[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT We talk about The Leftovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: the-leftovers.jpg (128KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers.jpg
128KB, 1600x900px
ITT We talk about The Leftovers
>>
Did Nora lie about crossing to the other side?
>>
>>84754362
There's no way to know, but Damon Lindelof said Kevin believes her, so that's all that matters
>>
Season 1 was kino but it went downhill from there.

Started out great as a piece about characters who've lost their shit trying to make sense of a catastrophe that can't be made sense of, and Kevin as the one rational character trying to not to lose his mind keeping the peace in Mapleton. After that it just turned into bland religious bullshit.
>>
The last two episodes of S3 were so shit.
>>
File: GXhnw6q1bL-8.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
GXhnw6q1bL-8.png
16KB, 300x250px
After Twin peaks ends I'll have no reason to live.
>>
>>84754778
>Damon Lindel
Reading the interviews he gave he strongly suggests at least from his part the she did passed over.

>>84755233
I also feel S1 is the strongest but apparently everyone hates it? Even Lindelof? That's what I gathered from his interviews.

But I disagree with the rest of your comment. He was never rational, he was painted as the strongest but he was the one who lost his shit even more from the very first episode. His daughter like all young people and the coming generations were the "strongest" because they literally didn't give a shit. The religious bullshit was on par with the rest of the story and everything complimented itself.

Personal rating
S1>S2>S3

Objective
S2>S1>S3

All of them godly though. Hit up the Young Pope for more religious kino.
>>
>>84754236
S1 was interesting. I didn't buy the premise, but went with it. (If only 2% disappeared I had trouble thinking it would shake things up that much)
S2 was better, but the end made me doubtful of where the show was going.
S3 was more of what I didn't like and I lost interest.
A lot of the B plots were really pointless and unneeded. They didn't seem like they knew what to do with characters like his kids.
>>
>>84755492
The only things lindelof likes are things hes credited with writing.

its nice his career is over.
>>
File: 1473265983910.gif (497KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1473265983910.gif
497KB, 250x140px
>>84754236
Overall it's another trainwreck by lindelof. Honestly the story starts very well, seeing the society and the repercussions of the depature. Then the second season also starts good and you feel like it's going somewhere, just like lost. Then the third season happens and it just feels rushed as hell, half of the characters aren't even present for the finale. Nothing was actually resolved, you don't know if kevin stopped the flood, or did anything really. Just more shitty afterlife sequences that break the tension of the show. The first one was cool, but after it became trite as hell.

This show suffers major, major problems that only lindelof can pull off.

Dude the depature is god lol, dude it's actually science, lol people are departing again so they investigate these claims lol, dude kevin is jesus lol, dude he's the messiah lol, dude nah he's actually crazy lol, wait no he's sane he just can't die lol.

Like the entire arc is just a 3 season Lost with red herrings and horrible conclusions for the main driving force of the show.

I don't even understand why people praise this.

Seriously its mediocre.
>>
>>84755492
I thought it was wildly acknowledge that the most appreciated season were in this order S3>S2>S1. It may be explain by the finale, but again i really don't understand the hate for it.
>>
>>84756142
season 3 had the most praise because everyone remotely intelligent had dropped it by the end of season 2, leaving nothing but the types who'd mindlessly praise it.

The first season was the closest the series ever came to good, but all the interesting facets were dropped in favor of more lost2.0 bullshit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.