[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of the ending of American Beauty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: kevin spacey dead.png (146KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
kevin spacey dead.png
146KB, 500x210px
What did you think of the ending of American Beauty?
>>
Gay love kills a man's quest for pussy
>>
>>84784494
Spoilers!
>>
>>84784531
If you're serious, it's really not. He tells you at the beginning he's going to die at the end.
>>
I didn't really see the point
>>
Genuinely moving for some unobtainable reason
>>
>>84784494
I was sad for Kevin Spacey. He was born anew with fresh purpose, training and getting into the young pussy game. I'm at least glad he died happy.
>>
Live fast die young
>>
Fitting.

It makes the whole statement of the movie more powerful. It would be a shame if it had been toned down.
>>
>>84785365
But he turns down teen pussy. That's why he's finally truly happy.
>>
its some shoe horned message about homophobia. really a shit way to end an otherwise good film
>>
>>84784494
Sexist film, seriously. He's a selfish prick with no responsibility, being in the same firm working for so many years and is still unable to get promoted. Drops his job to work in a fastfood outlet and have his wife take care of the house. In the end, his death is his final escape, as evidence of him narrating to the audience from 'Heaven' while his wife, god-forbid wants a another man because Kevin is such an incompetent person gets rejected in the end while the daughter doesn't get a proper father figure as he's too busy smoking weed and working out.

In the end, men wins, women loses.
>>
>Be caught in situation that looks like shit
>Could prevent escalation easily by just explaining it clearly
>Laugh instead or
>"It isn't what it looks like!"

I hate it when movies do that.

Also, movie aged badly. I can barely tell the teens apart from their Scary Movie counterparts by now. The way they look and act is just so surreal.
>>
>>84785739
But Kevin Spacey doesn't know that's what Chris Cooper thinks. And the movie is a satire, a dark comedy, and the series of events at the end is very screwball.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.