/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s opinion on Ferngully?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: Crysta_9.jpg (480KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Crysta_9.jpg
480KB, 1920x1040px
What is /tv/'s opinion on Ferngully?
>>
The James Cameron remake was better than the original.
>>
>boner inducing fairyfu
>Tim Currys best singing
>nightmare fuel hexis skeleton
>based robin williams batty koda

GOAT childhood film.
>>
>>84699989
shit taste confirmed
>>
File: 1499283859970.png (69KB, 328x407px) Image search: [Google]
1499283859970.png
69KB, 328x407px
>>84699989
>>
>>84699941
I saw it for the first time recently

Its really really not good, if anyone likes it its just nostalgia. Nothing about their dumb ass magic is explained or makes sense how they have never seen humans. The pacing is bizzare, random events happen and are not important to the plot and never are mentioned again, the characters are all dull and forgettable. Even Batty is pretty boring but at least Robin Williams put some effort in. and even for the time the animation is really bad and lazy.
>>
File: ferngully.gif (1MB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
ferngully.gif
1MB, 500x238px
>>84700144
I mostly agree with everything you said but the animation part. It's fucking beautiful, you're just used to Disney animation which is literally GOAT-tier animation quality. Plus the characters themselves are really expressive which I really liked.
>>
File: 1469630809426.jpg (15KB, 201x275px) Image search: [Google]
1469630809426.jpg
15KB, 201x275px
The show itself is alright but I had a bad experience while watching it as a kid

>Friend's family: single mom, young boy, middle girl, older boy
>I'm friends with the young boy and my brother is friends with the older boy
>one day we both go over to their house, my friend and I watch ferngully.
>older boy asks if anyone wants snacks (one bite chocoloate bars), we say sure, the sister and her friends say no
>the boys wind up eating all of them
>mom comes home
>fucking FLIPS
>grabs older boy by the neck and screams in his face about how he stole all the snacks and didn't give any to the girls
>all of us are watching this whole thing
>starts glaring at us too while ferngully plays quietly in the background
>she goes and buys a whole ton of shit just for the girls even though they didn't want anything
>still mouthing off (this bitch was psycho)
>mfw
>a couple weeks later she tries to kill her kids and herself, the biological dad saves them and battles court for their custody
>never see them again
>>
File: 5knchoUua1rqiuiio1_1280.png (176KB, 558x392px) Image search: [Google]
5knchoUua1rqiuiio1_1280.png
176KB, 558x392px
>>84700334
>That mom
>>
Tim Curry was easily the best part of the movie. Whether implying through song his desire to fuck the entire world literally and metaphorically or simply haranguing forest critters, Hexxus made any scene he was in better.

The rest of the movie felt kind of like they had re-cut or rewrote quite a few things given the number of elements that went nowhere and the fact that certain songs on the soundtrack implied a more adult-oriented product.
>>
File: 500.gif (863KB, 480x263px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
863KB, 480x263px
>>84700441
This movie didnt really know who its target audience was.
On one hand you got sparkling fairies dancing to pop songs for literally no reason and on the other one a Bat rapping about how he was probed by scientists and a sludge demon who looks like Satan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.