[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
So what did /tv/ think of it?
I just finished watching this and it was less brainless than I thought it would be, but at the same time I wished there would be more action like in Dredd.

I also think it was a mistake to base the first movie on the origin story. They should have dived straight into one of the GitS SAC plots where the whole of Section 9 could be showcased operating at their full potential. I think one of the many pitfalls of adapting franchises like these are to hold the viewer's hands a bit too much and don't give them enough credit for getting up to speed with a current situation. Like remember how The Fifth Element just dropped us into the life of Bruce Willis' character without lengthy exposition? I feel like they should have given Major and the rest of Section 9 the same treatment for the first movie, THEN go back and do an origin story.

I'm guessing the chances of a sequel are slim to none.
>>
I enjoyed it, but im a sucker for cyberpunk sci-fi stuff
>>
>>84763535

It was a great fucking movie. Unless you're some manga/anime fan with autism or an asian supremacist, you have no reason not to like the movie.
>>
File: example.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>84763609
It was a bit slow for my taste and that's coming from someone who watched the animes and read the manga. The action wasn't flashy enough in my opinion. If they kept the action/momentum of the first 15 minute (the geisha bot fight) going it would have been much better in my opinion.

The flaws I can think of is that they portrayed Major as too inconsistently weak. Like one little scrape in the beginning and she needs to go in for diagnostic and repair, which jars with her leaping up collapsing bridges and dodging tank fire later on. She should be able to take a sniper shot point blank and take moderate damage at most. She herself should be built like a fucking tank, which I think the movie failed to properly portray (they were constantly going for the vulnerable aspect).

Like that scene in the underground club where she's handcuffed to the pole. It would have been much more effective to show her simply snapping the cuffs, or better yet, punching the pole in half.

And there are a lot of tiny details which I didn't like, for example her movement. I don't think it felt robotic enough, for example when she's exiting the interrogation chamber. And that one scene where she's chasing the garbageman with the invisibility cloak, there's a shot of her standing on top of the building in the reflection of a puddle that the garbageman splashes through, it's a common movie trope. They should either have made her disappear from the reflection after it reformed (the cliche way) or just cut to a different shot, except the movie cuts back to her standing on the building and running awkwardly away. It reminded me of that scene in Scary Movie where the killer calls Sydney then is shown to run off to hide behind a tree.
>>
It's way better than the cartoon. Much more realized visuals and the lack of teenage existentialist why am I here shit made it 100% better. Probably my only gripe is that michael pitt didn't have enough screen time
>>
>>84764025

Why do you come into the internet to post such rubbish? At least make it funny, senpai
>>
>>84763535
I stopped about 3/4ths in, wasn't interesting to me
>>
File: angryasiangirl.jpg (36KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
angryasiangirl.jpg
36KB, 313x313px
>takes place in japan
>literally everyone is japanese including the protagonist
>literally anything about her being white is just a theoretical possibility
>taking an asian out of a cyberpunk setting, which is what they look best in

WEW LAD
>>
>>84764067
fuck off weeb
>>
>>84763535
It was not a disaster, a lot of cool stuff in it, but in the end as far as a movie plot goes it was kind of vapid. It didn't ask much from the audience.

It just kind of grazes on themes and ideas and then the movie ends and it doesn't want you still thinking about any of those things.

I will torrent it and rewatch it, probably.
>>
>>84764159
Retard, it's a multikulti future Japan that's flooded with refugees and immigrants. Half of section 9 clearly looks white. The Major looked afghani in the original movie. Immigrants can take names of their host country to better assimilate.
>>
>>84764025
>It's way better than the cartoon
It didn't even scratch the surface of what made the actual cartoons good. Even the makers of the film would probably disagree with your assessment.

>>84764159
It gets worse. All the outdoor aesthetics were Chinese style (specifically Hong Kong), all the road markers were Chinese in style, as were the public housing apartments and the cemetery but then for some reason everyone was Japanese. Like inside Motoko's flat it suddenly changed to a Japanese aesthetic.

I mean I understand why it turned out the way it did, and for people not familiar with Asian countries they wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but still.
>>
>>84763609
>Unless you're some manga/anime fan with autism or an asian supremacist

So you think every reviewer who gave it a low score fell into one of those categories?
>>
File: ghost in the shell.webm (2MB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell.webm
2MB, 1200x666px
>>
>>84765805
This is one of the most jarring 3d in the movie. For something as iconic they could've really spent more time rendering it.
>>
>>84763535
It was utter shit.

First five minutes was literally.
>where am i
>truly you are now a ghost in a shell

Just drop this shit
>>
>>84763535
SEQUEL!
>>
>>84765805
can you make a Webm of Motoko crying in her Asian mother's arms? And a webm of her kitty cat recognizing her?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.