[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most beautiful image in the history of cinema?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: plasticbag.jpg (36KB, 704x471px) Image search: [Google]
plasticbag.jpg
36KB, 704x471px
Is this the most beautiful image in the history of cinema?
>>
a fucking carrier bag
>>
>>84789080
>carrier bag
It's called American Beauty, can foreigners not understand this film?
>>
>>84789080
no, its a plastic grocer bag bong. always with the terrible nicknames
>>
Yes, if for a brief shining moment if you were 13-17 in 1999 and had not really been exposed to the medium.
>>
>>84789066
I actually cried during this scene

how can something so simple and ordinary be so poignant ?
>>
DO YOU EVER FEEL
>>
File: lepoard.png (1MB, 1280x500px) Image search: [Google]
lepoard.png
1MB, 1280x500px
Yes
>>
No Thora Birch underage tits were, how were they allowed to show that anyways?
>>
>>84789066
No you think it is because of Marxism affecting your brain.
>>
>>84789222
Her shitty parents encouraged her to. It's really weird and fucked up.
>>
>all these retards that don't realise OP is being ironic
>>
>>84789253
It's called art
>>
>>84789140
this was the scene i decided this movie was shit and have hated it ever since

>oh boy litter caught in a draft is so beautiful

fuck off
>>
>>84789066
i dont get the hate for this
>>
>>84789260
>this one retard that doesn't realize people are just playing along with OP
>>
>>84789253
But I mean how is it legal, because its not meant to be sexual or something? I guess its no different then showing a newborn infant naked.
>>
>>84789398
It's a 14 year olds idea of profundity.
>>
>>84789398
The movie walks a thin line between being brilliant and hackneyed, and this pretentious scene is one of the lowest points. The other is the reveal that Chris Cooper is gay.
>>
>>84789385
>oh boy litter caught in a draft is so beautiful

what is beautiful to you then? a million dollar sports car? a private jet? a woman caked in makeup?

thats really empty living, anon
>>
>>84789451
That's it. Even though it the context of the movie it kind of is meant to be sexual, but whatever. The 1968 Romeo and Juliet movie has bare 14-year-old titties. It's amazing what people can get away with.
>>
>>84789495
Do you actually think this scene was good?
>>
ITT: People who didn't understand this scene
>>
>>84789385
Did you see this movie for the very first time after being a socially isolated alcoholic for a decade?
>>
>>84789539
its a tad sappy and theres the dated 90s feeling, but yes

you shouldnt hate on something because its popular/over-quoted with normies, you should judge it in a vacuum
>>
>>84789066
Fuck that silly midlife crisis/pedo out of nowhere flick
>>
>>84789762
>not understanding that the movie is a comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYggG9tk5s
>>
>>84789066
this garbage won an oscar
>>
>>84789704
>you shouldnt hate on something because its popular/over-quoted with normies
This scene is neither of those things. In fact, almost everyone agrees it's terrible.
>>
I remember seeing the scene in the movie and thinking the punk kid thinks the bag is beautiful, but I didnt feel that myself the viewer was supposed to feel that way.
>>
>>84789850
>almost everyone agrees it's terrible.
>almost everyone
>everyone

who?
>>
>>84789964
everyone
>>
Near the ending when the kid says he's got 60 grand saved, everyone in my theater gasped like he was some kind of rich genius.
>>
>>84790034
you and your neet bubble doesnt count as everyone
>>
File: ricky.jpg (90KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
ricky.jpg
90KB, 500x276px
>>84790180
Is he a Mary Sue? An independently wealthy teenage drug dealer who is very mysterious, but gets a neighbor girl to fall in love with him and run away with him.
>>
American Beauty is a secret pleb filter. Try-hards just love to hate it, thinking they're deeper than the film. They're not. It's pure kino.
>>
>>84790279
Last movie I saw that dude in was We are your Friends. That movie is fucking shit. Everything about it.
>>
>>84790481
It's not terrible, but it's blown away by suburb edgy kids pseuds.
>>
>>84790215
Not a neet
>>
>Forgive me, sir, for speaking so bluntly, but those bags make me want to puke.

What did he mean by this? I thought he liked bags.
>>
This movie is pretty rad
>>
The first person vomit scene from Maniac
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.