[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In 2016 this is "cinematography"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Civil War 2.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War 2.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>In 2016 this is "cinematography"
>>
File: 428466_v1.gif (2MB, 495x289px) Image search: [Google]
428466_v1.gif
2MB, 495x289px
>>84791470
I mean, it's a cool shot in theory.

wide angle. the characters charge at each other. dramatic swell of music. the closer they get to one another, the closer the camera zooms in. just as they are about to connect, the music pauses abruptly. Clash! Kicks flying, punches thrown. Music kicks back in.

But, it being Marvel, it was executed with the least amount of competence.

I hate cape movies, but I still hold a shred of hope. Wonderwoman was enjoyable and almost good(the first act was a bit rocky, and then it proceeded to retroactively ruin the entire movie by shitting itself in the third act), and Spiderman Homecoming wasn't as insulting as I thought it would be.

We may actually get a good cape movie. It only took us a few decades.
>>
File: 1460666307947.png (2MB, 2392x1653px) Image search: [Google]
1460666307947.png
2MB, 2392x1653px
Watch more films, /v/edditor
>>
>>84793868
>I hate cape movies
>but I still buy tickets to every fucking one Hollywood shits out

Unironically kys
>>
>>84791470
why they didn't start shooting instead of getting so close?
>>
>>84793952
How am I supposed to know if a movie is good or not if I don't even watch it?

For example, I thought Wonderwoman would continue the DCEU legacy of being total garbage, but I was pleasantly surprised(and then rudely let down).
>>
Seriously the marvel movies as of late have been ugly as shit, Spiderman was really bland
>>
Russo brothers are Marvel's worst, and only actually bad directors.
>>
>>84794031
Read reviews from people who sorta have your taste ?
>>
Someone show me a better way to fit them all on the screen in one shot. I'll wait
>>
>>84793868
> Wonderwoman was enjoyable and almost good(the first act was a bit rocky, and then it proceeded to retroactively ruin the entire movie by shitting itself in the third act), and Spiderman Homecoming wasn't as insulting as I thought it would be.

They were garbage, you just have lowered your laughable standards.

Capeshit needs to die already.
>>
File: IMG_2443.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2443.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>84794135
>>
>>84794135
Dog pile on Black Widow and Scarlet Witch and Peggy Carter(but she's not dead yet and her neice is there too).
>>
>>84794135
You can change the angle and depth of field to make the shot more interesting and visually communicate information. The civil war shot is generic and uninspired and make me want to cut my little baby dick off whenever I see it
>>
>>84794366
>make me want to cut my little baby dick off whenever I see it
I see the Tumblr-speak cancer has spread from /co/ to /tv/
Surprised you haven't used le reddit asterisks.
>>
>Xman: The Last Stand did a better job portraying superhero civil war than this shitty movie
>>
>>84794135
at least not a flat 2d shot like that

that is what you'd get if you give a camcorder to a high school kid
>>
>>84794092
>forgetting Gunn
>>
>>84791470
It's because everyone hired for these movies is a literal TV director
They only understand TV framing, lighting, staging, color and editing
They don't understand kineticism
They don't understand dramatic lighting or angles
They don't know how convey the narrative with the imagery
They know how to do flat dull shots of people in colorless environments
They know how to chop an action scene to an incomprehensible mess
They know how to have the characters deliver a joke every twenty seconds

They make bloated television tier messes and are not filmmakers
>>
>>84794601
Gunn is a gifted director, great visual sense
>>
>>84794601
Nah, Gunn is good.
>>
>>84791470
>the whole scene is green screened
It's really amazing how shitty and low effort this was
>>
>>84793922
I fucking loved that movie.
>>
>>84794437
How do I do that?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.