[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiderman Homecoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 35

File: 1499448015601.jpg (190KB, 655x365px) Image search: [Google]
1499448015601.jpg
190KB, 655x365px
Sadly missed this yesterday. Is it actually any good?

I am not impressed with the trailers.
>>
I saw it yesterday and don't remember a single second of it, only that the post credit scene was funny.
>>
Its full of Marxist propaganda. But the film itself is fun to watch
>>
>>84766466
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>84766507
It insists upon the notion that non-white people exist.
>>
File: DIVERSE.jpg (56KB, 644x506px) Image search: [Google]
DIVERSE.jpg
56KB, 644x506px
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a nigger school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>new black Mary Jane speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both love interests are niggers

etc.
>>
>>84766432
There's already a camrip out.
Tony stole the show.
>>
>>84766507
>movie starts with an Indian joke
>spiderman falls in love with a black woman
>slave trade is mentioned in the movie

Etc the movie is full of it
>>
>>84766543
Seriously?

Like, not a racist and what not, but this sounds kinda blatant.

None of the trailers have particularly appealed to me. And the multicultural aspect is kinda fucked up.
>>
>>84766543
>white villain (Keaton) is married to a nigger
>>
File: SPIDERMAN LOLITA.jpg (197KB, 625x569px) Image search: [Google]
SPIDERMAN LOLITA.jpg
197KB, 625x569px
a modern day lolita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA
>>
>>84766525
Why was Spiderman best friends with a mexican mom?
>>
>>84766558
When they revealed that he was the dad it felt really forced to make Liz a black girl. They could have used a white girl and it would make a lot more sense
>>
>>84766543
Ah yes I remember Karl Marx's many essays on political correctness and interracial romance.
>>
>be black
>make up only 10% of the population
>get vastly over-represented just because you moan about it enough

Wtf America, keep your minorities in line
>>
>>84766596
actually, he did write those essays while he was in jail. you have the iq of a turnip.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>84766432
>No Spider Sense
>MJ is played by Jaden Smith
>Shocker gets portrayed by a white guy then killed only to be played by a black guy
>Edgy /b/ Fuck Kill Marry Joke by Teen
>>
>>84766581
What? That's what made the twist work, you didn't see it coming. And she mas obviously mixed, anyway.

>>84766525
None of these are fucking propaganda. Only MJ cared about slave labor and she was portrayed as a weird character anyway. The biggest crime this movie committed on this front was the forcibly diverse cast, and that was mild as shit. Who cares what color the skin of spidey's love interest is?
>>
>>84766682
>Edgy /b/ Fuck Kill Marry Joke by Teen
joined in on by the gay guy
>>
I liked the mexican kid with the blonde aryan looking girlfriend.
>>
>>84766682
>No Spidey Sences
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!! I unironically loved the movie till you pointed this out
>>
File: 34634763.jpg (169KB, 700x902px) Image search: [Google]
34634763.jpg
169KB, 700x902px
>>84766700
>Who cares what color the skin of spidey's love interest is?
>>
>>84766700
The original spiderman falls in love with a white woman so it doesn't make any sense other then being forced in there to pander black's. Its propaganda because its forced in the movie
>>
>>84766809
is that Chloe and Dave Chapelle?
>>
>>84766785
He was dodging shit coming from behind him all movie - much like the car door in CW. I know they didn't pause/slo-mo it to draw wavy lines coming off his head like they do in the funny picture books but you disfunctioning autists ought to catch up and realise where you are. It's a part of his MCU power set but not one that needs focusing on for your little OCD checklists.
>>
>>84766682
>teens play fuck marry kill IRL all the time
>it's edgy to put it in a movie
You're too old for this movie if you think this is edgy
>>
>>84766840
Trash with bad/no parents detected.
>>
>>84766839
Bullshit. How did he not sense Aunt May behind him while taking off his suit or The Shocker about to punch him as he left the school building back door
>>
>>84766445
>average capeshitter's attention span

So thats why they are keep getting away with it.
>>
>>84766862
>he never compared his taste in women with peers by playing stupid games at school
>>
>>84766682
>Shocker gets portrayed by a white guy
That was Montana, and he was only ever Shocker in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

>only to be played by a black guy
That's comic Shocker, and he's been retconned to have tan-ish skin (though not literally a black guy like in the film).
>>
>>84766525
>new black Mary Jane
and no need to see this movie
>>
>>84766972
not
>>84766445
but this is my first capeshit movie since BvS and it felt like just a random comic, which is nice and all, but it didn't do anything new and was completely forgettable.

I was glad it wasn't some shitty origin retelling again, but it just wasn't anything different
>>
>>84766913
Aunt Bae isn't a threat, neither was not-Ganke. The Spidey-Sense doesn't always work in the comics + Shocker II got the drop on him as he was still in shock over the whole 'the villain is my GF's dad' thing.
>>
>>84766862
Teens with friends do. Probably why most posters here aren't getting that scene.
>>
File: quiltman cometh.jpg (221KB, 859x696px) Image search: [Google]
quiltman cometh.jpg
221KB, 859x696px
>>84766682
>>
the poz is strong
> barely any whites in the school
>race mixing
> sjw talking about slavery
> literal jews everywhere
> all of peters friends are not white
>>
File: jew_toss.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jew_toss.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>84767318
>>
>>84767188
>Teens with friends do.
yeah, trash teens with trash friends
>>
It's pretty good. Not great but not bad either
>>
>>84767355
movie name?
>>
>>84766432
it's an MCU movie OF COURSE IT'S GOOD
>>
>Is it actually any good?
It's better than Amazing Spider-Men 1 and 2, and maybe better than Spider-Man 3, but not as good as Raimi Spider-Men 1 and 2.
>>
>>84766432
peter's fat asian friend was pretty funny imo
>>
>>84768786
Spiderman 2
>>
File: wtf.gif (828KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
828KB, 400x352px
Didn't like Civil War, didn't like Holland in it, none of the trailers did it for me either; went and saw Homecoming with my siblings anyway because it was my birthday.

Best MCU movie.
Best Spider-Man movie.
Probably my favorite superhero movie of all time.

I don't know what the fuck happened, by all logic Homecoming should feel like a generic MCU cash-in; but it's the complete opposite. It's charmig, it's funny, it has its own style. Spider-Man barely feels like a superhero and Vulture barely feels like a villain, and I mean that in the best possible way. It has a sort of down-to-earth feel that makes it feel wonderful. Only complaints is that the score and action sequences are mediocre, and a couple of jokes and a certain character is terrible. Other than that I found this movie to be an absolute joy.
>>
>>84766432
When is Hollywood going to learn that blasting Generic Pop Song #99120 does not make for an interesting trailer? I'm getting so sick of this bullshit, it ruins the god damn trailer and makes me want to NOT see the film.
>>
>>84766432

probably the best capeshit thing in years, awesome villain, great solid plot and great support characters, the only thing that I disliked was the crazy amount of tech that spiderman had in his suit, really exaggerated.
>>
File: conair.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
conair.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>84770469
>>
>>84770631
>the crazy amount of tech that spiderman had in his suit, really exaggerated.
But wasn't that the point? Stark put infinite unnecessary bullshit in Parker's suit because his turbo autism compels him to, and Peter neither needs it nor appreciates it
>>
>>84767355
this is like cartoonishly evil. theres no way this happened right?
>>
>>84766432
It's great but it's got remixing and a very racially mixed cast so if you're /pol/ don't bother seeing it. You'll be triggered.
>>
>>84768786

The Pianist.
>>
>>84770755
>dude there's no way that people could something like this! there has to be a hard limit of how evil people can be, right?
this is one of the dumbest things I've heard all week. that said, it's not a documentary
>>
>>84766432
I am watching a cam rip of it. Literally Jon Favreau.
>>
>>84770469
I don't watch much super hero movies (enough to still understand what's going on though) and I have no idea about the comics since I've never read those. That said, I agree with this guy. It was a good "teenager juggling life trying to play a superhero" movie. Vulture also was sort of right with his philosophy, and I especially liked that Spider-man was just "why are you telling me this dude I'm a teenager and you're the badguy", showing how green he is in all this and how all these muh serious superhero consequences don't fit into a teengers world. Certain kind naivety the movie had going I guess I'd call it, and it was really charming. Bonus points for teenagers actually looking like teenagers and not 20something adults like in most hollywood products

The /pol/ shit everyone keeps complaining about didn't really bother me, afaik queens has plenty of minorities so it can't really be expected to be all white. The whole "slaves built this fuck u" thing fit the black girls character what's with being an edgy diehard-liberal teenager and all, I didn't see it as preachy like people are complaining here about. Whether they changed characters to represent minorities is a different thing though and I can see why that'd annoy people, but like I said I'm not familiar with the comics. Liz being mixed actually served a purpose though, the twist was good specifically because of that

The only really glaring negative the movie had was that there wasn't really a sense of danger at any point. Like, the stakes weren't there, but that's to be expected I suppose from a down-to-earth story. Still, it made the action more boring that it could've been
>>
The same fake argument every day.

Some life you have
>>
>>84770706

the inner female voice thing was really awful and the sheer amount of tech was really boring to watch.

>you can choose from 78 types of web shoots, do you want to go thru the tutorial now?

too much, I have a shitload of comics that started with my dad and uncle collecting them since 1969 and the best part of this character is when he gets to sew up his ripped suit or use web to cover holes in his suit, in comics not even the iron spider suit was this heavy tech.
>>
What an easy movie this was, literally no stakes or danger, bland villain with shit motivation, constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS, action scenes were boring, cringy dialogue, shit score and no interesting character in this flick.
At one point that nigress MJ says something like: why should I celebrate a statue build by slaves? or something like that, jesus christ. I'm gonna rewatch Spider-man 1 and 2 to wash away the taste of blandness
>>
>>84771047
>constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS
I thought that was executed pretty realistically; if Avengers really existed you can be sure as fuck they'd be a fucking huge phenomenon. Cap giving school tutorial advice was really good touch
>>
>>84766432
It's 6/10
>lead actor is very good, makes spider-man actually seem like a kid and is likable
>keaton is great as vulture
>the plot twist with his true identity is best part of the movie especially when he realizes that Peter is Spiderman
>most of cast is good with exception of Flash Thompson and Michelle/MJ
>Flash is now a wimpy Indian kid who is popular because he's rich and makes fun of Peter for no apparent reason
>Michelle is a buzzfeed cunt who is "woke" because she reads On Human Bondage in gym class and refuses to go to the Washington Monument on the school trip because it was "built by slaves" (even though it wasn't)
>She is also incredibly irritating and unfriendly towards peter and yet at the end she becomes the new love interest and says that she and peter are friends now even though they had literally no conversations in the movie because the only interaction she had with him was calling him a loser and giving him the finger
>MCU bullshit applies - minimal violence (almost no blood despite massive battles), lots of explosions, cameos, credit scenes, CGI ad nauseam
>Dialogue is mostly good, some really bad lines though (one of the first lines in the film is a guy correcting Michael Keaton for using the politically incorrect term "cowboys and indians"
Overall, the movie was good but flawed. Nowhere close to the Raimi trilogy
>>
>>84771047
This,was an avengers/Iron man movie, pretty awful.
>>
>>84771167
>iron man was in the movie for 8 minutes total
>LITERALLY ALL action was spider-man
>"it was an avengers / iron man movie guys"
>>
>>84771261
>A movie about peter being dependent on a Tony star suit
>Tony being his mentor
>Peter trying to be part of avengers
> villain stealing tony shit
Spiderman turned into Iron Man Robin, is a fucking Iron Man movie
>>
>>84771329
Yep, even if Tony was not on screen, he was mentioned every 2 sentences or so.
>>
>>84766785
>No Spider Sense
>"Can you even see in these?"
>"Yeah, it's just that when whatever happened happened it's like my senses have been dialed to eleven"
He mentions spider-sense in Civil War
>>
>>84771422
He had it in Civil War, lost it in this movie, as well as his ability to webswing
>>
can someone explain what the point was to drive the Audi instead of web swinging ?
>>
so didnt peter signed the sokovia accords?
how was he allowed to do anything without government being involved?
>>
>>84771329
Yeah iron man is in it for maybe 10 minutes definitely an iron man movie. Retard.

Don't listen to anyone bitch, the movie was great. Tom Holland is the best spider-man to date. Michael Keaton is fantastic as the vulture, by far the best marvel villain so far in film. They share a scene that is legitimately as good as the Dark Knight interrogation scene. Flash Thompson is not in the film. Mary Jane is not in the film. The score is not memorable, but it's hard to top Danny Elfman. For my money, this film is up their with Spider-Man 2. Holland is better than toby, and he actually moves, talks, and fights like spider-man.
Basically, the film is great aside from the sjw bullshit and virtue signalling. If you can get past that, it's an 8/10 movie.

...but really guys anytime they make an Asian character white (tilda Denton, Scarlett Johanson) people panic, yet they cheer when a white character is played by a black actress? Sjw are bigoted hypocrites. Anyway, great movie check it out.
>>
>>84771047
>constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS,

Yeah, because celebrity endorsements / companies / celebrity charities don't exist in real life, and companies don't rely on celebrity names/brands to profit in real life.

Captain america being a role model in a school and the comic version of steve jobs:superhero being idolized by random geeks works.
>>
>>84771651

>Flash Thompson is not in the film. Mary Jane is not in the film

lmao this denial
>>
>>84771123
>>Dialogue is mostly good, some really bad lines though (one of the first lines in the film is a guy correcting Michael Keaton for using the politically incorrect term "cowboys and indians"
Old people use outdated terms and are corrected by young people all the time. The fact it happened to be a racial term is actually fairly accurate to how people talk in the news / media / workplace now.
>>84771123
>kid who is popular because he's rich and makes fun of Peter for no apparent reason
yes, that's how bullying works
>>84771123
>Michelle is a buzzfeed cunt
what is an edgy teen who brings up unrelated shit all the time
>>84771123
>She is also incredibly irritating and unfriendly towards peter and yet at the end she becomes the new love interest and says that she and peter are friends now even though they had literally no conversations in the movie because the only interaction she had with him was calling him a loser and giving him the finger
Literally the schoolhouse classic "i'll be mean to them so they notice me"
>>
>>84771329
I get the iron man stuff was a little on the heavy side, but the movie was about trying to live up to / impress your hero and then realizing you can be your own person instead.

It just happened to be a famous celebrity superhero instead of his dad.
>>
>>84771469
>as well as his ability to webswing
The movie made a recurring joke that webswinging doesn't work in the suburbs. I wouldn't say he lost it. It was just played for laughs.
>>
>>84766432
They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero le shitty spider kid shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie
>>
>>84771651
>anytime they make an Asian character white people panic

Name any asian movie actor besides Donnie Yen, Lucy Liu, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, or Zhang Ziyi off the top of your head without google. Maybe you know Harold's name is John Cho. Maybe Glenn will be in movies soon?

It's not that they're panicing. They're pointing out that asian people aren't really in hollywood movies, which is a problem because the asian market is a giant chunk of ticket sales. (And also racism but that's not the main problem)
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>84771047
>What an easy movie this was, literally no stakes or danger.

That was one of the best parts you tremendous fucking pleb. Homecoming is barely a capeshit movie, just a film about a kid with superpowers trying to be the best person he can.
>>
>>84766862
>literally wants unrealistic characters

Kys dweeb
>>
>>84766432
pretty forgettable and boring. standard marvel-type fare.

for a movie done by marvel, i'm a little surprised they changed some stuff having to do with spidey... his suit is a hi-tech iron man type suit which is interesting.

also he has no spider sense. that's the weirdest part of all. that's pretty much his defining power... what sets him apart from every other hero with super strength and agility.

you'd think marvel's spider man would be closer to the actual thing.
>>
>>84772742
They're probably saving it for any sequel films as a sign of character growth or something
>oh shit I now have spider sense! I'm a real hero now!
>>
>>84771865
who hurt you desu
>>
>>84772742
after five other movies and two reboots, this movie pushed hard to make their spiderman noticably different to the last two.

I'm sure he'll be more spider-man-y moving forward
>>
>>84771865
>voting republican
>normal
desu the only reason you think this is because when the republicans voted to let companies dump mercury into the water supply, the subsequent heavy metal poisoning fucked with your head
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_33.jpg (101KB, 486x738px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_33.jpg
101KB, 486x738px
>>84766432
the scenes where peter sees bird man is his crush's father all the way to the dance are really solid

Also the rubble scene was really well done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-87GWEXZNg
>>
>>84773552
the way he changed from lifting it with his backs into lifting it with his hands looked REALLY bad though. Like, taking you out of a movie bad. The concrete just kept slowly rising even though he wasn't even touching any of it for a moment

Good scene otherwise though
>>
so any chance for a pepper potts/aunt may buddy cop movie
>>
>>84773667
fuck I dont remember what it looks like. I'd say that scene where peter and iron man argue right when Tony steps out of the suit is really horrible.

Can anyone explain the logic of tony giving him a new suit? Or peter just blatantly accepting iron man's suit instead of him making it on his own?

>maybe you shouldnt have the suit then
>oh hey, here's another suit kid
>>
>>84773738
I was kind of hoping Peter would ask for a suit without any of the high-tec. Just, a cool suit that goes skintight and that's that. But he didn't and the movie didn't really suggest anything like that, despite him wanting to be a hero on his own. Guess we'll see when he uses it next time
>>
I dint enjoy it very much. I didnt laugh single time, action was alright, but cgi spiser-man was way too obvious, especially in girst half. MJ too was a living pc meme, I am sure by the hints made we will see her a lot more in next movie. Also that fucking diversity at the beginning of movie kek. Its fucking queens for christ sake.
>>
>>84771380
>boy who has lost both of his male role models is desperate for the approval of his new male role model
What a fucking surprise.
>>
File: 1499242389285.jpg (142KB, 900x879px) Image search: [Google]
1499242389285.jpg
142KB, 900x879px
Is this true that Peter behaves like modern teen degenerate?
>>
>>84773552
>Also the rubble scene was really well done
Strongly disagree. It's done way better in the comic and the way the movie handles such an iconic scene is really a let-down.

In the comic, his Aunt May's life is on the line, and if he doesn't get up, he'll fail her like he failed his Uncle Ben. In a way, by saving Aunt May this time, he'll have redeemed himself even partially for letting Ben die. There's real stakes and emotions, a real struggle beyond just the physical. In the movie, because they desperately avoid talking about Uncle Ben, he's just trying to prove himself because he sort of disappointed Iron Man? It's just not the same, it's like, who cares if Tony Stark doesn't like Peter Parker? Tony Stark is an asshole. Fuck, just a scene ago, the Vulture points out that Tony made his money by selling weapons, by being a death merchant, and he's right. Fuck Tony.
>>
>>84773976
He behaves like a teen whose mentor/male role model is ignoring, so he tries to get his attention by doing ultimately reckless shit.
>>
>>84773976
Yeah, they really went overboard with it.

I tried to stomach it, but when the Spider-Man twerking scene came I walked out of the theatre.
>>
>>84774043
They fucked up this part with the Tony Stark voice-over. Even with that, I still took it as a scene where Peter is revealed as being a kid in over his head, and realizing no one is coming to help. He has to find his own strength because he's alone with no one else to rely on.
>>
>>84774067
>that dab-off between Peter and Flash
I get who they're trying to pander to but shit was it awkward
>>
>>84774114
This.

Scene would have been perfect without the voice over, seeing the mask and his face reflected in the water was symbolic enough.
>>
>>84766432
Movie was great.

Sadly we had some americans sitting behind us and it felt like we were in a "Typical American stereotype" sketch.
They laughed at EVERYTHING, clapped, OHHH, AHHHH. Talk about cringy.

It was really distracting.
>>
File: 71j2sy0H27L._SY355_.jpg (25KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71j2sy0H27L._SY355_.jpg
25KB, 355x355px
>>84774067
>>84774126
What'd you guy think of the Spider Spinners?
>>
>>84774114
>>84774265
Yeah, going to have to agree that if you just edit out the Tony Stark line, you'd fix that scene.
>>
https://youtu.be/WVTIusuTdhk

Is that the post credits scene?
>>
>>84770846>>84767355
I'm also curious about this scene...
I would like to know wether this scene has been inspired by a holocaust victim's recollection of their experiences
>>
>>84774043
>he's just trying to prove himself because he sort of disappointed Iron Man?

this:
>>84774114
>I still took it as a scene where Peter is revealed as being a kid in over his head, and realizing no one is coming to help.
That's the moment he realizes he can't depend on iron man to bail him out anymore, and if he wants to be spiderman, he has to depend on spiderman, not the avengers. That's why he's chanting his own name.
>>
>>84766432

wasn't expecting much from it and when I saw it was a two hour thing it remind me of the WW 2 hour borefest but it was pretty good, that fucking villain was awesomely written and put on scene, the character was also solid and close to reality (comics), the only shit I hated was the "too-much-tony-stark-influence" on the character.
>>
>>84774067
>>84774126
>>84774330
Was there even a reason as to why they needed to show that Spider-Man's suit came with a built-in vaporizer?

Really just felt like pointless pandering.
>>
I actually enjoyed the film, my favourite part was towards the beginning when there is a montage of him stopping petty crimes and in the montage one of the deeds he did was give a women directions, that cracked me up. I also liked around that same part when a random dude on the street recognized him from YouTube and said "do a flip"
>>
>>84774368
This is first one and theres second one with capt amerika psa which is waste of time
>>
>>84774577
Sounds like amazing spider man 3. Let me guess it's shit but reviewers don't want to rock the boat yet.
>>
>>84770469
>>84770973
Agreed with these. Vulture is definitely one of the few actual good villains of the MCU so far and the movie overall is in my personal Top 5 of this universe
>>
File: Screenshot_20170708-231309.jpg (437KB, 1080x963px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170708-231309.jpg
437KB, 1080x963px
>>
It was very mediocre. I'm realizing the best part of the movie was Captain America.
>>
>>84774516
You got to admit, the scene where Spider-Man does a scarecam Let's Play of Slender Man was funny, especially when he freaked out and webbed his webcam.
>>
>>84774778
I love Hannibal buress' line "I think he's a war criminal now or something but you should listen to him" I'm not huge on MCU referencing each other but that was pretty good
>>
File: 4165765441.jpg (11KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
4165765441.jpg
11KB, 200x291px
>yfw Vulture answered the door
>>
>>84774724
Non-white Hispanics are the only underrepresented minority in Hollywood despite being the biggest racial minority in America (there's more non-white Hispanics than blacks) but nobody really cares as long as you cast some black people.
>>
>>84774724
Tom Holland is 21, he is playing a 15 year old so it makes sense to cast a Manlet, but what happens in a couple years when he is still a Manlet and has adult love interests that are even taller than that black girl
>>
>>84770469
I'm surprised you didn't like him in Civil War. "Those wings carbon fiber?" My favorite line from the movie. Love the NY accent.
>>
>>84774936
They'll probably do the same shit they do with RDJ.
>>
>>84774904
actually surprised me
>>
>>84770973
I'm a pol cat and felt like it was all a parody of the current political left wing climate at school. When MJ wants to protest it's clear it means nothing to her. She's just running through the motions of what's expected from a counter culture point of view, vaguely aware that she's just a cog in a wheel of bullshit.
>>
>>84771907
>Not mentioning Ken fucking Watanabe
fuck off
>>
>>84766432
It's decent. CGI is trash and the "I wanna be an Avenger" thing is really annoying, but Birdman makes up for any shortcomings.
>>84766543
>>slave trade is mentioned in the movie
The character who mentions that is portrayed as the weird special snowflake the whole movie, and the other black girl enters the monument anyway
Unless you're genuinely autistic, it was a pretty obvious joke.
>>
>>84774492
I felt like Tony was a better Superman than D.C. has. Meaning he is like a god, just so above everyone. D.C. should have captured that but instead their Superman is all angst.
>>
>>84766809

but thats a white girl with a black man
>>
It was okay. It' wasn't bad, but there's nothing great or memorable to talk about.

I would say that it feels like a good episode of a Spiderman cartoon, rather than you know, a movie.
>>
File: 1499391480499.jpg (91KB, 353x337px) Image search: [Google]
1499391480499.jpg
91KB, 353x337px
>tfw can't tell if shills or if /tv/'s taste is really this bad
why do people even bother to shill here? we watch camrips
>>
>>84775324
>we watch camrips
speak for yourself, poorfag
>>
>>84771628
He a street-level hero. The movie shows that prior to the Vulture, Peter's daily life as a hero consisted of stopping bike stealers, purse snatchers and helping tourists who were lost.
The Accords don't really affect him.
>>
It was surprisingly good and genuinely funny.

Felt like satire of the super hero genre at times.
>>
>>84766563
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>84775271
>I would say that it feels like a good episode of a Spiderman cartoon, rather than you know, a movie.

That's why it was great imo, it was so easy-going. There was no major threat and it was mostly just a movie about a kid wanting to be recognized.

Felt like a great contrast to all the beam in the sky/world is ending.
>>
The movie is alright, Keaton carries every scene he's in and is arguably the best Marvel villain yet.
>>
>>84775625
It's half praise and a half criticism. It felt like episode 2 of a high budget Spiderman tv series (since they left out all the origins shit) and makes me curious about the next "episodes". But it didn't gave me the satisfaction of watching a good standalone movie, if that make sense.
>>
>>84766432

For me it was 8.5 out of ten, but it could have been perfect. Excellent peter parker, best one since first Toby movie. Maybe even best ever, never thought I would say that but he was really really good. Excellent villain. Great fucking action and fight scenes. Funny parts were funny. Great effects.

The two lead women were the ones that dragged it down for me as well as the forced SJW stuff. They replaced Liz Allen, a blonde blue-eyed bombshell with a really weird looking Nigerian girl who could not act at all. When they played like slo-mo dreamy music in the hallway when Peter sees her at school I almost burst out laughing. They replaced classic redhead MJ with a black "girl" who dressed like a man, looked like a butch, perpetually hungover, half black half mexican transvestite, and who walked around spewing BLM memes. Also absolutely terrible acting. Both female leads were straight fucking garbage.

Fat friend was surprisingly good. Flash was terrible but we all knew he would be, he's good actor just horrible miscast. Keaton was fucking great. RJD great.

Could have been all time greatest capeshit, but it got dragged down by the SJW-agenda and forced diversity casting. Also not only did they force both of Peters love interests as being black they forced the villains love interest as black as well. (b/w relationships make up less that 1% of relationships in America in actual fact).

Even with all this garbage hanging around it's neck like a shit-anchor it was still very good and enjoyable. Would still recommend seeing it. The rest of it was so well done it's worth it.
>>
>>84766432
It was garbage. Every character was a quip slinging quipster.
>>
>>84773552
>>84774396
That scene is already one of my favorite moments of the whole MCU so far. That moment of realization and the way he gathers strenght, chanting his name and stuff, was really great. Holland really sells it
>>
>>84771047
This guy gets it.
>>
Can we all agree that final showdown on the plane was an absolute clusterfuck? It made the Wonder Woman climax look good.
>>
File: 1498966386080.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1498966386080.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
>>84770469
>Best Spider-Man movie.
>>
File: Supercheck.gif (2MB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
Supercheck.gif
2MB, 245x360px
>>84766432
Saw it today. It's the best thing from the MCU since Iron Man.

Pros:
>Best villain in the entirety of the MCU. Period.

>cool suit

>Spidey's moment of truth. "Come on, Spider-Man!"

>Best boy Ned.

>Pete saying no to Tony.

>Happy's opinion of Pete.

>Best Spidey/second-best Pete.

That said, this is where it lost points for me:

Cons:
>muh unnecessary semi-serious slavery bullshit

>suit's a little *too* cool

>Aunt May's "comic relief" falls kind of flat at times

>Spidey's motivations are a little bit muddled

>Tony feeding Pete his own "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" line

>"MJ" was annoying as fuck

>try not to think too much about how 8 years later and with the world's premier tech wiz on their team, law enforcement still isn't using Ch'tauri tech but the bad guys are putting shit together in their basement. WITH A BUNCH OF SCRAPS!

>try not to think too much about why you'd ever ship anything that valuable/dangerous anywhere AT ALL without a security escort

>very forgettable OST

I am a certified comics fan and a confirmed DCBro, and this is my considered opinion.
>>
>>84774904
>>84775136
For real, that was a pretty well done twist
>>
>>84776136
Oh, and one final "con:"

>CGI can be a little dodgy and super-obvious at times.
>>
>>84766525
>no Hispanics represented in multicultral school
Makes me wonder what the Disney Jews main audience is exactly
>>
>>84776136
My opinion is pretty much the opposite. I'm not sure how anyone could have liked this piece of shit movie. He was hands down the worst Spiderman because he wasn't Spiderman. In fact, it wasn't even a Spiderman movie. It was a disney highschool comedy/drama with the Spiderman name thrown on top. You barely knew he had any kind of powers or abilities until the end when he lifted the wreckage off his back, because until then he spent the entire film being slapped around like a little bitch or trying desperately to get Stark's approval. Everything about it is wrong, it's just not Spiderman at all.

>Best boy Ned
I have never found a sidekick so annoying, at least in recent memory. For a supposed best friend he is unbelievably selfish. And the comedy throughout the film was predictable and generally not funny.

Best part of the film was the villian who I cared about more than anything else, and the Captain America educational videos. I really think this is the movie that will bring on Marvel fatigue for a lot of people.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>84774904
>tfw he figured out that Peter was Spider-Man almost immediately.

Holy shit that scene was so amazing.

Best part of Homecoming is that it breaks so many cape cliches.
>>
File: Zod - Doomsday.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zod - Doomsday.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>>84776401
I actually felt bad for Toomes. There's pretty much only one other cape villain I've felt that way about.
>>
>>84775822
I actually really liked Flash. He was a still a bully, just the rich smartass type instead of the tall jock one.
>>
>>84776544
I despised that character. He was another forgotten "con" for me. I can't get into a "bully" who's inferior to Pete in every conceivable way.

He's rich. That's pretty much all he has going for him. It should work, but it just doesn't, at least not for me.
>>
>>84776401
Pretty much everything you hated about the movie is the reason I loved it.
>>
>>84776460
>Best part of Homecoming is that it breaks so many cape cliches.

Have peoples expetations for movies lowered drastically in the last year? I've seen so many people praising this as the best marvel film and him as the best spiderman, and now this anon is talking bullshit about breaking cliches. It was mindless garbage which was filled with cliches. As another here pointed out, at the beginning when the love interest comes into view and everything goes into slow motion with dreamy music. I laughed because it was so bad. The humour almost always fell flat with the exception of Captain America's bits.

>>84776639
Well that's fair enough, I guess the movie was made for you and not me
>>
>>84776544
>Flash always got put in his place after Peter got his Spidey powers
>meanwhile in Homecoming Peter never tried to teach Flash a lesson and always just let him fuck with him, even though he's a fucking wimp who also looks weaker than Peter
yeah no, fuck this character
>>
Why is /pol/ so fucking terrible?
>>
>>84776401
But it's the most accurate portrayal of Spiderman yet. He's quipmaking, cocky teenager in this phase and Holland played him extremely well. Is he annoying? Well yeah, but that's how teenager acts other for some tryhard pandering moments.
>it was a disney highscool comedy/drama with the spiderman
Spiderman was and is always be half superhero and half soap opera from its conception
>You barely knew he had any kind of powers or abilities
He's young and new. Also, the writers probably assumed that everyone already knew Spiderman before, just like how they brushed off where he got his power, web, and where's uncle Ben.
>he spent the entire film being slapped around like a little bitch or trying desperately to get Stark's approval
I don't think you got the point of the movie. Parker is a literal kid by that point and he's just playing a dress up with powers. That's why he desperately wanting more mission because it's fun. That's why he fucked up solving actual crimes with actual criminals, because he's immature and inexperienced. The whole movie is about him realising that being a superhero is more than just putting a costume and beat up bad guys, and realising that he need to stand up by himself in order to be a real hero and human bean . In the end, he's finally grow up by refusing to take the new suit and join up Avengers.
>>
>>84776615
But that's why I liked him. Having someone who's just physically superior to Peter would be boring because we all know Peter's actually the strong one and it'd be just a matter of time before he demonstraded that, like we've seen in both iterations before.
In Homecoming it feels like they modernized the concept while at the same time trying to do something that's completely different than Raimi and Webb's versions. Here, Flash is much richer and popular than Peter and also pretty smart. Compared to him Peter's an absolute loser and there's nothing he can do about it.
>>
>>84775193
The two scenes with the ironman suits were him saving peoples lives, no beating up/killing baddies, just saving people.

You're damn right he's a better superman
>>
>>84776834
>Compared to him Peter's an absolute loser and there's nothing he can do about it.
Except beat his ass
you do realise that victors in fights are the ones who get to be respected more, right?
>>
>written by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley
>His [Daley's] father is of Irish Catholic background, while his mother is Jewish.
>>
>>84776796
I think you want the film to be something it's not. The writers weren't trying anything clever, they just fucked up. Some how, Spiderman forgot how to be Spiderman between Civil War and Homecoming. In CW he was catching moving vehicles and catching punches mid-flight from Bucky's robot arm, easily overpowering him as if he were a child. In Homecoming he's a bit of a joke. Constantly getting hit by things he could easily catch or dodge, overpowered by things he shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure in Homecoming he spent more time running on foot than swinging from tall buildings. I don't seem to remember any tall buildings other than the monument.
>>
>>84776134
It's the only one that captures the essence of his character properly.
>>
>>84776936
Which goes back to what I said about Marvel trying to do something different this time. We've already seen Peter teach Flash a lesson in both versions before this one. Besides, we never really get to see them interact after Peter gets deeply involved with trying to stop Vulture. Who knows maybe in the next movie he'll tell Flash to fuck off.
>>
File: 1499539900535.jpg (174KB, 1024x635px) Image search: [Google]
1499539900535.jpg
174KB, 1024x635px
>>84776995

just a coincidence
>>
Was that Flash guy the same dude I kept seeing in financial adverts on youtube. Very strange to see a commercial actor in a big movie like this
>>
>>84777076
>the essence of his character properly.
Spiderman 2 already did that
>>
>>84777076
Oh yeah, it captures the essence of his character from the comics where he devotes his entire life to impressing tony stark while simultaneously doing nothing remotely similar to any other spiderman story. ok
>>
>>84776995
Why is /pol/ always right?
>>
>>84777110
That's just it, though. Pete *shouldn't* get to teach Flash a lesson, because wimpy little Parker upstaging the jock reveals his secret. It's a misstep that both previous incarnations made, in my opinion. Pete's supposed to eventually win Flash's respect by being *mentally* tough and just an all-around good guy. There's tons of ways to show this if you want to make that character part of the plot.

Pete could whup this Flash's ass with no powers, one hand tied behind his back, and a bad case of hay fever.
>>
>>84777065
Maybe you're right, but in my headcanon half of his abilities by then was coming from the suit. That's why he's so weak in the rubbles, because he's wearing a sweater. It's shitty justification, I know.
>he spent more time running on foot
It's a joke. He operates on suburbian areas and there's nothing around Monument area. I suppose it's a bit refreshing because the previous movies always set mostly on Manhattan.
>>
It was bad, which, for these movies, is good.

I don't quite want my money back for seeing it. The suit technology was kind of cool, but the main fights weren't great, and I hated every second of meme master tiny stark.
>>
File: 1422086298481.jpg (101KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
1422086298481.jpg
101KB, 550x636px
>>84774392
oy vey they used to throw us off our balconies they did!
>>
>>84777237
>Pete's supposed to eventually win Flash's respect by being *mentally* tough and just an all-around good guy.
Fuck no, that sounds terrible and cuck talk. The only way to get a bully's respect is by beating him up. Besides, Flash would lose his pride, but he'd still be rich which somehow makes him above Peter.
>>
>>84776690
Homecoming does actually break quite a few cape cliches, it's not some kind of massive deconstruction of the genre but it's definitively there. It's especially impressive considering this is an MCU movie.

Generally speaking Superhero movies are supposed to paint the protagonist as capable and cool, but Homecoming goes out of its way to do the opposite. Spider-Man is basically a total fucking loser in this movie and they don't shy away from it. He fucks up all the time and the biggest disaster in the movie is technically his own fault, he can't even stop it without Iron Man's help. There also isn't an active threat in the movie, the Vulture is barely a villain; he even points out that what he's doing really is not that different from Tony Stark. Spider-Man even learns something from him and decides to decline the Avengers offer.

There's also the running gag in the movie that Spider-Man often has nothing to swing on because he's in the suburbs and Queens.
>>
>>84777065
Cap literally mandhandled him in CW.
>>
>>84776995
>irish catholic with a kike

lol
>>
>>84777182
When will people stop acting that Tobey is a good Spider-Man? He lacks the cockiness that is essential to his character.
>>
>>84777468
Nah, Pete basically makes Flash grow as a human being by virtue of being a hero, regardless of whether he's wearing the suit or not.

He doesn't kick his ass because he can't allow himself to. Instead, he inspires him into no longer being a piece of shit.

That still sort of works with this "Flash," but it just doesn't carry the same weight.
>>
>>84777593
He's an OK Spider-Man, but he's god-tier Peter Parker.
>>
>>84766839
>like they do in the funny picture books
As opposed to funny pictures movies?

Are you one of those retards who needs constant verification that what he enjoys is "adult"?
>>
>>84777468
That's against Peter character tho. He's not a bully.
>>
>>84777065
>Some how, Spiderman forgot how to be Spiderman between Civil War and Homecoming. In CW he was catching moving vehicles and catching punches mid-flight from Bucky's robot arm, easily overpowering him as if he were a child.

And in this movie he manages to keep a massive ferryboat from splitting apart just by trying to hold it together, changes the course of an airplane midair with his pure strenght a couple times and lifts a massive wall of concrete and rubble, also on strenght alone.
In Civil War with he also got easily beaten by Captain America (in this movie, Tony even mentions how if had Steve wanted it, he'd have knocked Peter the fuck out) and only bests Bucky and Sam because of his airborne and web-related advantages.

>Constantly getting hit by things he could easily catch or dodge, overpowered by things he shouldn't be.

For example?

>I'm pretty sure in Homecoming he spent more time running on foot than swinging from tall buildings. I don't seem to remember any tall buildings other than the monument.

Just because we don't get many scenes of him swinging through buildings doesn't mean he somehow doesn't have or hs forgotten said abilities. He obviously can do that. Plus, the sequences where he runs happen in places where there's no tall buildings in sight. That's even played up for laughs when he's in the suburbs and has to catch up with Shocker's truck.
>>
>>84766432
CHILDHOOD IS WANTING TO BE SPIDER-MAN, ADULTHOOD FORCES YOU TO BECOME THE VULTURE!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>84767168
This
>>
>>84777714
>god tier Peter Parker
Tobey is too meek in the movies. Peter in the comics is cocky and courageous. Tobey's Parker is portrayed to be a stereotypical nerd who is a beta, but real Parker is an alpha loser.
>>
>>84777237
>>84777678
>>84777835
That's what I mean. I never liked those two sequences in the previous franchises where he teaches Flash a lesson in front of the entire school. I really don't think it fits his character well, not to mention the fact that it'd raise massive suspicions about him being Spider-Man. The basketball scene in ASM in particular is fucking terrible.
>>
>>84777184
No, it captures the essence of the comics when Peter, through a series of events that are clearly overwhelming and make it very difficult for him to balance his personal and superhero life, realizes what it takes to be a competent hero and how he should learn to trust himself while handling the immense responsibility that comes with having superpowers.

>doing nothing remotely similar to any other spiderman story.
Vulture is one of Spier-Man's earliest supervillains in the comics and the movie includes several references to people and events from his mythology.
>>
File: 1493328999522.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1493328999522.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>84766432
Anyone else starting to get capeshit fatigue? Seriously... I just can't stomach this shit anymore. Maybe I'm just too old for this crap and should stop watching movies already.
>>
>>84778544
just leave /tv/, this is capekino central
>>
>>84778544
I watch approximately one capeshit movie every one or two years and still enjoy them. Can't imagine enjoying them at all if I watched any more frequently than that
>>
File: Holocauster.png (2MB, 1548x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Holocauster.png
2MB, 1548x1284px
>>84774392
If you believe they actually threw old men in wheelchairs from balconies you might as well believe in other classics like the holocoaster, the cage with the bear & eagle team up and the death masturbation devices
>>
>>84778128
Nah, outwardly, Pete's pretty meek. It's only his inner monologue that makes him come off as any different.

That's why Spidey's mask is such an outlet for him. Spidey says the things that Pete only thinks.
>>
>>84775161
good job, you passed
I planted the idea in your mind so you would think you had it by yourself
>>
>>84775193
Not to go console wars, but Batman made a gorillion dollars, so now DC wants everybody to be batman. That's why the city of colour, metropolis, is an empty black and white cg fest. That's why every movie has no jokes and appears to take place at night (pre WW), even the suicide squad meeting scene in broad daylight feels dark.
>>
>>84775760
it does, but I liked it because of that.

the street level hero is a kid who deals with street level shit, instead of singlehandedly stopping alien invasions or something.
>>
>>84778933
Nah nigga you're wrong. Peter always stands up against Flash all the time despite restraining himself physically and quite charismatic around women. He's never a beta, just a guy who got all shit handed to him all the time. His cockiness and quipyness is not only during his time as Spiderman but also as Parker because that's who he is. The only time where Tobey did this was during the emo parker on Spiderman 3.
>>
>>84778544
Yes. I used to love them, but now I just can't sit through another one.
>>
>>84779174
Standing up for yourself and kicking someone's ass are two entirely different things.
>>
>>84776136
>>try not to think too much about how 8 years later and with the world's premier tech wiz on their team, law enforcement still isn't using Ch'tauri tech but the bad guys are putting shit together in their basement. WITH A BUNCH OF SCRAPS!
I mostly agree with you but want to counter this one - that's sort of the side point of the movie.

The government has literal warehouses of this shit and aren't doing anything with it because of bureaucratic /safety regulations / research.

The bad guys have scraps of this tech and are weaponizing it and a lot of it just barely works and is hilariously unstable or dangerous for the operator as well as the opponent but they don't care
>>
>>84776401
>For a supposed teenager he is unbelievably selfish
fixed that for you

>>84776401
>Best part of the film was the villian
sort of the point, they wanted a relatable working class villain and not a take-over-the-world mustache twirler

that's what makes the fight so hard - spidey knows he's a guy with a family, because spidey is connected to that family
>>
>>84779262
Parker is capable of doing both things. Before he got his power, Parker always stands up from Flash's bully but incapable to retaliate because he's legit weak ass chump. After getting his power, Parker still stands up up against getting stomped down but restraining himself to kick the shit out of his bullies because: A. It's not his nature to bully and B. It can compromise his identity and his power.

In sort, comic book Parker got balls with or without power. Tobey as Peter Parker didn't, he only pretty ballsy as Spiderman but not as Peter.
>>
>>84766622
Queens is like 50% non-white, that's where the film's based.
>>
>>84776936
except he's trying to hide his power level

same reason he refuses to play football even though he wants to (civil war throw away line)

yes he can beat up the popular rich kid bully in front of the school. Then what? no one is going to cheer and he won't become the king of the school. he'll get expelled and flash's rich people lawyers will destroy his broke ass in court.

He's just going to do the mature thing and suck it up.
>>
>>84777065
well in civil war he's the wild card - no one knows him or his powers so they don't immediately know how to counter him, plus he sounds like a little kid so no adult in that fight is going to seriously try to hurt him.

plus iron man is in the same room watching his every move and likely has friday/karen doing the same, while in homecoming spiderman is mostly on his own and karen is downgraded to supportive voice in spiderman's head
>>
File: dh-main1.jpg (114KB, 370x552px) Image search: [Google]
dh-main1.jpg
114KB, 370x552px
It's the best Spiderman movie imo, but I'm also the guy who thinks Spider-Man 2 is severly overrated. The idea of Peter losing his powers literally because he doesn't want to be Spider-Man anymore always seemed like such lazy writing to me, even as a kid.

SM1 - 3/5
SM2 - 3/5
SM3 - 1/5
TAS1 - 2/5
TAS2 - 1/5
Homecoming - 4/5
>>
>>84766432
15 minutes in your face starts to cringe and all you can think about is how forced and lame this all is. It's literally a diversified piece of shit, corn, peanuts, and other indigestible fiberous cancer.

if this is the true state of affairs, Yellowstone can't erupt soon enough to end this fucking farce.
>>
>>84777491
it also explains the professional grade suit he wears and shows the shitty homemade one he wears. Most movies skip this point because they want to give the audience the superhero in the iconic costume

That always killed me when toby pulls out a cosplay master class tier suit out of nowhere and is all like "yeah I know how to sew skintight spandex and I know how to do flexible detailing on this fabric, in secret with no sewing machine access, no big deal"
>>
File: Syndrome.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Syndrome.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>84779350
I know where you're coming from. I would have less trouble swallowing it if the time frame were a little shorter. Nearly a decade is a long time to not have what's basically Syndrome's Zero Point energy device in the hands of police departments all over the world as a non-lethal restraint.
>>
It's pretty solid as a movie, and excellent for a superhero movie.
>>
>>84779597
>and flash's rich people lawyers will destroy his broke ass in court.
Hold on a fucking minute, kids can now sue if some other kid kicks their ass? Is this an American thing?
>>
>>84779460
>he only pretty ballsy as Spiderman but not as Peter.
rent_scene.jpg
>>
>>84779846
I agree with you, but I can sort of let it go.

I feel like the fact iron man is a supporter of the sokovian accords and started a company called damage control with the sole intention of taking all this tech away and preventing anyone besides him from having it kinda solves the tech gap.

Bad guys are going to get their hands on it no matter what.

tony doesn't want the government to have it because four years ago it turns out half of them were closet nazis.

tony is too busy doing his own shit to research and develop that tech safely, and when he DOES do a side project, he puts so much ridiculous bullshit in the spiderman suit that it actually hinders spidey's performance in the field
>>
>>84779964
Yes, and yes. Even if you don't sue for damages, you can press charges and try to get the guy in jail/whatever

Even if the victim is a giant douche, it's assault, and super rich parents like to put poor people in their place using money.
>>
File: Gwenpool_Unmasked.jpg (40KB, 248x418px) Image search: [Google]
Gwenpool_Unmasked.jpg
40KB, 248x418px
So when is Gwen going to appear as Peter's love interest?
>>
>>84780053
This. Plus, after Ultron, I don't think Tony wants to mess with alien tech so much.
>>
>>84780115
>Americans
>>
>>84773003
>its republicans fault the water in flint is brown
>its republicans fault Obama's epa completely fucked the animas river
republicans suck but you're retarded
>>
Liked it, was fun. Delivered on what was advertised and I thought they made a lot of good decisions eg: not going through the Uncle Ben death AGAIN but still acknowledging it happened, allowed the story to progress and spend running time on other things. The Capt America PSAs were cute, thought overall the movie had smart ways of showing how the general public view the Avengers. Was effective entertainment for me.
>>
>>84766525
wait... mary jane is a nigger?

worst movie ever
>>
>>84779997
That's just once and not all the time tho. It's also out of his usual habit, he did it because he was frustrated.
>>
File: Supaidaman02.jpg (62KB, 584x388px) Image search: [Google]
Supaidaman02.jpg
62KB, 584x388px
>>84770469
this

the vulture actually felt like a threatening villain and wasn't just all "muh revenge im evil"

i can actually remember his motives and just for that i consider him one of the better MCU villains

i think out of all the movies spider-man is almost fucking useless in this movie, tony stark honestly didn't need him around but it became just more impressive when he gave himself a goal to impress stark and become a avenger by taking on someone far more skilled to what he usually deals with
>>
>>84779964
>Is this an American thing?
It's a Jew York thing
>>
>>84779712
So many fucking bitter people that movies try to have non-white people in them. The movie is set in a place that is very metropolitan and diverse irl. Autistic fucks, save the vitriol for real bullshit pls
>>
>>84780424
Vulture still whooped his ass pretty hard. It's bad luck that plot magic kicked in and his suit had to malfunction right at the end of the battle.
>>
It was fine. Enjoyable enough but nothing special. This is how I feel about most capeshit. They're not nearly as bad as haters think but also not nearly as "epic" as nerds think. They are forgettable but inoffensive entertainment.
>>
>>84780453
When I read this I imagined that you look like a somali nigerian that says "I'm the captain now".

I hope you get butt parasites from undercooked ethiopean flat bread.
>>
>>84780453
If the school was actually that diverse it would be a shithole
Peter supposedly attends a public school that is actually better than most private schools
Unrealistic af
>>
>>84770469
>a certain character is terrible
Can you elaborate?
>>
File: screen_shot_2017-07-08_at_7.jpg (28KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
screen_shot_2017-07-08_at_7.jpg
28KB, 768x433px
The movie was mostly the 2002 movie.

I mean they literally had a scene of him meeting a parent they both in seperate scenes work out who the other is.

There is literally no way it could have been more green gobliny.
>>
>fight winter soldier and black flying guy in civil war with no problems
>gets nearly wrecked against some old guy in a space suit

fucking get your power level right marvel.
>>
>>84780998
The Winter Soldier and Falcon aren't trying to kill or seriously injure anyone. Old guy in space suit is okay with wrecking Spider-Man's shit.
>>
Movie was 8/10. The only things they did wrong were MJ and Ned. MJ is that type of girl who's always got something to say, always trying to pick fights. Can't stand those types of people. I don't know why they're ditching Liz (who was way nicer of a person and also way hotter) for this bitch. Super irritating. Ned was a walking THAT GUY who won't stop accidentally fucking Peter's shit up. That shit he pulled to get Peter into Liz's party was super uncool. Peter should not have just brushed that off. Those two didn't ruin the movie but it did make me not look forward to any moment in which they had speaking roles.

I can see why people would be upset at how much screentime Stark and the rest of the Avengers got in a Spider-Man movie, but it personally didn't bother me because I felt that it helped to integrate Spider-Man into the universe they've been building. God-tier villain, and I really liked how quickly he picked up on Spider-Man's secret identity. Nice to see a villain who isn't totally oblivious to obvious shit, and also who isn't cartoonishly evil. 8/10 overall.
>>
>>84780998
>superheroes who are trying to stop complete stranger without hurting him at all and are using kid gloves on their kid gloves
vs
>angry supervillain legitimately trying to kill a child he knows is a child because fuck this guy
>>
>>84781085
>>84781245

>civil war
>hey guys they never tried killing eachother
>>
>>84767188
>Teens with friends

FUCKING NORMIES, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COMIC BOOK MOVIES!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84781282
When War Machine is falling from the sky, Falcon rushes to save him.
>>
>>84780998
This is the same setting in which flying black guy got BTFO by Ant Man, yes? He's not that tough
>>
File: Atari Wojak (6).png (281KB, 828x973px) Image search: [Google]
Atari Wojak (6).png
281KB, 828x973px
HUGE MOVIE RUINING PLOT HOLE:

Peter, being a totally irresponsible piece of shit, takes his alien energy stone to school and starts hammering it around other children. If it had exploded it would have killed everyone around him. NOT A HERO.

But wait, there's more!

The FUCKING IDIOT actually gives it to his irresponsible fat fuck friend who takes it with him on a field trip to Washington DC.

HERE COMES THE PLOT HOLE!

The stone then explodes in the fat kid's backpack while they're all at the top of the Washington Monument. The Feds would have DEFINITELY investigated this and traced it back to the fat kid. There are cameras all over that monument and it wouldn't be hard to figure out. An explosion at a major American monument would have been treated like a TERRORIST ATTACK. It would have been all over the news and those involved would have been found and arrested.

MOVIE RUINED.
>>
>>84781492
Stark covered for Peter's friends
>>
>>84781445

ant-man is one of the most powerful heros though
>>
Why is Iron Man keeping upgraded prototypes of Captain America's shield in his office if the two of them hate each other now and Cap has officially been branded an enemy of the state?
>>
>>84781520
>Stark covered for Peter's friends

No he didn't. That's not mentioned or even said in the movie.
>>
>>84781492
Vulture even thanks him for saving his daughter when in reality he was the one who put his daughter in danger in the first place.
>>
>>84781592
Well, it's better to keep it in storage at least then throwing it away
>>
>>84781629
He doesn't know that. Plus he did save his daughter's life after all
>>
>>84781492
They stone could only explode if it got in contact with radioactive material. Plus they only learned that when Ned was already on his way to the Washington monument and Peter's was far away, having no time to warn his friend.
>>
>>84781868
The*
>>
File: LOLITA FUCKING SHITS.jpg (67KB, 1422x794px) Image search: [Google]
LOLITA FUCKING SHITS.jpg
67KB, 1422x794px
>>84766563
>mfw
>>
>>84781738
That's not the point. The irony is that Peter is a shitty hero.

>>84781868
Sorry, that's poor deflection. The point is that an explosion at the Washington Monument would have been treated as a terrorist attack, the culprits would have been found and arrested. Irrefutable fact.
>>
>>84781987
>The irony is that Peter is a shitty hero.
He's only what, a year into his career as a hero? Cut him some slack

>The point is that an explosion at the Washington Monument would have been treated as a terrorist attack
And then what? The movie should've ended with the CIA arresting Peter and Ned?
>>
>>84782069
>Cut him some slack

No.

>And then what?
It's shitty, movie breaking writing. Can't make excuses for writing this poor.
>>
>>84782126
>No.
Why not? An important point of this movie is how Peter is still learning the ropes of what it takes to be a good/competent hero. He's a beginner and it shows. You're blatantly ignoring Peter's character arc in this movie.
And you're greatly overrating the whole Washington Monument thing. That't not "movie breaking" at all.
>>
>>84770755
Humanity has infinite potential for malice
>>
>>84781282
>iron man never just red lasers anyone
>vision doesn't pull out antman's heart while phasing through him
>war machine doesn't fire all his shit at antman instead of the trailer
>scarlet witch doesn't straight up murder anyone
>black widow shoots tasers instead of bullets

Yup, totally legit fight where they all wanted to kill each other.

The only one who actually wanted blood was black panther.
>>
>>84782393
Back to the afterlife netero
>>
>>84781592
>iron man throws away half-finished projects he's no longer working on and might go back to someday because only one person in the world is allowed to use an indestructable shield
>>
>>84782380
Nope

>Making excuses for movie breaking bad writing

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!

The would have been found.
The would have been arrested.
End of story.
>>
>>84770755
>>84782393
>>
>>84782504
But that's the thing it was only movie breaking for you.

Also,I love how you didn't address the fact that you were indeed ignoring Peter's status as a beginner.
>>
>>84766432
SM2 > SM > SM:H >>> ASM > SM3 > ASM2
>>
>>84766466
>>84766432

The only red pilled parts of the movie are the white character overcoming his ego and becoming his true self and Tony marrying Pepper.
>>
>>84782504
you greatly, greatly overestimate american police competency

yes, evidence would eventually point to the fat kid
questioning him might, might lead to a breakdown and confession that he somehow knew the glowy purple thing was the bomb and he wasn't just as confused as everyone else about the shockwave

bad guys totally never put shit into random bags for helpless plebs to carry unaware, so the cops would have totally arrested and executed his terrorist ass instead of just blaming the weapons dealer / aliens /stark those things eventually trace back to, who totally would never want a public demonstration of their product's potency

even if the x-ray machines are recording 24/7, no one except spiderman knows what the cause of the explosion was, and the fat kid with a shiny rock in his bag wouldn't be suspect number 1
>>
>>84766432
Watch Baby Driver instead.

Spiderman homecoming is so bland. And Flash being indian is one thing but being a midget is a whole another thing.
>>
>>84782691
>short people never overcompensate by being assholes
I guess you have never heard of a complex named after some french guy
>>
>>84782732
Yet Napoleon wasn't all that short for his time period.
>>
>>84782778
No, but he's the archetype the shit-flinging short bully comes from.

Flash being a short, rich, entitled asshole shouldn't be jarring in the least, you should have expected it
>>
>>84782778
t. manlet
>>
>>84777491
>Spider-Man is basically a total fucking loser in this movie and they don't shy away from it. He fucks up all the time and the biggest disaster in the movie is technically his own fault
this isn't even new to spiderman movies
except for maybe amazing spiderchad but that doesnt count
>>
>>84782732
Yeah, but Flash was like a Chad in the previous iterations, (and I know at some point /pol/ started worshipping Chad), changing Flash into a short, indian dude who is easily deckable kinda changes the dynamic from intimidating arsehole to nerds, to annyoing arsehole.
>>
>>84774368
Who fuck is that?
>>
>>84783169
Bad guy from Far Cry 3 and Nacho from Better Call Saul.
>>
>>84783045
Raimi's spiderman wasn't a loser though. They went the other route and had Peter torture a kid with down syndrome in one of the first scenes in the movie. Not to mention him laughing as the teacher played a clip of 9/11.
>>
>>84783268
It really was a different time, wasn't it?
>>
>>84783268
Where did this meme originate from?
>>
>>84783169
He'll eventually become the villain Scorpion.
>>
Why is Peter so young in this iteration? He's barely out of middle school.
>>
>>84783651
Because they wanted to annoy the audience as much as possible.
>>
>>84783710
t. asshurt nostalgiafag
>>
>>84783651
This what really tuned me off from watching it, it looks like a fucking teen flick
>>
>>84783118
yes, but he's supposed to be a modern bully in a society that makes a huge deal about a kid punching another kid

it's not the 80s where two guys can have a fistfight next to the bike rack after school and move on with their lives. it's millennial teenagers dealing with millennial teenager shit we don't connect with

>we fucking old
>>
>HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY PETER HERE KNOWS SPIDER-MAN AND HE'LL TELL HIM TO SHOW UP IN YOUR HOUSE PARTY TONIGHT AND SAY HI, YES I'M VOLUNTEERING PETER'S ENTIRE REPUTATION ON THIS
why were they still friends after this moment?
>>
>>84783651
movie reason: because he's supposed to be a teenager in high school

real life reason: because they want to use the same actor for all the spider man movies they're going to do in the next ten-fifteen years without him getting old and retiring. same reason they used actual children in the harry potter series. they're grown up by the last one
>>
File: spider_6[1].jpg (30KB, 271x369px) Image search: [Google]
spider_6[1].jpg
30KB, 271x369px
>>84783651
Since the Ultimate Spider-man comic and Spectacular spider-man tv (and all those tv shows after it) show i'm willing to bet that a younger spider-man has proven more popular in polls and they get to do the "coming of age" story. In the Rami movie (the first one) he was in high school, he's just a grade below in this I think.
>>
>>84783801
Yeah, I think this is an important aspect of this new Flash that a lot of people don't seem to realize. They updated the definition of a bully to today's standards
>>
Cap is the only good part of the movie
>>
>they did the Ditko Finest Hour moment
>Spider-man driving like in the comics
>web wings
This shit was fucking awesome

>the twist with Vulture's identity
I knew he'd be behind the door, but figured he was ambushing him or something. The car ride to prom was friggen great.

>people complaining about MUH DIVERSITY
first off, I'm not sure if half of you guys have actually been to NYC, nevermind school there.

Secondly, if you're that triggered by onscreen people of different ethnicities, I dunno what to tell you. Besides it's not like MJ is likable or anything to begin with.
>>
Why didn't Vulture reveal Peter's identity after he was already in jail?
>>
>>84783801
>it's not the 80s where two guys can have a fistfight next to the bike rack after school and move on with their lives.

On what planet was Peter and Flash just two guys having a fist fight? Flash Thompson was a bully to nerdy Peter.

I just find it odd that midget Flash really doesn't have that much of affect on Peter, I mean, this is an origin story right?
>>
>>84783651
the actor is 21, dude. He's older than high school students.
>>
>>84784045
Peter saved his life. Also, he's in prison and no longer selling illegal weapons, so Peter's no longer a threat to him and his family.
>>
>>84784074
>this is an origin story, right?
did you see Uncle Ben die? this is like, 6 or 7 months after the origin story.
>>
>>84783938
>They updated the definition of a bully to today's standards

Maybe in middle class areas. I'm still seeing people getting stabbed where I'm from.
>>
>>84784045
The vulture isn't pure evil.

He paid peter back once (by not shooting him in the face) for saving his daughter's life.

He paid peter back a second time (by not giving his name to a supervillain hit squad) for saving his life.
>>
I want to cum deep inside of zendaya.
>>
>>84784003
>Besides it's not like MJ is likable or anything to begin with.

I liked MJ waaay more than the bland bland Liz.
>>
>>84784155
move aside, #woke needs to become the love interest
>>
>>84784149
not the movie's fault you live in a shithole, dude
>>
>>84784149
>peter goes to a richer school outside of his ghetto ass neighborhood (where the principle owns a crossbow)
>why is this high school so middle class
>>
>>84784185
>liking bitchy tsundere girls
this is the ultimate pleb trap
>>
>>84783938
>>84783801

I think the problem is he's a shitty bully even by those standards. I fully agree with what you're all saying about how cyberbullying and name-calling have replaced physical violence for bullies, but the best this idiot can come up with is call Peter "penis" and slap his ass.
>>
File: brain.jpg (21KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
21KB, 584x389px
Agenda you might not have noticed....but your brain did
>We wuz slaves we built the washington monument
>Fat people are great arent they
>racemixing is good goy
>Old ladies past their prime are still hot and worthy of having children with autism with
>Its okay to be a manchild DUDE LEGO STARWARS LMOA
>Cap is so dumb and old lol fuck rules
>Fuck capitalism and fuck rich people
anything else?
>>
>>84784074
>On what planet was Peter and Flash just two guys having a fist fight? Flash Thompson was a bully to nerdy Peter.

In this movie, Flash is smart enough to never touch Peter physically. Namecalling is something you can deny later if he succeeds in making Peter hit him. There is no fistfight because this is how modern bullying works. That's what I'm trying to say.

As for the bully stuff, the kids know about it and sometimes even join in (the chanting at the party), and maybe a teacher or two sees part of it but just thinks "boys will be boys" or "classic rich kid" and doesn't do anything.

Midget Flash probably had an affect on Peter when they first met, but it's been years of putting up with shit and Peter is used to it by now.

And no, technically this is two movies after the origin story we never see (which exists on peter's computer as youtube clips)
>>
>>84784405
prove that the washington monument wasn't built by slaves
>>
>>84784424
>science teacher publicly humiliates Flash by telling the entire class how much dumber he is than Peter, who he bullies
what a stupid bitch, not instigating shit like this is literally teaching 101
>>
>>84784155
Yeah, man. I've been jerking it to her old shake it up songs and now I feel dirty.
>>
>>84766972
/thread
>>
>>84784405
>Fat people are great arent they
Why have nerds started identifying with Chad?
>>
>>84784321
>expecting bullies to be creative and not just hit the lowest-hanging fruit

He IS a shitty bully, that's why peter just ignores him, even though everyone can tell he's upset by it.

If Flash wanted to put effort into it, he could, but he can tell he's already getting a reaction out of peter, so why bother?
>>
>>84766596
Um yeah that's exactly what he did lmao what are you saying brainlet?
>>
>>84766840
Not fucking highschoolers, in middle school yes.
>>
>>84766840

Since when? I always thought it was a 4chan meme from the early days.
>>
>>84770469
No way this isn't a copypasta
>>
>>84784806
people meme irl all the time nowadays, grandpa, haven't you heard people say t b h and s m h literally, to each other's faces, before? The little kids in my neighborhood used to be real into describing irl dogs as doges, but not they like saying doggos
>>
>>84784514
My point is he's not even hitting the lowest hanging fruit. Just like you say, Peter just ignores him. His shitty attempts at bullying have literally zero impact on Peter.
>>
>>84784451
prove it was
>>
>>84766432
What is this "opens the door" scene everyone is going crazy over? I'm guessing it's part of the ending?

I'll spoil it for myself somehow anyway, so let's just get it over with.
>>
>>84776778
Why is (insert board I don't like here) so terrible?
>>
>>84784984
It seems to discourage Peter from returning to the party.
>>
>>84785142
Pete asks Liz to the prom. Goes to pick her up. Vulture answers the door. He's Liz's dad. Almost zero telegraphing.
>>
>>84784995
A majority of the stones were quarried in Maryland, which used slave labor to mine shit, as well as 92 of the stones being signed personally by plantation owners who had used their funds and labor pools to get the relevant rocks to the build site.
>>
>>84785202
He was busy being a superhero.
>>
Why is Tony Stark so autistic?
>>
>>84780145
That's the problem, though. Where's the time skip? I'd think he'd have Damage Control up and running within weeks of the invasion. That means that tech was sitting there on the back burner for a long-ass time.

Minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.
>>
>>84785804
No matter how hard Tony spergs, the creation of government agencies like Damage Control moves at the speed of Congress.
>>
>>84785911
Speed of Congress takes a back seat to establishing jurisdiction and quarantine on the site of the alien invasion.
>>
>>84786112
You might think that, but this is Congress we're talking about here
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.