[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DS9: Bad Writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>"the Defiant was designed for the sole purpose of defeating the Borg"
So let me get this straight:
>borg adapt to and defeat Enterprise D within 20 minutes of first contact
>literally immune to antimatter bombs
>decimate 40+ warships in a single engagement
>only defeated through Trojan horse exploit
How the fuck is a tiny skiff like the Defiant supposed to "defeat" the Borg? At worst they would take just one hit, laugh it off, and then slice the Defiant in two with a cutting beam.
>>
>>84671966
I don't think the Defiant was supposed to take down the Bork singlehandedly. More like a mass produced flying array of bigass guns that wouldn't normally get attached to a craft of that size. So instead of making one hugeass galaxy class ship that's just a sitting duck to a borg cube, you make 20 independently flying mini-crafts that have as much firepower as a much larger vessel.
>>
>>84671966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkinv1Ew3eI
yea it's lazy writing but w/e
>>
>>84671966
>decimate 40+ warships
That would mean they only blew up 4 ships.
>>
>>84671966
They also talk about how the threat f the Borg decreased, so they discontinued the development as it had a fair few issues.

But I dont see what's wrong here, it reduces unnecessary crew (and especially family members), you arent wasting tech like holosuites, and it can fly in fast and deal as much damage as possible.

build 20 instead of 1 Galaxy class ship for the same "cost" and come at a cube from every side simultaneously.

I dont know why they dont just have bombs though. Borg cube is easy target... so just blow it up in one huge blast
>>
>>84672920
haha, well I get it. But language evolves: as the common use changes, so too does the meaning.
>>
>>84673040
>I dont know why they dont just have bombs though.
They're called photon/quantum torpedoes.
>>
>>84672849
Exactly this.
>>
>>84672849
This
>>
>>84672849
Wrong.
>>
File: 4352345324543.jpg (214KB, 560x408px) Image search: [Google]
4352345324543.jpg
214KB, 560x408px
>>84672849
>>
>>84672849
They were also basically glass cannons. It was referenced multiple times in the show that the engines/weapons were too strong for a ship of it's size. It was designed to blow it's load and then run before the enemy can land as successful counterattack
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.