[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drive aside, will the 2010s go down as the worst decade in film ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

Drive aside, will the 2010s go down as the worst decade in film ever?
>>
>>84728831
You are not seriously interested in film and have not seen very many films
>>
There were tons of great movies.

Warrior
The Drop
Winter's Bone
Out of the Furnace
Blue Ruin
Prisoners
The Revenant
The Place Beyond the Pines
Hell or High Water
Ex Machina

And that's just off the top of my head
>>
>>84729180
BAAAWWW it's another reddit babby with recency bias
>>
>>84728831
While the 2010s have some gems, yeah probably. Cant think of a worse decade.
>>
>>84729757
>Drive aside
You're the reddit one.
>>
>>84729806
Drive is anti-reddit
>>
>>84728831
Film took a nose dive in the late '90s an has never recovered. So the real question you should be asking is will film ever return to the greatness of the 19060s through the mid 1990s?
>>
>>84729606
There were three times as many good movies in one year in the '80s as the entire 20 year period of 1997-2017. KEK
>>
>>84729606
>Warrior
Fake as shit, cliched MMA fuckfest. Not a good movie. Not a good MMA movie.
>Winter's Bone
Overhyped mediocre movie, only talked about because muh indie cinema and muh breakout star Jennifer Lawrence
>Blue Ruin
Much better than Winter's Bone but still overhyped for being an indie production. Also, muh hillbilly 'Murica is so degenerate.
>The Revenant
Bear. Screaming. Dicaprio. Muh Indians are better than the White man
>The Place Beyond the Pines
Wew, Ryan Gosling is edgy
>Hell or High Water
Bang Bang I'm a cowboy.
>Ex Machina
Pretentious wannabe arthouse indie movie trying to hide the fact that the plot is shallow and empty. People only watched this movie for scenes of nude cyborg women.
>>
>>84729606
refuse to believe this isn't bait
>>
>>84729606
the only decent film on this list is the drop

everything else is putrid garbage
>>
>>84730278
You are a negative nancy. Please tell me what you like.
>>
>>84730278
>People only watched this movie for scenes of nude cyborg women.
Kyoku is 10/10 waifu material desu.
>>
>>84730314
I don't actually hate all those movies, though some of them definitely don't deserve to be on a list of "best of the decade".

Here are a few more decent ones:

Wolf of Wallstreet
Whiplash
The Social Network
Zero Dark Thirty (perhaps best operatorkino ever, although 13 hours was surprisingly OK)
Midnight in Paris
The Witch
The Great Beauty (I can't remember if this movie was being pretentious or making fun of pretentiousness)

I would have added Jagten (The Hunt) but I came to see that movie as emotionally manipulative and filled with multicultural cliches.

Also, The Fighter is a better movie than Warrior, though I actually prefer watching MMA than boxing.
>>
>>84730580
>Wolf of Wallstreet
Stopped reading right there lmao
>>
>>84730580
more bait
>>
>>84730580
kek shit tier list
>Wolf of Wallstreet
>muh cocaine prostitutes
>Whiplash
>muh homoerotic BDSM dynamic
>The Social Network
>muh Sorkin dialogue over needlessly intense music
>Zero Dark Thirty
>muh USA is the greatest country in the world
>Midnight in Paris
>muh sentimentality rox, I totally did not just rip off The Sun Also Rises
>The Witch
I don't watch horror, can't comment on this.
>The Great Beauty
Haven't seen this either tbqh
>>
>>84730721
I haven't seen the Social Network in a long time. Maybe it hasn't aged well. ;_;
>>
>>84730747
Well at least it has pretty good albeit unfitting music
>>
File: 1489052150061.jpg (2MB, 1995x4839px) Image search: [Google]
1489052150061.jpg
2MB, 1995x4839px
>>84728831
>Drive aside, will the 2010s go down as the worst decade in film ever?

No, because aside from Drive, the 2010s also had patrician cinema such as Boyhood, Django Unchained, Chronicle, Her, Birdman, Frozen, Dark Knight Rises, Jack and Jill, Interstellar, The Hobbit Trilogy, Jobs, That's My Boy, Mad Max: Fury Road, Fant4stic, and Rush.
>>
>>84730747
how can a film that's about 6 years old "age well" or "age poorly" lmao
>>
>>84730995
hello my IMDBcore friend

let me direct you to /r/movies
>>
>Bone Tomahawk
>Nightcrawler
>Gone Girl
>Mad Max
>>
The Turin Horse and Knight of Cups make up for the entire decade
>>
>>84731026
Recruiting for your subreddit I see
>>
>>84730721
You should watch the witch. It's worth it.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
8KB, 244x206px
>>84731015
Lmao why do you think people split up decades like "early 00s and late 00s" a 6 year difference can reflect on what was good by standards in the earlier years
>>
>>84731187
and have standards changed in such a short space of time? why the fuck would they have? man there must have been a real revolution in film making in the last 6 years, how the FUCK can a film from then even stand up to the high quality we have just a few years later?

you just reek of greasy faced underageb&, only a mongy teenager can think such a short space of time is meaningful. get the fuck out
>>
How much of a retarded faggot do you have to be to call the social network shit?
>>
>>84729606
Of that list I only really liked Prisoners, but it was the kind of movie that would've just been a footnote in other decades. I think that's the problem.
>>
>>84729606
All shit, you're just proving his point.
>>
File: blurry photo of paul blart.png (66KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
blurry photo of paul blart.png
66KB, 200x267px
Paul Blart: Secret Agent was good.
>>
>>84730580
literally even worst than his list

please consider ending your pathetic existence
>>
Film as a medium is getting worse over time.
>>
>>84730995
you didn't name a single good movie
>>
>aside from drive

Refn get out, your movies are shit.
>>
File: 1499496526468.jpg (23KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
1499496526468.jpg
23KB, 476x476px
I swear Drivefags are the worst
>>
>>84730306
r8 them
>>
File: 297.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
297.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
ITT
>>
>>84731338
I doubt you've seen any of those
>>
You're all faggots.
>>
>>84728831
>Drive aside
>>>/imdb/

fucking normies GET OUT
>>
File: Zuccing.jpg (117KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
Zuccing.jpg
117KB, 1180x842px
>>84731246
Don't be a dummy.
6 years is meaningful because our world is changing at a rapid pace and popular culture (like Hollywood movies) is based on novelty rather than the refining old truths or standards. The music in that movie could be outdated within 6 years and thus exposed as shallow or tasteless. Acting itself, its intensity, its quirks is prey to trends: some acting from 10-20 years ago has aged badly and now feels inauthentic. The same can apply to acting that is only 5-6 years old.
What about the subject matter of the movie? 6 years after Facebook was founded, a movie recounting its creation. Well, Facebook is now more than twice as old as it was back then, and the landscape has changed dramatically, for the Internet, for Facebook.
The movie was thoroughly modern and optimistic, but can its design really be taken seriously today? Do we really feel so enthused by the Zucc and his monstrous company? Do we really think it is going to or has changed our lives in some fantastic and unprecedented way? I mean, everyone knows that the use of social networks is directly linked to feelings of loneliness and other negative emotions. What is Facebook if not just a monster of capitalism that rather than enriching our lives has just contributed to the rot of society? Did people have this same cynical outlook on Facebook back when the movie came out?
All these things and more determine whether the movie has aged or not.
>>
>>84730278
Kek Hell or highwater wasnt even about cowboys
You dumbass
>>
>>84728831
of course, everything is in decline but the small victories will keep everyone complacent and pretend that we're not nearing the end of times.
>>
>>84728831
Drive was pretentious bullshit for numales to gary stu.
>>
Interstellar
Hateful 8
Mad Max

Yeah not much else but 2 1/2 years to go still
>>
>thinking Drive was good

And that's part of why the 2010's will be remembered as a bad decade for film.
>>
>>84729606
2010s have been great but your list is shit
>starting with Warrior
kek
>>
>>84728831

doubt it, 2017 seems to take the cake.

next upcomings....

jumanji - yup, again.
pitch perfect 3 - yup, more of the same shit.
Flatliners - yup, we really needed someone to remake it.
Hitman - yup
Kingsman 2 - yup
star wars, the last jedi - please die already
Thor, ragnarok - here we go again
Anabelle creation - like if we didn't had enough with one crappy movie about horror dolls
IT - kill me already
Justice league - more capecrap shit
the entire year has been about remakes, second or third parts and other garbage taken from comic books or cartoons.
>>
>>84728831
Yes, just look at what is "great": >>84729606
>>
>>84736432
2017 is in the 2010's lad
>>
What I hate about the 2010's in TV and film is how SJW has creeped into it. I'm a Dominican-American whose overwhelmingly liberal on major issues, but everything has to be political or cater to certain demographics now when I watch something. Can't I just get a laid-back approach to movies and TV anymore? It's where every fucking movie with a non-white cisgender straight person is lauded as amazing even though a lot of this crap isn't even that good to begin with.
>>
File: mad-max-fury-road-12.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-fury-road-12.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>84728831
the 2010's weren't a complete waste
>>
>>84737176
I just didn't think Fury Road was all that great. It had its moments, but it didn't really feel like a Mad Max film.

I was born in 1994, but I find that a lot of movies from the 70's and 80's had more creativity and vision than what we have today.

TV, on the other hand, has improved. I fucking love Breaking Bad and True Detective. TV has spoiled me because movies are too short for me. With shows, there's time to develop and flesh-out storylines and characterization.
>>
>>84728831
>Dark Knight Rises
>The Avengers
>The Avengers Age of Ultron
>Captain America the First Avenger
>Captain America Civil War
>Captain America The Winter Soldier
>Spiderman Homecoming
>Wonder Woman
>Suicide Squad
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>X-Men Days of Future Past
>Logan
>Deadpool

Nah the 2010s are gonna go down as the new 70s because it's nothing but kino.
>>
>>84729606
>Blue Ruin
>>
>>84737647
fucking Marvel
>>
>>84728831
drive alone will keep it from being teh worst
>>
>>84733346

That list is correct. It's not your fault you don't think they're good movies, you're just still a pleb at this stage.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.