[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was his American accent so shitty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Walter.jpg (107KB, 937x720px) Image search: [Google]
Walter.jpg
107KB, 937x720px
Fassbender can do British just fine even though he's Irish.

Isn't American closer to Irish?
>>
>>84773339
what the fuck even is an american accent? America has so many broad accents
>>
>german name

>speaks shit german
>>
>>84773352
>America is so big XD
>>
>>84773352
I think he's referring to the generic "neutral" American accent you hear a lot of actors and tv presenters do. The kind that isn't specific to any one region.
>>
It's so tragic he is wasted on such shitty films.
>>
>>84773373
For you
>>
>>84773352
probably like a normal midwestern American, like the kind they always train actors and newspeople to speak with
>>
>>84773373
considering its the 4th largest country in the world it objective is you fucking ape
>>
>>84773416
>considering its the 4th largest country in the world

Isn't it 3rd?
>>
>>84773352
>muh diverse america
>1 language
>>
>>84773339
>>84773339
>Nailing the accent of the biggest melting pot in the world

Wow OP you sure are naive! Not even the greatest actor could accomplish such a feat.
>>
>>84773352
it actually doesn't. the difference between the most different American dialects is so minute compared to the difference in dialects inside other countries.

people from different parts of Netherlands, a country the size of a tin can, cannot understand each other meanwhile all Americans are mutually intelligible.
>>
>>84773457
There are hundreds of languages spoken in the US. English is just the most common.
>>
>>84773431
if you count all the coastal waters then yes
America is relativity close in size to China and depending on the land and water counted either could be 3rd
>>
>>84773505
He was aiming for Southern. He failed.
>>
>>84773378

akschually

TV Broadcasters and radio personalities most often/intentionally affect a Cleveland accent as it's one of the more proper dialects and is understandable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.