[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like going to the kino? It feels like scam which ruins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1499083421269.png (15KB, 567x453px) Image search: [Google]
1499083421269.png
15KB, 567x453px
Do you like going to the kino? It feels like scam which ruins the whole experience for me

>expensive tickets
>expensive food
>20 mins of ads shoveled down your throat
>obnoxious people kicking your seat

I am pressured to take the missus to the cinema a couple of times a year but I always end up regretting it.
>>
>>84669571
I pay to watch movies cos I believe I am helping the company make a profit.
>>
>>84669571
>not sneaking in with a bowl of pasta after the ads are done
What the fuck
>>
>>84669619
I used to buy dvds, usually it was cheaper than a single ticket
>>
>>84669571
>expensive food
No one is making you buy the overpriced food and drinks, why do you even have to eat or drink while watching?
And if you really are that pathetic that you have to shove food and soda down your throat to be able to enjoy a film then I'm pretty sure you can just sneak whatever food from outside without anyone caring at all.

>20 mins of ads shoveled down your throat
Not if you reserve your seats. One click on the computer/phone, get in about 10-15 minutes after so you get to the very end of the trailers and sit in my perfectly placed seat all without a single second of waiting anywhere.

>obnoxious people kicking your seat
Never happened in my entire life, feels good not to live in degenerate america.

And I don't know about you, but I don't have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right at my home or a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through.
>>
>>84669854
no, I'm not merrikan. As I said, I'm mostly peer pressured into going and for some popcorn is staple at the cinema, so there's that

Here when you reserve your seats you have to get them 30 mins before the screening starts (and I mean ads and trailers). You can outright buy them online, but then you have to pay a 'convenience fee' for doing so, I'm not even joking. Plus had to solve like 3 captchas to buy, dumb rules you can't leave single seats empty etc.

I don't have a projector, but don't need one because not watching the screen from 20 meters.

Not to mention the benefits like stopping the play anytime I want, or rewatch a scene at the end if I feel like to
>>
>>84670084
>Not to mention the benefits like stopping the play anytime I want
I would even argue that that is not a benefit.
The thing is when you go to a theater you sit in your seat and can't do nothing else but watch the film and experience it as a whole like the director intended too, not to pause it every 15 minutes to refill your snacks/go take a piss/answer your phone/not paying attention then rewinding/make a dumb thread on 4chan etc

Just go to the bathroom before watching the film and you're good to go.
>>
>>84670183
if you can't stop yourself from interrupting a movie you're watching without good reason, and consequently want that control taken away from you, then you have metal issues which go beyond movie watching
>>
>>84670183
also some films are 2h30m - if you really need to pee but you're forced to sit there being distracted, that's even worse than what the director intended, and i'm sure that they would rather the experience involve no distractions and a small pause than the inverse.
>>
>>84669571
>expensive tickets
>expensive food

Are you living off an allowance your mom gives you?
>>
>>84669619
>there are still piratefags that are so retarded and oblivious to how their actions shape what movies get produced
>>
File: 1457671073020.jpg (21KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1457671073020.jpg
21KB, 396x385px
>tfw small local theater
>only pay 5€ for my ticket most of the time (5,6813 in burger currency)
>only a few local ads and mostly trailers
>bring my own food
>I avoid pleb films so the theater is often mostly empty (was completely alone recently)
>>
>>84670183
This is the reason I hate watching movies at home with my family.

>"Pause it while I'm in the bathroom."
>"Pause it while I get a snack."
>"Run it back. I was checking my texts."

I grew up in an era where movies were still events. You planned for them. You didn't interrupt them because you couldn't. If the phone rang, the machine got it.

In other words, I'm old.

It took the modern world to make me appreciate the importance of ritual and allocating time. There is an alarming number of people today who no longer appreciate the dynamics of actual storytelling and only process information irrespective of the fact that how a story is told is the art, what is *said* is just raw data. Like machines, they ignore context and theme and instead parse out only the most banal elements of what they watch.

It's both infuriating and a little creepy. I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots that think regurgitating knowledge is the same thing as intelligence. It's not. I think I could count on one hand the number of thought-provoking insights I've heard from other people in my daily life in the past week.

It's one of the things that keeps me coming back to this site. For all the idiots and trolls, at least I'm going to encounter something that might provoke me to think, to articulate my own thoughts, even if it's only in response to someone who's little more than a parrot spewing someone else's opinions behind a mask of anonymity.
>>
>>84669571
Nah I like it. Cinemas are always empty now except on Marvel opening nights and EVERYONE goes to the back seats.

I sit in the middle or near the front and it's like I have the cinema to myself.

Really looking forward to Dunkirk.
>>
Just go to a independent cinema somewhere close if there are any. There's a few in my city and I only go to them - the tickets are generally cheaper. There's also film festivals where you can get deals or something.
>>
>>84669571
>>84669571
I go at least once a week every week, This week I saw "The House" and "Baby Driver". Next Week I'll probably go for "The Mummy".

Sometimes I even pay 22 bucks a ticket so I can see a movie in the motion 4d theater local to me because I find the experience so enjoyable.
>>
File: kids these days.jpg (50KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
kids these days.jpg
50KB, 448x336px
>>84672608
>>
>>84672608
love this pasta
>>
>>84672744
I've heard good things about Baby Driver, and I've never seen an Edgar Wright film I didn't like. Definitely gonna see it at some point.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.