[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: aubrey-plaza-legion.jpg (53KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
aubrey-plaza-legion.jpg
53KB, 618x412px
>capeshit is bad

A P O L O G I Z E

Also, Aubrey Plaza general.
>>
File: C7Hq30NWwAAGFcq.jpg (57KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
C7Hq30NWwAAGFcq.jpg
57KB, 1200x674px
Really, /tv/ didn't watch Legion?
>>
File: pleb.jpg (37KB, 670x240px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
37KB, 670x240px
Legion sucked, it's babby's first surrealism.
>>
>>84723475
Why is it bad?

It easily had the best villain we've seen in years.
>>
>>84722432
Legion is legit capekino. I hate the Marvel movies, but this was a fantastic show.
>>
>>84722713
There were plenty of threads with discussion while it was airing. That being said Legion was pretty damn good I loved the cinematography and it had great music choices.
>>
>>84724084
Oh, I took a couple months of from /tv/ after the election.

Alright, this thread can be deleted.
>>
>>84722432
fantastic portrayal of mental illness
>>
>>84724475
Yes. Keep telling people with mental illness that their doctors are just trying to trick them, they shouldn't take their medicine and that they have super powers.
What could go wrong?
>>
>>84724475
>>84724506

Legion is an X-Men character, son of Xavier.

It's called Legion because he has personalities all trying to take control, but they all have different powers. He's technically the most powerful mutant ever, but he can't control his powers.

He isn't mentally ill. It's a comic book setting, so you need to account for that when watching.
>>
I genuinely love this show
>>
>>84724587
Yeah I know all of that. But just imagine a mentally ill person watching this.
>>
>>84724651

I am mentally ill you faggot. I have depression / paranoia.

Being mentally ill doesn't make you a fucking moron.
>>
>>84724691
So do you still take your drugs and do you still trust your doctors?

>Being mentally ill doesn't make you a fucking moron.
It doesn't stop you from being a moron either though.
>>
>>84724691
what if you just think you're not a moron because you're mentally ill?
>>
>>84724691
>I am mentally ill
>depression / paranoia

Fuck off you don't have a real mental illness you're just stupid as hell
>>
>>84724754

To sound cliché as all fuck here, I've been tested in just about every way a mind can be tested short of cracking my skull open. I've had mental issues since I was about 11 or 12 and have seen professionals since. I've had varying medications and a few different shrinks. I'm aware of how stupid I am, and I'm not stupid enough to let a fucking comic book TV show affect me, my medications or my regiment of shrinks and hospitals.

>>84724784

False. Mental health issues happen more in developed nations than developing nations, same as auto-immune diseases and breathing problems. There's loads of data to back that up. It isn't just doctors saying that, it is observable from an objective stand point.

A great experiment for they layman like us here is the NIMH experiment, it shows when a society has excess (as the west does) it struggles to keep moving forward as everything gets all fucked up in the minds of people (or in the case of the experiment, mice).
>>
>>84724889
>I get sad and hate myself so now I tell everyone I have mental illnesses

Fuck off snowflake
>>
>>84724475
Orange is the New Black and Homeland actually do that better. But this does man against self beautifully. The extra twist of him actually carrying around a legit evil entity was just icing on the cake.
>>
>>84724972
mental illnesses are real, it's just that 99% of people who claim it are snowflakes as you say
>>
File: 1490904039755.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1490904039755.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>people actually being WB or Mouse fanboys when Fox exists
>>
>>84724972

But I don't get sad. That isn't what depression is. Stop believing what Movies and TV Shows tell you.

It's more of a hollow empty feeling, a kind of numb pain. It doesn't really hurt, you just feel hollow as fuck. Some days it's easier to go about life, and others it's so harrowing you can barely get out of bed.

I don't know where this idea that depression is self loathing and sadness came from, the only place you see or hear it portrayed like that is in movies and on TV.

Is it true that some people with depression hurt themselves? Yes. It isn't self loathing though, it's trying to feel because you feel nothing most of the time.

You're painfully uneducated on this, yet claim the right to an opinion. You assume I don't have a job, or a family or hobbies. I have all of these and they help alleviate my symptoms, but some days are just genuinely difficult to be motivated, and not in a lazy 'I can't be bothered today' kind of way.

>>84725022

See, this is an exaggeration. Some people get labelled with it, and it's not the problem they have. Others are however correctly diagnosed.

I don't want special treatment for my issues, I want to go about my day and do what I need to do with the minimum amount of bother. I have never attempted suicide or self harmed. I've given it much thought but realise it isn't going to help, and I won't commit suicide because I'm aware my life isn't actually bad, I've got it pretty good if I'm honest, but that knowledge doesn't stop it.
>>
File: 1492027228581.jpg (52KB, 858x402px) Image search: [Google]
1492027228581.jpg
52KB, 858x402px
>>84724691
I think he meant real mental illness, not "I can't deal with being happy and crowds make me nervous...where is my check?"
>>
>>84725201
I didn't ask for your life story
>>
>>84725189
F A N T A S T I C
O
U
R
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.