The big question of the original film, the driving force behind the character, flat out handed to you in one sentence of expository dialogue.

Mila or whatever the fuck they changed her name to spends more time wondering what the burning hallucination from her past means, more than she ponders her own humanity.

What a shitty, awful, garbage movie.
>>
>>84809657
just because she says it doesn't mean its true
anyway the movie is not amazing but i enjoyed it
cant watch the anime its in Japanese so it is what it is
>>
>>84809859
>just because she says it doesn't mean its true
except in this case it totally it is true.
>>
>>84809431
Also motoko being a bitch
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.