[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions Thread - Fuck you I liked it edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Haven't seen one of these in a while

Post stuff you like despite what everyone says
>>
I like Sherlock to a degree that is not normal for a heterosexual cis male
>>
>>84723353
inb4 pasta about smart characters written like idiots

If you watch the show you realize that the assumptions he makes are valid under the given circumstances, and the twists are just as surprising to the audience as they are to Sherlock. It's a fucking phenomenal show and people who think it's stupid don't realize the complexity of the writing

Season 2 finale remains one of my GOAT episodes of television
>>
Here's the thing: You're a brainlet and you're not interested in actual mystery
>>
>>84723424
It isn't a mystery, it's a suspense-thriller. I watch it for how fascinating it gets using so little material, especially in seasons 2 and 4
>>
>>84723495
Absolutely nothing about sherlock is suspenseful nor thrilling. You would have to have actual stakes and writing that conveys threats well to achieve suspense or to incite a thrill. You're just being silly. It's a melodrama about a quirky asshole.
>>
>>84723579
It's the best modern adaptation we can get of a character written for 1880s London. He's a genius drug addict who solves impossible cases and the show expands on all the key characters while making each of them matter. The core cast is very small and as a result there are no pointless subplots like most shows. Admittedly, every 2nd episode of each season falls on its face but the opening and finale of each season is always fantastic in terms of moving the plot and establishing new story arcs.

It manages to respect the source material in a drastically different setting. For what everything it's trying to do, it's excellent.
>>
>>84723661
>Admittedly, every 2nd episode of each season falls on its face but the opening and finale of each season is always fantastic in terms of moving the plot and establishing new story arcs.

For the first two seasons yeah. The last two seasons did a reverse, in which the middle episode is the only (sort of) good episode and the rest are garbage.
>>
>>84723420
Season 2's finale is everything that went wrong with the show after the first few episodes. Melodramatic and contrived bullshit. I know, I know, complaining about contrivances in a show like this is silly, but it's fucking Sherlock Holmes. It really shouldn't be about poorly written melodrama and failed attempts at suspense.
It started out well enough and season 1 is great, but somewhere during season 2 all the praise for the wrong things from retarded tumblrites clearly gave the writers some delusions of grandeur.

Also incorporating Sherlock's faking of his own death is a huge artistic liberty considering the only reason Conan Doyle killed him off-screen (off-page I guess) is because he didn't fucking want to write any more Sherlock Holmes stories, so calling it 'true to the source material' is dumb.
>>
>>84723661
>no pointless subplots
I wonder how they managed to not have any filler when all they do is three episodes a year
It's truly a marvel
>>
>>84723695
S3 was weak with and S4E1 was weird with the whole round-the-world travel bit. S4E2 was amazing though. The finale probably had too many mind games going on at once but was entertaining.

I'm saying I liked the show overall. It's a lot of quality content for 12 episodes and a Christmas special

>>84723801
By "true to the source material" I meant the other 90% of the storytelling and characters that was faithful to the original works in terms of how they are portrayed, their motives, personalities etc.

Yeah they took some creative liberties with a popular TV show based on public domain content. What a surprise.
>>
>>84723839
3 episodes every 2 years actually

Show's supposedly over, at least with Cumberbatch as Sherlock it is
>>
>>84723839
making 90 minute episodes with no filler is no easy task, to be fair

some episodes are home runs, some are trash like the chinese mafia thing in the middle of season 1
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.