[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quentin Tarantino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 1499578389775.jpg (121KB, 1000x836px) Image search: [Google]
1499578389775.jpg
121KB, 1000x836px
What's your honest, non-meme opinion on this man?
>>
>>84774982
There was an old interview of Tarantino on The Tonight Show where he got fucking wasted and was completely wiggered out, but it's been scrubbed off the fucking internet. Anyone know where I can get it? All I can find is old mentions of it on forums.

https://archive.is/PSdL1
>>
I wonder if he ever feels sad because he can't put that much time, money and effort (not to mention all the other professionals involved on set) into his private foot-fetish videos?
>>
edgelord
>>
He's a little overrated, but besides the memes, he's pretty talented as a director. His soundtracks are fantastic too.
>>
>>84774982
i hate his movies and he seems like an insufferable sperglord
>>
File: IMG_2414.jpg (44KB, 457x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2414.jpg
44KB, 457x322px
Are they /ourguys/?
>>
>>84774982
He seems like a fuckhead IRL, but I like his movies. They have an unmistakable style to them, the soundtracks are always great, and the dialogue is well-written and interesting. Most actors seem to dial it up a notch in his movies.

I'm sure wannabe filmfaggots will REEEE over this post.
>>
>>84774982
First 2 movies are amazing. The rest are very entertaining but not that great

Personality wise, he is a walking meme and I love it. Also I respect his opinions on other movies
>>
>>84774982
A literal freak
>>
File: True-Romance-3.jpg (178KB, 1250x1251px) Image search: [Google]
True-Romance-3.jpg
178KB, 1250x1251px
>>84774982
He didn't direct his best film. That's my opinion on him.
>>
>>84774982

He's good. He makes consistentlumy good movies and they're almost always enjoyable.

He's the Kanye West of Cinema (for those that don't get the analogy Kanye is known to take samples from other songs and incorporate it into his work) Tarentino does the same but with movies (he'll take shots and snippets he likes in movies and put it in his own) Tarentino does this well. His dialogue is always top notch as well.

With that being said I still haven't seen his last one. Hateful 8?

Is it good bros?
>>
>>84774982
I find his movies entertaining. So he is ok.
>>
>>84774982

Hes great
>>
>>84774982
I believe he didn't go to film school.
>>
>>84774982

Entertaining, but too much violence and it's too over the top. I understand that he's going for that style, but imo it's better to have slightly more realistic violence than chopping off a guy's head will cause blood to spurt a meter high for a few seconds.
>>
>>84774982
He's a meme.
>>
>>84776970
He's really nice and approachable in person, why do you think he's a fuckhead IRL?
>>
>>84774982
he has a short, fat, nub-like penis
>>
>>84778474
That's a child's foot
>>
Jackie Brown is overrated
Reservoir Dogs is a legit masterpiece and one of my all-time favorites
Pulp Fiction is also a great movie, no amount of normies "loving" it can change that
Kill Bill 2 was his last good movie
>>
>>84778904
>Kill Bill 2

Stop with this.
>>
>>84778759
I disagree, especially for Kill Bill in which it fit the most.
When he wants violence to look brutal it is low key, when its to be comedic or trashy its over the top.
Raimi knew this
>>
>>84778904
Pulp Fiction made over 200 million at the box office you don't think normies love it?
>>
>>84778904
Basterds is one of his best in my opinion
>>
>>84778977
>When he wants violence to look brutal it is low key

When has he ever made violence look brutal and not "fun"?
>>
>>84778923
what?

>>84778988
I'm talking about normies hanging up *that* poster in their rooms, wearing pulp fiction shirts, listing them as one of their favorite movies, thinking it makes them look like they have taste in movies.

>>84779018
it was good but it's too full of itself. Waltz was a blessing and a curse
Also I, as a german, can't get over my hatred for Till Schweiger. It's a german thing.
>>
>>84778988
IMO most people love the movie as a comedy. Which it just isn't. They love it for the quotes and not the heart of the movie. My favorite section is Butch's section, most people would easily say Jules and Vincent.

Also Vincent fell in love with Mia, most people wouldn't get it. I feel like people love the movie for the wrong reasons IMO.
>>
>>84778988
Don't concern yourself with what normal people like, retard. God knows they aren't thinking about you.
>>
he tries too hard
>>
>>84779092
>what?

Kill Bill 2 isn't a movie. The film is ONE, it got split into two volumes, yes. But you don't count the movie as two, it's one film. It's meant to be watched in full, a full 4 hour long movie. People that chose which volume, or part, is the best are fucking morons. It's one film, so count it as such. Tarantino does.
>>
>>84774982
3:17
>>
File: 1449784275012.jpg (44KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449784275012.jpg
44KB, 300x418px
>>84779092
>Also I, as a german, can't get over my hatred for Till Schweiger.
>>
>>84774982
Thought he was god of filmaking when I was like 15 years old, 12 years later I think he's just alright and is mainly impressive as a 90s-early 00s guy than a filmmaker as a whole.
Inglorious Basterds is his best movie though.
>>
>>84774982
He makes entertaining movies with quick, witty dialogue between interesting characters
>>
>>84779144
you sound like a legit autist

>>84779244
Till Schweiger is an actual cunt. He can't act and back in 2015 he got on talkshow after talkshow and accused everyone in the country who refused to let the mudslime invaders fuck their wives and daugthers as being nazis
>>
>>84774982
His movies are 100% guaranteed to be entertaining. He has his own vision, his own style, and he knows how to be a fucking director. Listen to Jamie Foxx talks about working with Tarantino:
https://youtu.be/7K8j55V3Lvw
>>
>>84779018
IMO it's because Waltz carried the whole thing on another level. Remove him from the film or replace him with generic german actor #223 and you've got a bang average film.
>>
>>84779390
I know all of that m8, fucking hate that faggot as well
>>
>>84778654
It's okay, not his worst but definitely not the best.
>>
>>84778654
It's better than Django imo. About the same level as Inglourious.
>>
UNO
>>
>>84779390
>you sound like a legit autist.

Seriously, how? I told you why Kill Bill is one movie, not two and you're still being a fucking idiot. I guess it's because you're German and all the niggers are fucking your women. Lose your wife to the BBC?

Seriously though, Kill Bill 2 doesn't exist, so don't call Vol. 2 Kill Bill 2, ya fuckin dope.
>>
>>84779545
> Lose your wife to the BBC?
joke's on you, faglord. I'm a 27yo virgin and i've never even had a gf. Now what, loser?
You fell for a nasty kike trick selling you one movie for the price of two and you actually believe that's a fair deal and it's the 'artistic vision', congratulations
>>
>>84778654
>His dialogue is always top notch as well.
It's...good. Definetely memorable and quotable. But I'm tired of everybody spouting "ah this dialog is so true to life, so #human". It really isn't. It's hammy and nobody would ever say what he directs his characters to say.

But that's what makes him an interesting director to me. He almost doesn't care for immersion, so you can appreciate his movies as a more meta experience, and it makes it less distressing for me that he's always ripping off unknown directors because of that.
>>
>>84774982
unique writer
fairly good director
his success was because of his editor, tho. when she died his movies went to shit
>>
>>84779641
Rofl.

It's still isn't get through to you? No shit it was split for money, Tarantino full said no one would want to see a 4 and a half hour long movie in theaters. It would bomb, just like Grindhouse bombed.

It was an artistic choice because Kill Bill would have been 2 and a half hours long if he didn't chose to split them up. It's one film regardless. The Hateful Eight is his eighth film..making Kill Bill one, not two.

Stop being stupid.
>>
Horrible director of shitty flicks, loved by redditors, for example all of the ones ITT.

Not to mention he's an all-around weirdo, and not in a charming way
>>
>>84779402
that impression fuck, im leling
>>
File: 674628570.jpg (246KB, 1024x645px) Image search: [Google]
674628570.jpg
246KB, 1024x645px
>>84774982

I enjoy his work and he's made some great films, but I can't stand his personality, voice, attitude, face, hair, looks, style. Literally everything about him as a person is repulsive to me, but is a great director.

He looks like an aging angry lesbian these days.
>>
Can some of you lot go practice autism somewhere else thanks
>>
Honestly? He's got a shit-tier taste in feet. I'm not even a footfag, the feet he's always fawning over are just objectively worse than your average foot.

It's like seeing a director shooting scenes where he can suck on some empty-leather-bag grandma tits.
>>
>>84778654

Hateful 8 is basically The Thing set as a western but without an alien.

It has a similar setting, soundtrack, large ensemble cast, and paranoia out the ass.

It's a bit too long for my tastes, but I enjoyed it for the most part.
>>
>>84779870
Now you just made me imagine The Thing with Walton Goggins. Holy hell do I want it.
>>
>>84779728
if you want to watch the full story that is Kill Bill, do you have to insert one or two discs? Do you have to buffer one or two streams? Doe credits appear one or two times? If you were to travel back in time to the premiere of vol 1, were you able to see the entire story within one day?
One story. Two movies.
>>
>>84778782
>"what is this?"
>"what's going on here?"
>proceeds to attack
Yeah approachable if you want him trying to hurt you.
>>
>>84779902

I just want Goggins in everything, that guy is awesome.
>>
>>84774982
>Reservoir Dogs
Overrated shit. About the only reason people remember it is muh ear-cutting scene.
>Pulp Fiction
His breakout film, and a good one at that. Nothing really to complain about other than he's copied and is chained to this style throughout his career.
>Jackie Brown
His best film as a director, and should've been the turning point of his career. Except he is a cater fag.
>Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2
The height of his trademark style. Like Pulp Fiction, no complaints.
>Death Proof
Actually a breath of fresh air considering the shit that's about to fall right after.
>Inglourious Basterds
Outside of Christoph Waltz's amazing performance and the cinematography, it was a mediocre film at best akin to a summer blockbuster that people only watch while channel surfing when there's nothing on on tv.
>Django Unchained
Like Inglourious Basterds, it's a minority wet dream. The only bright spot was Leo's performance.
>The Hateful Eight
A big pile of money-grubbing shit but still better than Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>84779998
kind of correct on last three movies, but your opinion on RD and PF and JB is absolute pleb and shit-eater.
>>
No more movies please, Hateful 8 was the worst shit I have seen in a while and its clear QT has lost touch
>>
>>84779918
Yeah two "movies" but it's one film. Are you telling me Tarantino has directed 9 films, and not 8 like he's said?

Who the fuck would watch the last two hours of a story compared to watching it full? It's a four hour long movie, but really who would chose to watch the final half of a film? That's what they're doing when they watch Vol. 2 without watching Vol. 1 first.

It's one film, one story, SPLIT in theaters, dvd, and blu-ray for money.

Why do you think Tarantino has shown the movie in full at his theater in LA? Because it's the only way he could do it. The studio and production company will never release it in full because they want money. The writer and director himself has said it's one film.

Again, stop being so stupid.
>>
>>84774982
Poor taste in feet.
>>
>>84779839
Right? Who the fuck likes bony, wrinkly old feet?
>>
>>84779998

How is a western with a 3 hour run time money grubbing? Who's the audience for that outside of Tarantino fans?
>>
>>84780147
dude, look up the definitions of the words "movie" and "film"
It's one story. Told in two seperate movies. I'm not even gonna call the second one a sequel but they are two seperate goddamn films

And The hateful eight being its eighth movie is actually nothing more than a shitty gimmicke he himself memed into reality.
>>
File: 1495893669185.jpg (96KB, 608x688px) Image search: [Google]
1495893669185.jpg
96KB, 608x688px
Quentin Tarantino has old gay dick sucking chimpanzee lips.
>>
File: 1493979747868.jpg (42KB, 640x837px) Image search: [Google]
1493979747868.jpg
42KB, 640x837px
>inglorious basterds came out 8 (EIGHT) years ago
>>
>>84780915
>there are people browsing this board that was born after Kill Bill came out
>>
>>84780450
>I'm a fucking idiot

You sound so stupid, it's unbelievable. Kill Bill is one film/movie/story.
>>
File: 1487196973821.jpg (2KB, 125x91px) Image search: [Google]
1487196973821.jpg
2KB, 125x91px
>>84779047
Are you stupid nigger? Just look at Django
White people = over the top, cartoonish deaths (excessive blood)
Black slaves = brutal, savage (men being beaten to death or ripped apart by dogs)
>>
File: fatlinetrap.png (766KB, 1282x718px) Image search: [Google]
fatlinetrap.png
766KB, 1282x718px
>>84775250
I saw it too! It's not anywhere any more? He's on BET not the tonight show, I think. He's there w Jamie Foxx and the leading lady w/e her name is.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.