[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the smoke has cleared, can we just admit that it sucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Simpsons_final_poster.png (99KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_final_poster.png
99KB, 220x325px
Now that the smoke has cleared, can we just admit that it sucked?
>>
>Tfw you want to read Under the Dome but its too much like the Simpsons movie
>>
Thank god they didn't make a second one.
>>
I remember it being okay
>>
it was good faggots
>>
I don't think it sucked per se, but I remember seeing this with my dad and I could tell he mostly didn't like it, saying it felt like a long episode and not a movie. The only way it didn't feel like an episode is not having all of the supporting characters to play off of after the Simpsons go to Alaska (seriously why do so many tv show movies abandon their supporting cast and focus just on like the main 3-5?)

So yeah the whole Alaska arc seemed like padding, I didn't really understand why they thought the whole shwarzenegger president thing was a funny idea. Also the fuck spiderpig that got old before I even saw the movie, it was in every trailer.

So yeah mostly wasted potential. Prob like a 5.5/10 for me but I haven't seen it since it came out and it was pretty forgettable
>>
Spider pig was fucking cancer.
>>
>>84735150
There are some quality jokes but it's filled with shitty nu-Simpsons aspects: pointless and unfunny celebrity cameo by Green Day, boring Lisa subplot, boring trip to Alaska when The fucking Simpsons Movie should stay in fucking Springfield with the supporting cast, and some truly awkward pacing at some points.
>>
Why did they make Rainier Wolfcastle turn into Arnold?

We all knew it was McBane
>>
File: murrayChannelsHisInnerPirate.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
murrayChannelsHisInnerPirate.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>84736690
Test audiences didn't know who Rainier Wolfcastle was. (Same reason they cut Hank Scorpio from the movie but still used his voice actor)

See the usual approach for a Simpsons episode is basically the writers sitting in a vacuum, and after the odd nine months or whatever an episode usually took to make back in the day, it would air and nobody would have seen it but the writers before that point. The Simpsons movie was different in that regard that it was heavily focus tested for literally years - The amount of work that went into the film and then got cut is absolutely staggering - Production and writing started back in early 90's IIRC, and just about every Simpsons writer from the golden age had their hand in it at some point. As time went on, the script would get rewritten, jokes were cut or changed based on if the test audiences understood them or not (i.e Rainier Wolfcastle is Arnold).

In the directors commentary we find out that appearantly the one joke that made it through the writing process was the bit where Homer tries to eat an electrocuted fish and keeps getting shocked when he bites it.

tl;dr Focus testing sucked the life out of it. 6/10 for being inoffensivly mediocre in an era where Simpsons had long since gone to shit
>>
>>84735150
Saw this in the theaters when I was 10 and thought it was fucking funny go to hell OP.
>>
>>84735150
Fuck you i liked it.Good Simpsons content was very welcomed when the show hit season 20 which was unfunny
>>
>have Rainier Wolfcastle and Hank Scorpio already
>introduce two new characters who are exactly the same
>>
File: 1485549285895.png (87KB, 239x248px) Image search: [Google]
1485549285895.png
87KB, 239x248px
>>84737519
I always thought this was absolutely baffling. By that logic they used they wouldn't know any of the regular characters, not just Wolfcastle and Scorpio. Besides, what does changing those 2 to the new characters even adds to the story? just makes it confusing as fuck for the old fans.

I liked it when it came out but now i look back and see all the flaws in the movie. Being slightly more tolerable than the garbage they've been putting out since S12 or so doesn't make it good in my eyes.
>>
>>84738549
>Besides, what does changing those 2 to the new characters even adds to the story?
Cause with Arnold they could play that ebin line in all the trailers for a quick laugh.

>I was elected to lead, not to read.
>>
So much filler and padding.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.