[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /tv/'s opinions on Synecdoche, New York?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg (44KB, 297x436px) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg
44KB, 297x436px
What are /tv/'s opinions on Synecdoche, New York?
>>
it's ok. got very confusing in the last 20 minutes
>>
>>84695600
Made me a Kaufman fanboy for life
>>
the movie is funny as hell. I'm not sure if that was intended or not, but I think it's one of the best comedies ever made. I guess it's dark comedy.
>>
Its amazing but its very slightly irritating and it goes on for too long. Its 10/10 in all areas apart from watchability. I got frustrated with it
>>
I liked it. I haven't seen it since release, though, so I need to rewatch it.
>>
pretentious obscured false profundity
>>
at points in the middle of the movie it tried to play it off as if the protagonist was just crazy, undermining the entire movie
and the entire movie the passage of time is the main theme, to the detriment of more emotional points
seeing the works of Tarkovsky made me appreciate this movie less, because it has "THIS IS A METAPHOR" written in big letters on the screen at all times, rather than just creating a world that the characters live in and letting the audience experience that
instead the entire movie was just a simple cipher with the solution being "life"
>>
It's very ugly on purpose and I'm not talking about cinematography. It's also nihilistic. Basically everything wrong with our world. If you like it, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>84696584
fuck off
>>
>>84695600
Interesting concept and interesting effort, but it lacks the charm of Adaptation, and it was more than a bit didactic/pedantic at times.
>>
I'm not sure the details but I remember thinking that the preacher's speech scene towards the end signified Caden's failure to realize his vision, and a critique of other artists as well, settling on basically a self-pitying saccharine compromise
>>
What was the deal with the whole daughter scene? I feel like I missed something leading up to it.
>>
It's really hilarious. Kinda clunky on some places compared to his other movies. How's Anomalisa anyway?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.