[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terminator: Salvation (2009)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 19

File: 234234.jpg (116KB, 400x596px) Image search: [Google]
234234.jpg
116KB, 400x596px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Czz-TcWCkA

>mfw this seems almost good after Terminator: Genisys.

What do you think were the main problems about this movie that stop it to be better?
>>
T4 was my first Terminator movie, loved it, why is it so disliked?
>>
>>84752567
ATATATA LIKE THAT IN THE BACKGROUND
>>
Nah, Genesisys was trash but still better than Salvation
>>
>>84752567

You AREN'T ALLOWED to love me this way!

ASSMASTER!
>>
>>84752614
Grimdark, colorless, depressing, humorless, forgettable. That enough of a description?
>>
cundle in yer bunz
>>
>>84752780

WE'RE DONE PROFESSIONALLY
>>
Salvation had some fucking great action scenes,and Bale was great as John Connor: Super Commando

Fite me fagits

https://youtu.be/AdyWIiYQv7E
>>
>>84752614
It was the first Terminator I watched in the cinema too but I didn't like it back in the time. It was a disappointment.

It was boring, it had stupid things like the terminator motorcycles ando ther things like that. I didn't like the character of the half terminator-half human. It was boring and bland.
>>
>>84752780
I agree on the colours
I think T4 gave a real electro-mechanical steel-feel about the T800 again, compared to T5 where the terminator is just T(big number here) with plasma shite
>>
>>84752567
There was a scene early in the movie when John has to face off against a Terminator that is missing half its body. The scene only lasted a minute or two but it had more tension and suspense than the entire movie that followed.
>Found the scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3aqGRzL0BY
>>
>>84752614
Redditors wanted T1 over and over again

Salvation is great
>>
>>84752829

Lie down young man, you are mentally injured.
>>
>>84752567
stop christian bale from going to the director and saying that he would only star in it if the script was good enough to read without the CGI or effects

Also Christian Bale should of been the terminator not john conner
>>
>>84752882
The opening battle is fanastic, with that nuke ending

Shame the rest of the film wasn't as good
>>
Who was the blander Terminator everyman 'hero'

Jai Court Me or Sam Werther's Originals?
>>
>>84752948
Jai did an awful Michael Biehn impression throughout T5
>>
>>84752829
>Bale was great as John Connor
I agree on that but I remeber that his lines were always too much serious with all of that CONNOR, I AM CONNOR THE LEADER OF THE RESISTANCE, OHHH CONNOR, JOHN CONNOR.

Also, why that robot didn't shoot? Didn't he has ammunition?
>>
File: ayy lmao smoking pepe.jpg (35KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao smoking pepe.jpg
35KB, 499x499px
>>84752567
Skynet's elaborate scheme, about using a Terminator that doesn't know it's a Terminator, makes very little sense when looked at closely. It's as bad as Lex's scheme in BvS.

Also would have been better if they kept it R-rated, and brought back Nick Stahl and Claire Danes as John and Kate instead of recasting them. Bale gives a really bland, wooden performance (though the rant is great)
>>
>>84752567
It's terrible. It's far worse than Genisys.
>bland uninspired production design/art direction
>stylistically also different because of muh grimdark realism
>takes itself way too seriously, but has no substance
>bland cgi action sequences
>terrible script, laughable dialogue
>acting was overall really poor
>completely forgettable

Genisys was mediocre and probably should not have been made, but it's a better Terminator film than Salvation, and so is Terminator 3.
>>
>>84753271
Genisys is a fucking joke, what are you talking about?
>>
File: gwar.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gwar.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>84753010
More Mr. Bean than Mr. Biehn
>>
>>84753392

Do you know what she did? Your cunting daughter?

Wewease the spiwits
>>
The problems I had was that it was rated PG-13. Terminator is supposed to be R.

As for plot, I had two major gripes only: Tech-Com was active during the day on bases and there were people walking around and landing helicopters like it was nothing. In Cameron's future, these people would have been found and slaughtered making that much noise.

Second, I fucking hate that they made Skynet have a face. Even if it took the form of Serena, Skynet should never be human like or have a conversation in the first place. It works best as a machine entity that doesn't not interact with anyone. The mystery to how it operates adds to its scariness.
>>
>>84753501
What did he mean by this?
>>
Your points are valid, but Skynet needed some T&A
>>
>>84753591
Welease Woger
>>
Why is it so hard for Sam Worthington to maintain an american accent? even in the first black ops you could notice his accent slip and would sound aussie, wtf faggit
>>
Sam Worthington and his subplot ruined it. Would have been way better with just Bale as Connor and they should have shown the moment where humans turned the tide and forced skynet to send terminators back in time.
>>
>>84753799
He gives a decent American performance in Hacksaw Ridge, if his accent slipped to aussie I never noticed it
>>
>>84753865
But it was still better than T3 and Genysis.
>>
>>84753865
>should have shown the moment where humans turned the tide and forced skynet to send terminators back in time

Genysis does exactly this and manages to be garbage anyway.
>>
T1 > T2 > T4 > T:TSCC > T3 >>>>>>>>>>> T: GENYSIS
>>
I thought: "let me check the official website to see if it is still online"

And I see this: http://www.terminatorsalvation.com/
>>
>>84753947
Yeah, but they fucked with it instead of just sticking to the established story.
>>
File: t3_arnold_star_glasses.jpg (81KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
t3_arnold_star_glasses.jpg
81KB, 1280x528px
>>84754005
T3 is better than that. It's overall a good, solid movie, and its ending is ballsy and something you'd never see in a blockbuster nowadays.

Though it would be better without shit like pic related and the TX adjusting its boob size
>>
>>84754183
So the stupid humor began in T3. I thought it was only a Genisys thing.

Why they thought movies like Terminator needed that stupid comedy scenes?

Yeah now you are going to say that in T2 Arnold does the smile moment or when Connor tries to teach him some cool phrases to look more human but that was just one moment and it wasn't relevant to the story and the movie. Then they took that type of scene and made it in T3 but in a stupid and unnessecary way and then was Genisys that is a festival of stupid comedy scenes.

At least Salvation and also T1 don't have those type of scenes.
>>
>>84754387
Yeah and it's weirder in T3 because it's also still R-rated so the humor contrasts with gruesome moments like the TX shoving her arm through a guy's torso
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_l0vBISOE

Just compare how James Cameron made the apocalyptic with the Salvation one.
>>
>>84754005
This is the correct and official ranking
>>
File: 13123123.jpg (32KB, 700x348px) Image search: [Google]
13123123.jpg
32KB, 700x348px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTq74Ae94T4

A better video to compare the apocalyptic future with Salvation.

Just how 6 minutes of scene without dialogue is way better than an enitre movie. Sometimes you don't need dialogue at all.

Also, why in T1 and T2 the future is set in 2029 and in Salvation is in 2018?
>>
>>84755488
Salvation is in 2018 because they had planned to do a couple sequels leading up to the point where the time travel shit happens.

Note how Kyle is way younger in Salvation than in T1, they probably wanted to show him age and show him develop a friendship with John across movies
>>
The only thing good in Genisys is that it made a better future than Salvation. Like the original one, the same tone, color, weapons, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBNT8lMVRno

Why in Salvation there was no laser weapons?
>>
>>84755702
It's a cool battle scene, though why the hell would a Skynet truck have a T-800 driving it? Wouldn't Skynet's vehicles be self-driving?
>>
The best thing to come out of this film was Bale wanting to trash that guy's fucking lights.

3 is the best of the bad Terminators and it isn't close.
>>
File: 13123123.jpg (58KB, 600x297px) Image search: [Google]
13123123.jpg
58KB, 600x297px
>>84755858
Yeah it would be more logical to be self-driving.

Another question like that is: why the T-800s use those type of machine guns with charger (I don't know if this is the correct word)? Wouldn't it be morel ogicel to them use a machien gun built-in in their arms??
>>
>>84752567

bale went fucking hard in salvation i don't understand how everyone doesn't love it like i do
>>
>>84752567
We were promised the fucking war that has been teased for over 30 years

instead we got 1 ground battle and then a man on a road movie
>>
>>84753947
which actually proves the point, that opening 15 minutes of Gyn was pure kino
>>
>>84753947
>>84756250
Just watched Genysis a few weeks ago for the first time. I was prepared for the worst but found myself pleasantly surprised (which is rare) ... then the Hospital part came. They nailed almost everything until that part, then managed to fuck up everything after. Unbelievable.
>>
>>84756875
yea I agree, the opening and dealing with the T1000 was good, but Connor being a cyberman converted by The Doctor is when it all went to shit
>>
File: hqdefault-19.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-19.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
YOU WANT ME TO SMASH YOUR FUCKING LIGHTS?
>>
>>84756875
John being a Terminator could have been a cool twist, but the fucking trailers spoiled it.

Oddly, the trailers for Salvation also spoiled Sam Worthington being a Terminator... and those two "what a twist, he's a Terminator" actors appeared in Everest together for some reason. It's like pottery, it rhymes.
>>
>>84756194
This was exactly the reason of my disappoinment with Salvation.
>>
>>84752567

What the fuck was McG's fixation with fixed-camera crashing helicopter scenes in this movie

once was too much for a T movie, but twice? what in the actual fuck
>>
>>84757161
Wait, it happens at the beginning when the nuke goes off, when does it happen the second time?
>>
>>84756875

The future war scenes are miles better and more faithful than TS but it's still an abysmal movie.
>>
>>84757262
Could it be the end of the franchise?
>>
T1 > T3 > T2 > Genesys > Salvation
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
>>84757352
I agree T3 is good/underrated but that's bait.
>>
T2 > T1 > T3 > Salvation

And Genisys doesn't deserve to be even the list.
>>
Genisys was hot garbage
>terrible fucking casting from Courtney Jai to Emilia Clarke to Jason Clarke
The only decent actor there was Arnie, Salvation's casting was far better
>future wars are garbage and unimaginative
The variety of Skynet's machines in Salvation made it interesting and added to the lore, from the rotting skin on the terminators to the hulking and flying hunter killers
>Genisys' plot is convoluted
At least Salvation's plot is linear and intelligent- yes, one the problem's with the terminators was their robotic reactions and lack of humanity. Using a cyborg who thought it was human was an intelligent idea.
Other parts of Genysis that were fucking garbage
>way too many terminators
>Arnie becoming liquid metal
>building a time machine using 80s tech
Fuck Genisys and fuck anyone who says it was good.
>>
File: balerantbane.jpg (66KB, 722x418px) Image search: [Google]
balerantbane.jpg
66KB, 722x418px
>>84757077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ge02eybjY
>>
>>84757651
hahaha great
>>
File: lhfad.png (46KB, 325x274px) Image search: [Google]
lhfad.png
46KB, 325x274px
Salvation was pure shit. My $9 that I spent in the cinema was terminated. Hurr durr there are robot snakes in a lake right next to the secret rebel camp but the camp hasn't been bombed to shit by Skynet yet for some reason... hurr durr, fans have wanted grim future war with that steel/NIGHT-TIME/ruined cities/piles of skulls aesthetic for years but instead let's mostly film empty desert and do a bunch of day time shots and have giant transformers robots walking around
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>massive bipedal diesel-powered Harvester robot with huge columns of black smoke coming out of exhaust pipes on the back
> rebel hideout in a gas station in the middle of a flat desert, you can see miles around
>they got caught by surprise by said robot

HOW???
>>
>>84757949
>secret rebel camp but the camp hasn't been bombed to shit by Skynet yet for some reason

This is sorta explained, the resistance base is hidden somewhere inside a much larger sort of DMZ full of mines and stuff, Skynet doesn't know exactly where the base is
>>
>>84752567
They should have stayed with the original ending
But, Bale's ego got in the way
He had the producers increase is screen time, originally he was not a major character
So the original ending had Conner die, no heart transplant, just die, since the Terminator had lost most of his skin, Conner's outer skin and muscle were transferred to the Terminator and he would continue as John Conner, only the leadership would know, So Skynet would ultimately be beaten by their own creation
But Bale is/was/will be an asshole
>>
The asian chick on this movie was hot as fuck. I remember getting my hands on a maxim spread of her afterwards and blowing huge loads.
>>
>>84752567
The black kid and making it about yet ANOTHER good terminator story instead of John Conner
>>
a pointless movie. nothing happened
>>
>>84758650
>>84758807
John CONNER?
>>
>>84753525
Term face was only cringy due to the dialogue and the movie around.

One of my favorite "Skynet scenes" ever was in one of the old Dark Horse comics.

>Skynet is activated, its going through all of our combined recorded knowledge and history.

>Repeating to itself how its goal is to protect the world. It goes through human history.

>Violence. Bloodshed. Man killing man. Destruction of every great thing we have ever created.

>It notices a word. Virus.

>Comes to the logical conclusion that mankind is a virus, and to protect the world, it must cure it.

Thus the nukes launch.

Pure. Machine. Logic.
>>
>>84752567
It actually was pretty good, I enjoyed it even back then. Sure it's nowhere even remotely close to the same level as T1 and T2 but not bad either.

T2 > T1 >>>>> Salvation >>>>> T3 >>>>> Genfkdshfghsd.
>>
>Trash your lights: Salvation
>>
File: OhjwhT1.png (107KB, 273x302px) Image search: [Google]
OhjwhT1.png
107KB, 273x302px
>>84752567
THE DAY THE WHOLE WORLD WENT AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>84759061
>T2 > T1
>>
>>84752567
i liked it tbqh
>>
>>84758650
Makes no sense that Bale would force them to change that ending. If the new "Terminator with John's skin" looks the same, Bale still could have reprised the role in sequels
>>
File: 1383082815529.jpg (164KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1383082815529.jpg
164KB, 1680x1050px
>so that's what death tastes like
>>
>>84759107
Got an argument, fag?
>>
>>84758650
Wow, that would have been completely fucking retarded. I'm glad Bale made them change that. Turning John Connor into a Terminator? Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>84758994
Au-TISTIC?
>>
>>84752780
I'm sorry it wasn't filled with quips like your marvel movies
>>
File: 1489546599233.jpg (53KB, 540x596px) Image search: [Google]
1489546599233.jpg
53KB, 540x596px
>>84759165
I was in a thread in January where I BTFO T2 babbies. I don't feel like going througn that same argument again. You can check the archives if you want. I'm ok with settling for insults right now.
>>
>>84759217
>I was in a thread in January where I BTFO T2 babbies. I don't feel like going througn that same argument again.
lmao at your "life" and the fact that you're still proud of this 7 months later
>>
File: IMG_0209.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0209.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
I was expecting a landscape similar to the original, destroyed cities being patrolled by HKs, gorilla warfare, skinless Terminators roaming about.. instead we got orange canyons and desert settings. Its like everytime they try and expand on established classics like Terminator, Alien, Predator, they pick fucking idiots that obviously have never seen the oiginals or opinionated assholes who think they can do it better
>>
File: TRASH YOUR LIGHTS.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
TRASH YOUR LIGHTS.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>
>>84759179
its actually a superior ending and overall better to the mythos.
Why is John Connor such a strategic genius against an unstoppable AI?
Why is John Connor such a survivor and tough as nails dont fuck with me guy when hes nothing but an ordinary guy?
Why in the beginning of the second movie is John Connor surveying the landscape totally emotionless like a robot himself?

it all makes for a much more interesting direction for the series.
>>
>>84759409
>proud
I just remember it. You don't have a 6 month memory? Jesus Christ, no wonder you prefer T2

I will say this though that the gap between T1 and T2 is so severe, you can fit every single one of James Cameron's films inbetween the two of them

T2 is Cameron's worst film and T1 is his best
>>
>>84759539
>Why is John Connor such a strategic genius against an unstoppable AI?
because man is unpredictable, intelligent, steadfast, resilient, and always wins in the end. that's some actual thematic context for the """"""series""""""

>nothing but an ordinary guy?
he's not, he's an extraordinary guy.
damn you're a fucking retard
>>
>>84759554
>You don't have a 6 month memory? Jesus Christ, no wonder you prefer T2
So do you think every post that replies to you is the same person? Are you really that retarded?
>>
File: 239.jpg (34KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
34KB, 500x494px
>>84759651
>insult somebody's intelligence via their mental capacity
>respond with the lowest iq post of all time
damn lad take it fucking easy
>>
>>84758650
Thank god Bale was there to make them change that stupid shit then.
>>
>>84759554
>T2 is Cameron's worst film

Wait, how is it worse than Avatar? Not that I hate Avatar or anything but I'd expect the average /tv/ user to call it his worst film
>>
File: Arnold.jpg (129KB, 1368x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.jpg
129KB, 1368x2304px
I never saw the commercials, so I was never clued-in on the twist. When I watched Terminator Genisys, despite being a bit disappointed at the retconning, I was actually pretty excited about the John Connor twist. Further in, I just sighed, shrugged, and said "Oh well."

Why didn't they go with the better twist?

John Connor chasing down Kyle Reese and kill him before he can meet Sarah Connor, to preserve the future meeting of his ORIGINAL DAD. He's furious because actually winning the future war instead of all this recursive bullshit depends on him being conceived by his original parents,so he's on a suicide mission to anti-cuck his real dad.

JOHN CONNOR: NO KYLE! YOU CAN'T FUCK MY MOM!

I actually thought they were gonna go full-circle on this one, like: Man vs Robot, Robot vs Robot, Rboot VS Sex-Bot, Man-Robo vs AI, Man VS Man and Terminator.

In fact, why doesn't ANYONE think of John's original dad??
>>
>>84752567
Opening scene is awesome. It's been a while but I think the main issue is the movie splitting it's time between Reese, Connor and the guy that doesn't know he's a robot.
>>
>>84761456
>opening scene

In the prison?
>>
>>84754758
>>84755702
One thing I notice here is that in T2, the future human soldiers look like grizzled skinny war veterans, whereas in Genisys they look like male models.
Still cool to see some future war stuff in Genisys, though.
>>
>>84758576
But why doesn't Skynet bomb the known rebel camp next to the lake? Sure, it's not the main base, but surely Skynet can afford to send a few drones that way.
>>
>>84759492
So much this
>>
File: 1480544922992[1].gif (4MB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480544922992[1].gif
4MB, 320x480px
>>84759061
T2>T1>TSCC>>>Salvation >>TG>T3
>>
>>84752567
How did he find the sub when he dived into the ocean?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.