[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain this fucking movie to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: The-Big-Short-movie-poster.jpg (275KB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
The-Big-Short-movie-poster.jpg
275KB, 1400x2100px
can someone explain this fucking movie to me
>>
>>84693487
jews crashed the economy by giving out loans to people that couldn't really pay them back. what are you 12?
>>
>>84693487
just watch it again
>>
movie doesn't make a point

it's just frustrated and somber
>>
>>84693487
Bunch of guys made money because they made a bet that the economy would collapse. The economy collapsed because of ((((wall Street))))
>>
they took out investments that would only generate a return if the housing market collapsed. Because no one thought the housing market would collapse, the banks let them take out ridiculous amounts of them. The market collapsed and they became rich as fuck
>>
A once talented comedy director makes a smug soap box movie about the 2008 housing market crash, in which talented actors deliver god awful performances, and everyone pretends it's good.
>>
File: donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg (106KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg
106KB, 1180x842px
>>84693487
that
>I have a feeling the ((bankers)) will get off scot free and racists will vote Trump
ending
>>
>>84693487
basically american banks are retarded and didn't have any requirements for getting a housing loan, so people bought fuck loads of houses without any actual way to pay them off, and from without doing research and just basing it off the movie, they put the loans in some sort of account that eventually became way too much and it crashed the entire fucking thing. These guys were somehow the only people in America to predict that this shit is going to happen so they bet on it happening and now they're rich
>>
>>84693487
you literally had Margot Robbie and Selena Gomez explain it to you dumb dumb!
>>
>>84696334
So where did all this money they made come from? From the banks/firms? If they felt so guilty, why not just give it back?
>>
>>84696611
>they put the loans in some sort of account that eventually became way too much

Loans are a commodity. You can go online and buy unpaid loans right now with the click of like 3 buttons. There are a bunch of businesses only in the trade of buying and selling packages of loans, thus this "putting together".
>>
Those who are given an inch want a mile, which applies both to the poorfags diving into debt to buy multiple shitty houses and the richfags who see a loophole and take advantage of it until it buttfucks the global economy. In that regard, being a careless piece of shit transcends class.

Epilogue: We won't learn from this mistake either and expect to see it happen again at least once more in our lifetimes.
>>
>>84697310
Fiat currency is all imaginary to begin with. Modern banking involves a whole plethora of byzantine mechanisms to move imaginary money around, producing nothing in reality but generating profits for the banks.
>>
>>84693552
Dumb Americans crashed the economy by giving out loans to people that couldn't really pay them back. what are you 12?
>FTFY
>>
>>84697382
Isn't it a fun time we live in that the grand majority of the world's wealth is generated by not actually creating things but by doing shit like this? And that some of our richest non-bankers, non-oil barrons are autismos who created an app for narcissists to post pics of their food and gym and also to talk to each other?

Weird times.
>>
File: .jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>84693487
That movie literally explains itself, even breaking the fourth wall to hold your hand through it. How dense are you?
>>
money isn't real
>>
Jews jewed poor people into buying houses they couldn't afford and they never got in trouble
>>
>>84699549
sounds like you hate capitalism friendo
>>
ok
>>
>>84697442
>I had to use all these useless words to describe the basic concept of demand
>>
>>84697272
Was Selena Gomez the last guest scene? Because I turned it off right then and there. That was fucking stupid.
>>
>>84693487
Banks gave out loans to anyone and packaged them as a safe bet so the average American invested their savings on what had historically been a safe return on investment. When the faggots who took out the loans couldn't pay them back the curtain was pulled back. The banks insulated themselves and the people with their shitty savings accounts and those who took out the loans lost the most.
>>
>>84697310
They didn't feel guilty and the money they made were nothing compared to the bail needed that the government eventually paid.

They felt disgusted by how shitty the system was.
>>
Bad things
>>
>>84696611
>basically american banks are retarded
the (((banks))) operate on the basis that if there is a crash they'll be bailed out. they aren't stupid. they know what they're doing
>>
>>84697310
The money came from investors. The guys made money, because they created a new products that bet that the housing market crashed. The banks thought they were idiots and let them have this product.
>>
>>84697442
> I don't know anything about economics, and I think Wall Street only consist of traders and hedge funds.
>>
>>84701763
Lehman went bankrupt, many bankers made redundant, and their stock prices dropped a lot. Only the top bank execs profitted from the crisis
>>
>>84693487
>Talks to a stripper
>Theres a bubble!
>bets 50 millions on it
>>
>>84697619
>How dense are you?
Lead got nothing on me kiddo
>>
>>84693552

Government did, jews just turned it into something they could profit from and doomed everyone
>>
>>84697310
Put options are basically an insurance policy that someone, in this case a bank, sells to you. The price you pay for the option is like insurance premium.

If the unlikely thing for which you are buying insurance happens, in this case the collapse of the US housing market, then the option seller, ie the bank, has to make you whole.

The thing about options though is you don't need to own the underlying asset the option seeks to insure or hedge. So even though you may not have a stake in the US housing sector, but if you own the options the seller still has to make you whole when you exercise the option.

So these guys depicted in the movie, had a similar kind of deal with the banks or something.
>>
File: jc_chandor_getty300-1.jpg (28KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
jc_chandor_getty300-1.jpg
28KB, 300x377px
Literally just a pleb version of Margin Call
>>
>blumpf is going to cause the next one
>>
Credit default swaps is a line of credit an investor can provide for an asset holder where in the case that the asset under performs by a certain amount the asset is given to (in the form of cash) to the investor.
>>
>>84705234
You write like a retard
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.