[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say this is boring? One of the most suspenseful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: It follows.jpg (42KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
It follows.jpg
42KB, 750x750px
Why do people say this is boring? One of the most suspenseful and well made horrors of thsi decade
>>
I had two very different experiences with this film.

The first time I watched it was alone in the dark with headphones on and there were several times where I actually had to pause the movie and take my headphones off because I thought I was hearing noises inside my house. My heart rate was elevated and I considered at one point whether or not I would be able to finish. Legit terrifying.

The second time was with a group of friends, and it was honestly one of the worst viewing experiences of my life. No one was paying much attention and the pacing made it seem like it was dragging on and on. The sexual transmission aspect made it awkward because we were watching with girls, and I could just tell that everyone was wondering why we were watching it at all and hoping it would be over soon, and it was like they all breathed a collective sigh of relief when it ended.

It was their idea to watch, so no one blamed me or anything, but I went away realizing that the setting in which this film is viewed is essential to whether or not it works.
>>
Good movie, too bad it breaks down on the climax. The whole pool scene doesn't work too well.
>>
>>84719538
That's a great point. My friends liked it but we all watched it separately and individually (I also watched it in the dark). It's definitely not a fun group horror film. If you do watch it in a group everyone has to know going in that it's a "serious" horror film, not a fun one.
>>
>>84719538
i agree. Second time I'm watching and I'm by myself and it's honestly terrifying. I keep looking behind my shoulder.
I liked it the first time watching with a group of friends, but I was the only one that enjoyed it and everyone ended up fucking off before it was over.
I just love classic horror and this pays a great homage with the score and shots
>>
>>84719574
It would have been better if the non-affected couldn't be knocked down or "feel" the entity. Make it seem more like it was in the person's head
>>
did she kill those dudes in the boat?
>>
>>84719625
Yes exactly. I think coming off the coattails of movies like Cabin in the Woods people anticipate that highly rated new-wave horror movies will include crowd pleasing elements, and this film just didn't really have much of that. It was somber in tone, and at points almost jarringly bleak as the characters got more desperate. Over the course of the movie the main protagonist looks more and more used-up and it's not "fun" to watch this transformation with a group of people who are expecting a good time.
>>
>>84719538
Wow too true
>>
>>84719818
You mean did those dudes on the boat kill her pussy?
>>
>>84719538
>The sexual transmission aspect made it awkward because we were watching with girls
This right here is why you're still a virgin dude
>>
Shitty idea and a horrible plot. Can't believe this movie gets so much praise on /tv/. Sinister is the best horror of the decade, bar nun.
>>
>>84718763

>Metaphor for herpes is there villain
>Horror kino
Yeah, no
>>
>>84720173
>herpes kills you
>>
>>84720258

Nigga, it follows, and it can if not treated
>>
File: haughty derision.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
haughty derision.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>84720121
>>
>>84720173
i wondered why the movies tag line was, "if you swallow it'll follow"
>>
>>84718763
Didn't think it was boring, I was actually really invested during the first half, but ultimately it was disappointing. The movie eventually loses direction and ends up not going anywhere. The last act was a big let down.
>>
>>84719538
>watching the movie alone was scarier than watching it with chattering friends

Gee, no fucking wonder.

>"The sexual transmission aspect made it awkward because we were watching with girls"

Beta.
>>
File: 1499187679514.jpg (74KB, 630x891px) Image search: [Google]
1499187679514.jpg
74KB, 630x891px
>>84718763
Anybody who says it's boring is adduuurrr
>>
File: 1499298702161s.jpg (4KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1499298702161s.jpg
4KB, 212x218px
>>84719574
It works fine. You're stupid.
>>
>>84718763
Because all horror movies are boring.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.