[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix Originals Hate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_4309.jpg (25KB, 640x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4309.jpg
25KB, 640x490px
Anyone else sick of Netflix "originals" chalked full of stale humour, overused and over saturated storylines, stolen plots, edgelord pandering and blatant queer-baiting without fulfillment? I fucking hate the 2edgy4u teendramma-teir shows full of half cast schlubs and on some occasions, wasted talent, that are made to run half baked late in the game scripts that try to appear deep while not actually ever delivering a punchline. It's disgusting.
>>
>>84678612
Flaked is underrated
>>
>>84678875
So am I lol
>>
I liked Luke Cage
>>
I like their originals
>>
File: IMG_4261.gif (2MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4261.gif
2MB, 500x240px
I don't like Riverdale. I don't. It's a mellowdrama soap opera murder mystery that uses the name of Archie characters because >muh comics, meanwhile completely disgracing the source material. It's unoriginal and feels like I'm watching Pretty Little Liars ike I did in middle school. The girls are all basic bimbo bitches and completely sexist as they all get sucked into petty highschool drama and don't think for themselves. Why are these 15-17 yos all being so grossly oversexualized too? I don't want any of my teen siblings watching this shit, it's a bad influence and not even memeing. And by god, what the fuck happened to Jughead? I like Cole Sprouse, but it's not even the same character, and he's not his "woman-hating" burger loving asexual aromantic self. Why do normies prase this shit? It's uninteresting overblown backwater garbage that people only watch for the "teen" sex (they all look 25).
>>
>>84679142
Lmao virgin nerd.
>>
Bloodline (specifically season 1) and The Crown were pretty good and probably their best
>>
>>84678612
Was always shit, will always be shit.
>>
The Circle was god tier. Imagine if something like that could start happening irl, and a thing called the internet came into existence
>>
>>84678612
I like Bojack Horseman, Stranger Things, and House of Cards.
The Marvel shows are complete dogshit. I haven't tried watching anything else.
It's weird how people consider "Netflix Original" as an indicator of quality. It's a gimmick and everybody bought into it because Netflix was really the first to do it.
It's like how people love Disney movies and Disney movies always do well critically because they were the first to do animated movies, Dreamworks and shit didn't emerge until the late 90s.
>>
>>84678875
yea I'm enjoying it, mostly cause of Will Arnett. He makes most things significantly better
>>
>>84678612
>House of Cards went to shit with season 3
>Narcos season 2 showed they were out of material and writing talent
>only Chapelles comedy was good
>bill bye the shabbos goy was a joke
>>
>>84678875
Fucking this
Comfy as shit with good character development. I'm convinced it only got bad reviews because critics heard a description and wrote it off before they ever watched it
>>
only good drama is Bloodline.
>>
Narcos was ok, GLOW wasn't bad, OITNB was okay for the first few seasons, Daredevil, Bojack Horseman, Stranger Things and Jessica Jones were pretty good.

Luke Cage, Bloodline, and Iron Fist were pretty boring. Marco Polo tried to be epic but couldn't pull it off on its budget. Sense8 had okay action at times but was way too saccharine and pandering.

They're mostly underwhelming.
>>
Bojack has shown the writers are incompetent as the latest season had no character development and managed to make even Mr Peanutbutter look like shit and at the end of the season we were right back to where season 2 left off.

Now the creator is crying about le DRUMPF and has vowed to make season 5 about him for no reason other than being buttmad in the most cringey interview I've ever read.
>>
>>84680105
yepp pretty good assessment of things.
I enjoyed Luke Cage more than JJ, but Daredevil were better than both of them.
>>
>>84679729
>Bojack Horseman,
Agree
>House of Cards.
Hm-hmm Kevin Spacey is always nice
>Stranger Things
No that's where I draw the goddamn line
>>
only original i liked was f is for family
>>
>>84680384
it's almost like bojack not becoming a better person is intentional huh? and that sort of fits into the theme of the show and is the entire fucking point
>>
File: peakykino.jpg (31KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
peakykino.jpg
31KB, 615x410px
>>84678612
>House of Cards Seasons 1-2
>Peaky Blinders
>Daredevil
>Narcos
>Stranger Things

Those are all quality.
>>
>>84678612
How come they get to call BCS a "Netflix Original" in other regions?
>>
File: IMG_2353.gif (899KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2353.gif
899KB, 267x200px
>>84680577

>Daredevil
>>
File: 1487098558565.png (342KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1487098558565.png
342KB, 604x453px
Yes.

I was reccd stranger things on here and it was mediocre to bad.

The only thing of artistic value to ever come out of nexflix originals is Beasts of no nation.
>>
>>84680682
I know I'm a real racist because BONN bored the poop outta me.
>>
>>84678612

Not much has been good, although some of them have been hits, House of Cards first season was getting a lot of eyeballs, same for Stranger Things and (rather surprisingly) The OA, I assume Series of Unfortunate Events has done well since it's getting another season.

Overall Netflix is funding practically anything in the hopes of narrowing down what 'sticks', which means they will be funding at least ten shit shows for one hit, but that's the pill they have to swallow, since peddling content from other networks/studios has been increasingly costly (price hikes) and unsustainable in the long term.
>>
>>84680638
>8.7 on imdb
>86% critics on RT and 96% user score
>Kino scenes like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo
>Good overarching themes see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uRX6DNyqQ&

What exactly is so bad about it?
>>
God-Tier
>Bojack Horseman
Good Tier
>Narcos
>House of Cards S1-3
Decent Tier
>Stranger Things
>House of Cards S4-
Okay Tier
>F is for Family
>Orange is the New Black S1-2
>Daredevil
Bad Tier
>all their other capeshit
>Sense8
Shit Tier
>Everything else
Extra-low below shit tier
>OITNB S3-
>>
>>84681022

It's capeshit for teenagers. Your numbers are irrelevant. It's like showing numbers for The Little Mermaid. We need to have adult standards for discussion.
>>
File: monomyth.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
monomyth.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>84678612
There have been no new stories since ancient Greek theater, kid.
>>
>>84680577
Season 4 was pretty good too
>>
>>84681372
What is this shit? A bunch of tropes?
>>
>>84681216
hey reddit
>>
GLOW is good
>>
File: 1449949919223.jpg (59KB, 343x357px) Image search: [Google]
1449949919223.jpg
59KB, 343x357px
>>84678612
>chalked full
>>
>>84680387
Stop posting faggot
>>
>>84681504
Not really.
>>
>>84680387
I completely shit on Stranger Things the first time I watched it. I thought the first episode was boring and derivative, but I continued and ended up loving it.
>>
File: 320px-Heroesjourney.svg.png (20KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Heroesjourney.svg.png
20KB, 320x322px
>>84681436
Yes, that is literally what they are, pretty much the originals.
>>
>>84681563
homophones are a diamond dozen
>>
>>84681436
Jesus christ how old are you? I learned this shit in highschool?
>>
File: Master-of-None-s2-posters-3.jpg (950KB, 1500x2222px) Image search: [Google]
Master-of-None-s2-posters-3.jpg
950KB, 1500x2222px
>check thread
>no one has mentioned Master of None

What the fuck are wrong with you guys?
>>
>>84680577
>>84681022
Daredevil is garbage. It's so fucking boring. I could only finish it because of how well done Kingpin was.
Bad lighting, you couldn't see anything that was happening. Bad writing. Bad costume design.
They made Ben Urich black and then killed him for no fucking reason. And don't accuse me of being /pol/, I'm black, but I wanted to see the Jeff Goldblum looking motherfucker from the Frank Miller comics.

I wish I could share specific examples but I've been trying to erase the show from my memory. Matt come off as a huge asshole.
I know Daredevil has always been set specifically in Hell's Kitchen, but it's not the 70s, Manhattan isn't a shithole anymore. They show should've been set in the Bronx or something. How am I supposed to take the story seriously? Fighting gentrification in an area that's already been gentrified for decades? Come on.
>>
>>84682081
It wasnt funny.
>>
>>84682167
It isn't an all out comedy series, unlike "Love". (Which sucked hard dick).
>>
The only thing i watch now is F is for family.
Still waiting for the god damn the expanse S2.
Fucking shit cant even bring the episodes of the good shows on time.

Marvel shows are also garbage.

I do like movies i almost missed like John wick.
>>
>>84681254
Ok lets break down this

>It's capeshit for teenagers.
Not an argument its buzzword insult hyperbole.

>Your numbers are irrelevant.
Really? Because as far as most of /tv/ like to think it does, unless now it doesn't fit you narrative so its ilrelevent now.

>It's like showing numbers for The Little Mermaid.
The classic animated movie that is beloved by majority of people for being a well animated movie? Yes it is I guess thanks for proving that dudes point

>We need to have adult standards for discussion.
Then start with your weak ass argument, the way you handwave your argument you might as well be a fucking feminist, you sure are good at it.
>>
Dirk gently was ok too.

Altough i dont have much hopes for S2.
>>
>>84682337
Dirk Gently isn't on Netflix and it isn't an original.
>>
>>84678875
DUDE ROMANTICIZE DEPRESSION LMAO
>>
>>84678875
It's OK but episodes vary wildly in quality, it's much better at being a comfy Venice comedy instead of a super serious muh AA drama
>>
>>84678612
enjoyed the 80s nostalgia in stranger things and glow. probably will go to shit in later season like the other netflix shows i have seen and since dropped.
been meaning to watch the latest unbreakable kimmy, but not feeling it.
that's about all i have to say about their originals. still have a sub due to a gift card, but i won't be resubbing when that expires.
>>
I feel so angry for wasting my time with The OA
I've never felt so shanghai'd by a trope ending before
>>
>>84682081
Nothing, apparently.
>>
>>84678612
yep

netflix is a good example of how humans create under pressure

What pressure is there when you're making a Netflix original movie or show?

You have a infinite budget, you can rehash any script you want, you can hire any washed up actor you want.

Ratings have no effect on you, you get as many seasons as you want unless you're so offensively bad like Sense8 and even that went on way too fucking long.
>>
>>84678612
It's interesting.

Normies hate foreign films and reading subtitles, but Okja comes out and because it says "Netflix Original" people eat it up.
If Netflix continues working with actual directors and letting them have creative control it could be a great thing for art.
If people start consuming smarter movies and shows they'll have higher standards for what they're watching.
>>
>>84679878
Plz don't remind me of house of cards.

Halfway through the season I said:

Holy shit, if they make her president I'm done with this show. I don't think they'd be dumb enough, but it's a weird hunch.

And since then I've dropped it.
>>
>>84678612

Narcos is Kino and if you don't think so you are a pleb

F is for Family and Bojack are great too
>>
>>84679142
its not a netflix original tho, retard
>>
>>84678612
Remind again how is this supposed to be "originals"?
>house of cards - based on a uk show
>Orange Is the New Black - based on a book
>A Series of Unfortunate Events - based on a fucking books
>13 Reasons Why - based on the fucking books
>Mindhunter - based on a book
>all the marvel shows - based on a fucking comics
>Fuller House - a sequel
>Dear White People - based on a movie
>all the continuations like mystery science theatre or trailer park boys, black mirror, the last kingdom the list literally goes on
>Castlevania - based on video games
>dozens films

and then you have "Historical drama" like Narcos, Marco Polo, The Crown

It just baffles me that they dare to call these things "originals". What, the fucking Strangers Things is original? In what way? It's proud to be called ripoffs of all the 80s films.

I've yet to watch a netflix show that's actually stays good for more than one season. House of Cards is a biggest joke, and it was only good for one season
>>
>>84678612
They're just tossign shit out and seeing what sticks.

You would too if you had deep pockets.

And that is whar every studio and production company does in aggregate.
>>
>>84684151
because they're original content created by netflix funding as opposed to them paying the rights to stream it. do you seriously not get it?

they don't mean that netflix came up with the show, just that no other production/distribution company owned it before them. the content itself is usually thought of and pitched by the creators, netflix is just a distribution company, not a production company.
>>
Netflix fell into the trap of quantity than quality
>>
>people on /tv/ still pay for a subscription to this leftist shill platform
>>
>>84684614
back to /pol/ faggot.
>>
will Mindhunter be kino with Fincher involved or will it be like House of Cards, where once he stops directing episodes it goes to shit?
>>
Castlevania is going to be good
>>
>hates Netflix Originals

what are you, gay?
>>
...I liked Master of None...
>>
They are all so fucking shit

well, narcos was pretty good, the rest are fucking self-parodies
>>
>>84686627
Narcos was also surprisingly right wing. Usually they just do liberal shit, but Narcos was downright reactionary in comparison.
>>
Bojack is great.
>>
It's very, very rare to find a good show in the West anymore in general.

I can only enjoy childish shit in Japan now like My Hero Academia and One Punch Man
>>
>>84686724
>>>/a/
>>
>Bloodline
>Narcos
>Stranger Things
>Luke Cage
>Kimmy Schmidt
>Love
>Santa Clarita Diet
>GLOW
>Wet Hot American Summer
>Bojack
>Arrested Development
>Clone Wars
>Last Chance U
>The Discovery

All good to great things. Plus a lot of their comedy specials and docs are worth it.
Over all, netflix has gone to shit and the majority of their "originals" are just shit they'll throw at the wall to see what sticks (see OA) but there's still a handful of things that are pretty enjoyable if you're not too jaded and up your own ass
>>
Lady Dynamite is good too
>>
>>84678893
underrated post
>>
I like Oitnb but holy shit the racial, leftist pandering has gotten so bad. But it still has its moments
I liked that other show about the cartel but didn't really care to watch the second season
Bojack is Bowack lmao! But in all seriousness the constant forced drama is eye rolling
>>
>>84684151
You forgot stranger things that is Super8-the show.
>>
File: frontiernkdsf-700x400.jpg (44KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
frontiernkdsf-700x400.jpg
44KB, 700x400px
Frontier is Mamoa-kino.

I only watched it because S2 was already confirmed. It's pretty good and it has qts.
>>
>>84681708
But the whole show was boring and derivative.
>>
>>84680617
Netflix was the first to acquire distribution rights in that region. That is all it means. In Germany Sky managed to get some shows first so some netflix produced shows aren't even available in certain regions on netflix.
>>
>>84687586
This
>>
>>84682777
Netflix has cancelled its own shows before. Nothing is set in stone.
>>
>>84682526
it's a dumb cliffhanger for the second seasoning my dude, that show is actually one of the more engaging netflix originals.
>>
The episode of Bojack where he goes on a cross-country bender with Sarah Lynn is pure kino
>>
>>84687171
>Wet Hot American Summer
Forgot about this. I fucking love that show
>>
Soros purchased Netflix in 2015 and libcucks are in their death groan trying to produce as much liberal media as they can while people still take them seriously. Trump was supposed to be impeached 2 months ago but all that's happened is libcucks repeatedly shitting the bed and the tables being turned. They will never win another election.
>>
>>84687403
>the constant forced drama is eye rolling
Like what? It's a character drama pretending to be a comedy. I dunno what else you would watch it for because it's definitely not that funny on its own desu
>>
>>84680577
>>Peaky Blinders

Sick of shows about English ruffians going "Oi!" every five minutes. Plus that Cillian Murphy dude fucking sucks.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.