[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 20

File: bg.jpg (365KB, 1700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
365KB, 1700x1100px
What is /tv/ expecting from this movie?

Despite half of /tv/ being very critical of Zack Snyder and the fact that Joss Whedon didn't do too well with his last Comic book movie, how do you think this one will be received by critics and movie-goers?
>>
Nothing.

I'll still be disappointed.
>>
>>84698450
The latest trailer I saw made me feel like the movie went a full swing on the opposite direction from BvS by trying to make it all comedy instead of overblown melodrama that is taking itself way too seriously.

I can't really say if that will be a good thing or not.
>>
Same old disappointment, Avengers will still be considered better.
>>
It'll be worse than BvS and Age of Ultron
>>
I still can't believe how everyone except the bimbo has a fucking terrible costume
>>
File: flash.gif (3MB, 540x290px) Image search: [Google]
flash.gif
3MB, 540x290px
I like the trailers. Aquamomoa and what little we've seen of the Flash look promising and Batfleck and Gadot can absolutely carry an action movie. Cyborg is iffy I'll admit.
>>
>>84698450
Snyder has not let me down yet. hopefully Whedon doesn't tarnish it too much.
>>
>>84698557

Is it something wrong to consider BvS to be much better than Avengers?

I mean, I watched them at TV long time after it went out in cinemas, while basically EVERYONE was talking about how wonderful movie is - and in the end, I felt like Im eating burger with lot of sugar on the top.
>>
>>84698595
>Snyder has not let me down yet
I wish I was a pleb, movies would be so much more enjoyable
>>
>>84698605
You're talking about different brands of capeshit, you have no right to call literally anyone a pleb.
>>
>>84698603
The pacing or balance of story in Avengers was much better than BvS

Once they introduced Doomsday and wonder woman in BvS i felt like it jumped shark
>>
>>84698605
A normal pleb would just eat up marvel shit. No, DC is for the contrarian plebs, the plebs with delusions of grandeur. The sixteen year old with taste that's fucking superior plebs.
>>
>>84698605
>pleb
Only a pleb would think Snyder has made a made movie. i know you get your opinions off reddit but Snyder has literally elevated capeshit to higher than ever before.
>>
>>84698622
>brands
what?
If a movie is bad, it's bad and Snyder has been a let down, simple as that why should I care about brand wars like Marvel vs DC

>>84698634
>>84698639
Do people actually care about the Marvel vs DC
divide what the fuck is this all about.

If I think Synder did a shit job, he did a shit job for that movie, I think he could've done better. It's not a binary decision, where I must then think Marvel did X better. If you want binary you can go fucking upvote on reddit jesus christ.
>>
>>84698605
here we go.
>>
>>84698685
I really liked the part where WB marketers started trying to force a MCU vs DCEU brandwar because that was a lot easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU.
>>
>>84698450
impossible to care.
>>
File: UNITE-THE-SEVEN-1.jpg (413KB, 952x501px) Image search: [Google]
UNITE-THE-SEVEN-1.jpg
413KB, 952x501px
>>
>>84699008
BIG GUYS
>>
>>84698450
Regardless of how it's received, I expect it will be a masterpiece, the culmination of the finest unofficial trilogy in all of comicdom.
>>
File: IMG_0493.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>84698595
I'm with you. I think it's going to be glorious.
>>
>>84698603
I feel the same way. I like most of the MCU films, but BvS struck chords with me that no other CMB ever has.
>>
>>84699008
>CIA was J'onn in disguise all along
>>
>>84698605
This shiteater lmao
>>
>>84700278
I would laugh my ass off.
>>
>>84698450

The only thing worse than Hack Snyder and Jews Whedon movies is one they both worked on, anyone who has any sort of hope for this is a retard
>>
>>84701996
Come back and talk to us once your balls drop.
>>
>>84698450
Just watching this picture makes me want to puke so a whole movie about them? Forget it.

>Joss Whedon didn't do too well with his last Comic book movie
Why would things be any different? Did you expect Bay Transformers to suddenly get good after 4 times?
>>
File: Big guy.jpg (135KB, 589x570px) Image search: [Google]
Big guy.jpg
135KB, 589x570px
>>84698685
>If I think Synder did a shit job, he did a shit job for that movie
>Le art is subjective
>I've seen less than 1000 films
The absolute state of this board
>>
>>84698587
>Now, Sasuke, I'll reveal my CGI speedy-no jutsu
>>
>>84698450
>his last Comic book movie
Plot was ok, acting was ok, battle scenes were ok, The only bad things were the Thor shoehorned scenes (Openly admited Marvel force him to include them) and Ultron being a quipmaster (Which kinda makes sense because it was IM who created him, not Hank Pym).
>>
>>84703574
You think we'll hear some quips in JL?
>>
>>84703623
We already saw some in BvS (Is she with you?, The Cape joke....) so I don't get why they wouldn't use them again.
>>
>>84698587
I can't wait for speedkino. Every shot of Barry in action looks fucking fantastic.
>>
>>84698450
>Joss Wheadon
>Expectations
It's gonna be another DC abomination
>>
File: JUSTLeague.webm (3MB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLeague.webm
3MB, 1280x684px
Kek
>>
File: 19b22mgfepymnjpg[1].jpg (38KB, 635x362px) Image search: [Google]
19b22mgfepymnjpg[1].jpg
38KB, 635x362px
>>84704201
What's wrong with that?I don't get it.
>>
/tv/ all thought Wonder Woman would be an absolute disaster, but look how that turned out. I think JL will be better received than BvS, but nothing incredible
>>
File: 1494118284720.webm (2MB, 720x336px) Image search: [Google]
1494118284720.webm
2MB, 720x336px
>>84704201
Lol
>>
>>84698450
Cyborg, the flash, and Aquaman all look absolutely retarded.
>>
>>84705071
*holds up spork*
>>
>>84698639
>Only a pleb would think Snyder has made a made movie.
I agree. Snyder's films don't feel "made" at all.
>>
>>84698450
i will forever hate DC movies like this because i will never get over the absolute dire casting of Gal Gadot..

the other shit casting i can bare with.. but even on photoshopped pictures, she is still out of place and looks fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1492977871752.png (904KB, 798x802px) Image search: [Google]
1492977871752.png
904KB, 798x802px
it'll be a reddit meme flick for sure
>>
>>84698490
fpbp
>>
>>84698605
>hating Based Snyder
>>
>>84704621
Cyborg looks so bad.
>>
>>84698450
>critics
poorly
>movie goers
like an average marvel flick
>>
>>84704201
>>84704201
Why didn't they just make Cyborg's body look like this?
Just because he's metal doesn't mean he can't be smooth.
>>
I will watch it for the story to come full circle but I won't expect another BvS. That one will go down in history as the revolution that never took off. JL will be good but not genre-defining like BvS. WB is afraid now.
>>
>>84708587
So far, it's going down as the piece of shit it is.

JL will have shit reviews and a massive opening that will crumble to end up making BvS money.
The real start of the DCEU will be WW and Aquaman.
>>
>>84709460
Be honest. You don't know shit about how this movie is going to be, and saying otherwise only makes you look like the same shilling faggots who spun every bit of "leaked" information about Wonder Woman into laughably obvious attempts to poison the well.

You *think* it's going to be shit? Fine. I think it's going to be awesome. But tell me that you *know* it will be, and I'll thank you to shove it right up your ass. Literally no franchise except Star Wars has ever suffered this much scrutiny and creepy spin-doctoring.
>>
>>84709772
>You don't know shit about how this movie is going to be
I've seen the trailer, and the two previous movies Snyder made, so I can form a pretty informed opinion by now. I'm not going by any reports because that's just click bait bullshit that throws a bunch of crap to the wall and see what it sticks. If all that "intel" is false, people just forget about it and move on. If they got it right, people will keep remembering that guy as the one that had the real scoop.
I mean, I remember the rumors about WW being a mess. Has the guy that broke those news gotten any backlash from it? Nope.
>>
>>84698450
They don't have nearly enough buildup to actually make it good. Where is the exposition that introduces Cyclops, Aquaman, and Flash to the DCEU? No, 5 minutes of security cam footage and whatever the fuck Batmans' visions were in BvS don't count. Are they planning on wasting the whole movie introducing the audience to these characters? I hope not. But if they don't, the whole film will be a big case of literally whos fighting literally whos. They're rushing their expanded universe way too hard and it's going to suck.
>>
>>84708530
Why couldn't they have made Cyborg look like how he was in the Teen Titans cartoon?
>>
>>84709983
What does backlash have to do with it? All the lack of it does is increase the prevalence of dishonest journalism, and entertainment news is among the worst offenders.

I watched the same trailers, liked them, and have no idea what haters and naysayers wanted to see, though my personal bet is that it wouldn't make fuck-all difference no matter what was released to people determined to hate.
>>
>>84698450
Why is there so much fucking unnecessary texture on everyone's costumes but WW? It's pissing me off. The basketball texture on the Batsuit, the 100000000000000000 edges on Cyborg's body, whatever the hell is going on with the Flash, Aquaman looking like his body has been meshed in ANSYS. Distracting. Ugly. Awful.
>>
>>84710205
>What does backlash have to do with it? All the lack of it does is increase the prevalence of dishonest journalism, and entertainment news is among the worst offenders.
That's exactly my point. I don't get my opinions from believing or not clickbait bullshit. I just ignore that. The fact that I think JL will be shit is because no matter how much good faith I put in Snyder's previous movies, they were shit. And I was willing to give JL a chance but the trailer looked like shit as well. Why the fuck would I think it might be good anyway? There's nothing I wanted more to see than a good JL trailer that got my hopes up again, but that surely didn't happen.
I'll wait for the SDCC trailer, but for the looks of it, you can't polish a turd.
>>
>>84709983
Kill yourself.
>>
>>84710335
I get Aquaman's scales and I don't mind about Batman's, but Cyborg and Flash look like fucking dogshit.
>>
Oops, this >>84710403 was meant for this >>84710267
>>
>>84710403
I don't get the preoccupation with making Cyborg look *more* like a guy encased in a suit. I actually like him being more "skeletal," as he's barely got any organic left to speak of and moreclosely mimicking a human body doesn't really benefit him.
>>
>>84698605
Kys you fucking degenerate cunt!
>>
>>84698595
this. im clinging to the last bit of hope that Whedon doesnt reddit it up
>>
>>84698685
I was a huge Snyder fan. I loved his stuff. Even Sucker Punch. Then Watchmen was good but his worst IMO. Then MoS had the great action but was stupid. Then BvS came along and really made me sad. A few good Batman fights and a decent take on Catwoman were all there was to like. Crazy how DC can take a director I like and ruin them. Same happened to Nolan.
I'd like to blame the bad writing and the execs forcing issues. Snyder and Nolan are great directors. They got a paycheck to direct some shitty stuff.

If WW is the new trend then JL might be good. But if it stays with the Snyder trend then it will sadly be garbage.

I want it to be good so I keep a shred of hope alive. I liked the new trailer other than how lame Cyborg looks.

My fear is that it will be just like BvS but with 35% more jokes forced into it.
>>
>>84703574
I loved the Banner/Stark interaction. Also loved the IM/Hulk battle. That's about it. Story was weak and only got worse. Ultron fought and beaten one-on-one by each of the Avengers when he can kill them all at the same time. Terrible movie. About the same as BvS in quality. A few great side things with a lame big battle.
>>
>>84698587
I hope they jump straight into Thawne instead of doing some meme movie about Weather Wizard and Captain Cold
>>
>>84708530
I've explained over and over why Cyborg looks like a monster in JL but you refuse to listen. Don't act like this is your first capeshit thread.
>>
>>84698639
Snyder was great until he got into capeshit. I thought he was going to be great for DC. What a huge disappointment.

Joss has done some great stuff but not lately. He seems to be used up. No more Firefly or Dollhouse quality from him anymore. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I hope JW leads DC into a new era of good films.
>>
>>84711037
When did BvS have Catwoman?
>>
>>84712526
Got my critique of BvS and TDKR mixed together in my stoned head. Typed faster than thought.
>>
What I don't get is why Snyder had such a hardon for making Batman an edgy psycho killer in BvS. Even in TDKR, which BvS is supposedly adapting, Batman wasn't as brutal and he never killed, even though Batman in TDKR was super hardcore. Things like Batman burning batsymbols into criminals, and mowing people down in his car and plane were so gratuitous they were unintentionally hilarious. What's with Snyder's fixation on EDGE?
>>
>>84712617
But TDKR's Catwoman was shit. Those heel knives were retarded. Literally every other adaptation of Catwoman has her with a set of retractable knives + thief tools in the fingers of her gloves, and that works just fine. I liked her infrared cat ear goggles but that was it.

Also the Batplane in TDKR is literally the worst airplane design of all time.
>>
>>84708129
I don't think so, but whatever is your personal taste against mine.
>>
>>84698450
wait what, why was cyborg leg skimpy in the trailer.... I guess cgi not fully done?
>>
>>84712684
I expected her to suck but was surprised. She was nearly the only likeable thing for me.I forgot about the boot knife. Yeah, pretty gay. TDKR sucked.
>>
How does /tv/ feel about this scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
>>
>>84711266
then fucking throw that shit into a copypasta and spam that around the boards. are you fucking new or some shit?
>>
>>84698450
>What is /tv/ expecting from this movie?
More forgetable capeshit.
>>
>>84711282
>Snyder was great until he got into capeshit.
His second feature film was capeshit.
>>
It will be more warmly received, but it's still mostly Zack's movie with Joss carrying it to the finish line. As long as everybody gets a moment to shine and everything is done for the sake of the movie and not more setup, everything will be fine.
>>
File: ciaran-hinds-headshot.jpg (64KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ciaran-hinds-headshot.jpg
64KB, 600x400px
>>84698450
I really want to see Steppenwolf in full detail
>>
>>84713298
One of the only two good scenes in the movie. Great Batman fight.
Only problems:
1.Affleck's face
2.Half the time that big machine gun is aimed straight ahead instead of up at the Batplane.

Minor complaints. Meaningless in whatis a great scene and meaningless when compared to the film's true problems.
>>
>>84713583
What is the other one?
>>
Something wrong with the flash
>>
>>84713540
Forgot Watchmen. It was pretty OK. Not bad but blinked with ending. should have stuck to based comic. But wasn't Watchmen like his 3rd film? I just remember seeing 300, DotD and Sucker Punch and really liking him. Watchmen was start of decline for me but maybe I watched them out of order.
>>
Justice Quips was doomed the second BvS got a bad reception.

They rewrote it from a 2 part opera epic into quipshit. The first trailer gave it up with its comedy tone.

And yes, I know Snyder said it was going to be lighter from the beggning. But there is "lighter" and there is "call Whedon to reshoot scenes"
>>
>>84713594
The other Batman fight in his ill-written vision.
>>
it would be great if gal gadot wasn't in it and wonder woman was played by someone else
>>
>>84698639
It's nice to know that I've met the most pretentious basement dweller uberpleb currently residing in the tortured bowels of this board. It feels like meeting a minor celebrity, or something.
>>
>>84713663
Dawn of the Dead was a tone deaf remake of the original, just as Watchmen was a tone deaf adaptation of the original, and that's pretty much all Snyder can do. He succeeded with DotD because of the zombie craze and a decen ability to shoot action scenes but that movie is already pretty much forgotten, except maybe for the opening sequence. And his only other hit was 300 because the comic itslef was style over substance, so he felt right at home with it. Everything else he attempted to do has been a failure because he does not know how to tell a story, and has no idea about how to communicate any type of emotions through film. All he hopes for is that by imitating some previous work of art, or using a pre-existing piece of music, he can tap on the emotional core of those pieces and steal some of it for his movies, but most of the times it just doesn't work.
>>
File: AQUAMAN'D.jpg (92KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AQUAMAN'D.jpg
92KB, 900x1200px
>The first two days of the San Diego Comic-Con schedule have felt a little light on the film side, right? Well, Warner Bros will give attendees a Comic-Con to remember with superheroes and Steven Spielberg. The Burbank-based studio will be taking over Hall H on Saturday starting at 11 AM to show off their platinum 2017-2018 slate.

>The Justice League gang will be there with Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Ezra Miller (The Flash) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg), not only talking up and showing off their November 17 release but also Christmas 2018’s Aquaman from director James Wan.
>>
>>84713663
Im talking about 300. Based on the frank miller comic of the same name that's loosely based on the battle of Thermopylae.
>>
Which Batman movie franchise has the best Alfred?
>>
>>84714268
Jeremy Irons is GOAT.
>>
>>84714298
this
i like snarky alfred
>>
File: 56653643q.png (101KB, 218x185px) Image search: [Google]
56653643q.png
101KB, 218x185px
>mfw i have no interest in the DCU after the first two tragic movies yet my friends keep taking me to see them because theyre huge capeshit fans
>>
>>84713674
How does it feel to be JOSS'D?
>>
Personally I loved WW, I thought Batman and BVS were pretty alright.

This movie though? Every preview I see is just.... meh. I am not excited about it at all.
>>
>>84698450
It will be a mess. Snyder has one mode, and that will be at war with Warners' attempts to make things more "positive" (plus the Whedon reshoots).
>>
File: catwoman-gotham-po.jpg (443KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
catwoman-gotham-po.jpg
443KB, 3840x2160px
>>84714102
REEEEEE I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT GOTHAM CITY SIRENS AAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>84714579
Smuggle in a flask. There's no reason to watch movies sober.
>>
>>84714102
Hopefully when they show the trailers, they release it to the public like they did last year.
>>
>>84717445
Does Batman belong with Wonder Woman, or Catwoman?
>>
>>84711266
>>84713430
i would also like to read the copypasta because it sounds interesting anon :)
>>
>>84717445
GCS is in development hell.
>>
>>84708530
The body he has is the result of a Mother Box from Apokolips bonding to him. It looks all crumpled because it's alien technology, but Cyborg could theoretically reshape his body into something "smoother" looking. Canonically the light in his chest is a perfect circle and that's the symbol they've shown in promotions but in the trailers the light is just a crack not a circle. Flash is also rumored to get a new costume by the end of the film.
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
the deluge of capeshit never ends
>>
>>84717632
Well, he's marrying Selina. Also Trinity shipping is always weird.
>>
>>84717870
>Well, he's marrying Selina
since when?
>>
File: Batman-2016-024-022.jpg (4MB, 1988x2906px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-2016-024-022.jpg
4MB, 1988x2906px
>>84717898
Since the last two issues.
>>
>>84717929
Fucking A
>>
>>84710037

And yet introducing Wonder Woman in BvS and then giving her a solo after worked very well.

You're right though. They should introduce each hero individually or we won't care about them. Just like they did before the first X-Men movie. There's only one way to do all this
>>
>>84717929
>marrying a fucking roastie slut
He is lucky his parents are already dead and aren't forced to see this shameful thing
>>
>>84718118
Wondy might be the most beloved DCEU character at this point.
>>
>>84718165
t. triggered Zatannafag
>>
The trailers look worse than Star Wars Episode III.
>>
File: ily.jpg (139KB, 630x972px) Image search: [Google]
ily.jpg
139KB, 630x972px
>>84718165
Sorry anon, he loves her.
>>
File: C_6wzWCUMAQxMl0.jpg (78KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
C_6wzWCUMAQxMl0.jpg
78KB, 1200x600px
it'll be better than anything marvel's ever made, but not as good as BvS or MoS

i'm very excited to dissect it and analyze it with /tv/ like i've done with the above films
>>
>>84718251
I thought that Batman wasn't allowed to have happiness
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01-01-02-53.png (363KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01-01-02-53.png
363KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>84718702
>patricians take pride in being contrarians
>>
>>84718568
>he thinks it will last
next writer or reboot is going to fix it so we can have another couple years of super depressed lashing at everyone Batman
>>
>>84718815
>"fix" it
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.