[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think pkd would've liked it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: blade-runner.jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner.jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think pkd would've liked it?
>>
bamp
>>
>>84690844
He wasn't generally critical of other people's art, I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong. He got a preview of some of it and said he liked the visuals. Maybe that's damning it with faint praise, tough to say.
>>
>>84690844
i don't think he would've cared for it as an adaptation of DADoES, but i don't know enough about the man himself to say if he would've liked the film in its own right.
>>
>>84690844
I thought I read that he saw an early version of it. He said something like it wasn't anything like his book but that was fine.
>>
>>84692866
He wasn't alive to see any of the adaptions in full though, and there's been so many. I'm just a bit sad for him since he was so influential. Even if Ridley didn't finish reading the source material (which, I don't know how, since it's short as f), I think he would've been proud of it.
>>
>>84692973

It seems like he liked the parts he was able to see:
"This is not escapism; it is super realism, so gritty and detailed and authentic and goddam convincing that, well, after the segment I found my normal present-day "reality" pallid by comparison. What I am saying is that all of you collectively may have created a unique new form of graphic, artistic expression, never before seen. And, I think, BLADE RUNNER is going to revolutionize our conceptions of what science fiction is and, more, can be."
>>
>>84692973
Filmmakers aren't allowed to read, their brains are too valuable for that.
>>
>>84693023
this makes me happy
>>
ywn trip balls with pkd while watching the matrix as he ribs you constantly wispering how he had the idea in the 70's
>>
File: 1161629.jpg (136KB, 600x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1161629.jpg
136KB, 600x1003px
>>84692973
they wanted him to write the novelization of the film script and he refused, so they went back to the book and added more from it so they could release it instead
>>
>>84690844
PKD saw a test screen and went on record saying that he did like it. IN fact he fuckin loved it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.