[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to spongebob? How did the show get so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2999.jpg (35KB, 355x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2999.jpg
35KB, 355x258px
What happened to spongebob?
How did the show get so bad?
>>
>>84673074
most of the old writers left, brighter color schemes, more focus on "zany" humor and shit slapstick rather than actual jokes.
>>
What are some essential episodes / seasons?
>>
>>84673144
Haven't watched spongebob in decades but I'd say my favorite episode of all time was either the butterfly one or band geek.
>>
>>84673074
The same thing that went wrong with The Simpsons: nearly all the best writers left.

>>84673144
The first 3 are considered "golden age" because that's when the original creator was working on the show. That and the movie, which was originally supposed to be the finale.
>>
>>84673074
Staff changes i guess. Seasons 9-10 are pretty good though, even if it took years of utter garbage to get to it
>>
>Chocolate...did you say chocolate?!
>>
>>84673261
>With or without nuts?
>>
>>84673178
pleb
>>
>>84673178
Fucking Normie
>>
rock bottom might be my all time favorite episode in any tv show ever
>>
File: IMG_3956.jpg (52KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3956.jpg
52KB, 700x525px
>>84673448
I love the episodes commentary on the transgender bathroom debate.
Really subtle yet powerful.
>>
>>84673144
Basically the first three seasons.

The real trick is trying to find decent episodes from beyond this point.
>>
>>84673144
First three seasons, Season 4 is where quality starts to dip.
Then it goes complete shit though I've heard the newest seasons are sort of getting back on track.
>>
File: cowards.jpg (129KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
cowards.jpg
129KB, 900x675px
I have season 1-3 on dvd. Should I listen to the commentary now that im "grown up"?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>84673845
fiirst you must acquire a taste for free form jazz
>>
>>84673074
Only the first two seasons were good, season 3 and afterwards are shit (yes that includes the movies, they're all shit)
>>
>>84673999
How can trips be so wrong?
>>
>>84673845
I listens to commentary for movies when I was a kid.
Than again I have autism.
>>
>>84673192
>the movie that should have been the conclusion
True fans will always consider Ocean Man to be the spiritual conclusion to the golden era
>>
>>84674616
what?
true fans stopped watching before the sereis even went HD.
>>
>>84674863
true fans keep watching even if it turned to shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.