[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Coen/ Coen Brothers general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1499300914075.jpg (204KB, 760x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499300914075.jpg
204KB, 760x1024px
Which is your favorite? (Excepting No Country)

Mine ties between O Brother and Raising Arizona.
>>
Fuckin ugly
>>
Fargo and Oh Brother and Ladykiller I guess
>>
>>84670338
Of course.
>>
Burn After Reading

I still haven't watched No Country. It's been on my dvr for ages and I always have something else to watch. You made me decide to finally watch it today.

Hmmm... I still have 3 other of their movies I haven't watched. Gonna have to give them a go too. And maybe rewatch barton Fink because I saw it as a kid and don't remember anything about it except John Goodman in a room on fire.
>>
burn after reading
no country
miller's crossing
true grit

top 4
>>
Blood Simple

Emmet Walsh and Dan Edaya are magic in this movie.
>>
>>84670312
Fargo, Raising Arizona and No Country for Old Men.

>>84670410
You're going to really like it. The opening alone is beautiful.
>>
Inside Llewyn Davis
>>
Nobody will ever say The Hudsucker Proxy, so I will. Very underated comedy.
>>
>>84670410
>>84670420
>Burn After Reading
Really? Not that I'm doggin on you guys. It's just my qualms with the film is it how it relies too much on celeb entities, which gave them sales, and they knew it.

But besides that, it was classic Coens for their very simple plot yet complicated because their characters try to make it so. It doesn't sing as loudly as other of their films, but it does job.

What're your thoughts?
>>
Evil Dead

You just know Ethan was also involved even if he's not credited. At least in (Evil) spirit.
>>
>nobody mentioned Big Lebowski yet
>>
>>84670499
Literally the most overrated of Coens besides No Country.

Protip: go into a single bowling alley without seeing a reference/poster
>>
>>84670312
Top 3

Fargo
The Big Lebowski
No Country

in that order
>>
>>84670493
It's mostly a rewatch thing. Burn has a very high rewatch value compared to some of their other movies. All the actors are good amd give memorable performances. They are the plot instead of being in the plot.
>>
>>84670368
>>84670420
>>84670444
So little mentioned, can we please talk about these?
>>
>>84670499
You'll get meme'd to death if you say TBL. It's too 'popular' for 4chin now. 4chin will also try to tell you that the Fargo tv series is beter than the movie. It's not.
>>
>>84670573
I haven't watched TV Fargo, but I have been told it's better than the movie.

Then again, it's only normies who've told me this, so I can't trust that opinion. Coens are too fucking /based/ to be matched by a shitty mass-appeal TV series.
>>
>>84670566
Sure, i love the music protions in O brother, especially the baptising one and the really famous one. Ladykillers is one of those movies that just rubs me the right way.

Btw, Did anyone like Hail Caesar?
>>
>>84670643
It was okay. Felt like a Coen movie made by someone trying to copy the Coen Bro though, if that makes sense.
>>
>>84670643
I haven't seen Hail Caesar, but all the people I've known who've seen it say they saw only because the Coen Bros made it and that it was "Okay."
>>
>>84670420
How would you compare Coen Top Grit with the original?
>>
>>84670680
>>84670664
Yeah that's what it was: okay. It felt really weird and mostly unconnected to me. I really loved the dance scene with the sailors though, I'm always surprised how well Channing Tatum actually can dance.

I'd say watch it, but don't expect a masterpiece
>>
>>84670496
I had to look this up and confirm, and holy shit.
>>
>>84670643
It was good. It's very Hollywwod based and expect you to know shit about 50s movies and 50s Hollywood shennanigans.

I only saw it once, but I have a feeling it will be better the second time around.
>>
>>84670312
A serious man
>>
>>84670766
Is that the Heat Legend biopic?
>>
>>84670762
Yes, probably. I actually went to see it in the cinema because I was expecting a movie with more humour. Actually, I didn't know what it was about at all. It probably just wasn't for me, but the visuals are very pretty as always.
>>
>>84670573
yes, it's all true. Lebowsky is shit and Fargo tv > Fargo movie
>>
>>84670796
"No."
>>
>>84670312
Barton Fink, easily.
>>
>>84670312
what a pretty girl. does she have any BLACKED™ vids?
>>
File: two-days-one-night-cannes-2014-5.jpg (591KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
two-days-one-night-cannes-2014-5.jpg
591KB, 1000x563px
>Coen Brothers

Dardenne Brothers are vastly superior
>>
>>84671323
You are thinking the Farrelly brothers, my friend
>>
>>84670643
I LOVED Hail Cesar. Clooney role was perfect for him and the whole communist thing is just genius.
Plus a really good Josh Brolin carrying the movie
>>
>>84670444
blood simple was awful
>>
>>84670312
>Which is your favorite? (Excepting No Country)

A Serious Man.
>>
>>84670464
Llewyn Davis is remarkable. Definitely took a rewatch for me to appreciate it, though that's true of a lot of the Coen's films, I found I empathised a lot more with Llewyn and understood what his failings were.
>>
The Man Who Wasn't There is pretty underrated and unknown.
>>
>>84670464
>>84671533

Not Coen but since it also has Isaac, New York and nostalgic feel, did you guys like A Most Violent Year too? Too underrated imo.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.