[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes a real now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: The Rake.jpg (127KB, 843x604px) Image search: [Google]
The Rake.jpg
127KB, 843x604px
I was watching a few episodes Monsters and Mysteries in America today and one that had aired in 2014 had an entire segment dedicated to The Rake. In this segment a fat, late 30s-early 40's Gothic woman claimed that in her youth she was haunted by a mysterious grim-reaper like spirit called The Rake while she attended a catholic boarding school. This entity resembled a tall lanky black entity with long, clawed fingers.

Now I'm not a meme historian but If I recall correctly "The Rake" was a meme monster devised by /x/ some time prior to 09 (when it was invaded by /b/ and killed) in order to force a new fakelore meme monster once they decided Slendermeme was cancer. That is to say, The Rake was never an actual fakelore entity and was always and pet project of /x/. What then is this fat goth bitch claiming she was "haunted" by a well known internet creepypasta all the way back in the eighties? Have these travel channel paranormal shows really gotten to the point where they're just passing off fabricated legends and sell them to people as genuine mysteries with genuine witnesses?

Now perhaps Erie Pennsylvania does have a small scale legend about an entity called the Rake, the creature in the show only resembled the monster in terms of clawed hands and the creepypasta never suggests Rake is an evil spirit. But google reveals jack shit about any such legend and the creepy pasta surrounding The Rake suggests it lurks in NY/Pennsylvania area.

Therefore, these urban legend shows are literally resorting to fake lore memes and passing them off as genuine. How many legends have shows like these actually wasted time filming when they were never actually based on any actual legend? Shit like this kills culture.
>>
File: meme.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>84664832
>>
>>84664885
You aren't my cat.
>>
>the rake
Canada is fucked.
>>
>>84664885
>think he's on /x/
>"Jeramy, are you still up?!?"
>I know it's the summer, but you gotta get some sleep.
>your Dad sounded pissed
>you work tomorrow at DQ
>don't fall asleep again, mid Blizzard
>>
File: Day of the Rake.jpg (371KB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Day of the Rake.jpg
371KB, 1424x1068px
>>84665112
>>
>>84665357
You couldn't have found a better picture of him to use here.
>>
I remember when the rake was first written and then spin off stories were flooded onto creepy pasta. Everything about it was unoriginal derivative shit but I thought that was the point.
>>
File: raking leaves.jpg (85KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
raking leaves.jpg
85KB, 600x792px
>>84665374
Would you have preferred that I stuck a little Canadian flag in this pile of meat instead? There aren't that many images of The Rake killing people.
>>
>>84665465
I wasn't asking if you could, it really is the best picture you could have found.
>>
>>84664832
Are you just now figuring out that monster and ghost shows are 99.99999% bullshit?

Are you fucking 12?
>>
>>84665482
I realized you ended the sentence with a period rather than a question mark, changes the entire tone of the sentence. My mistake.
>>
>>84665556
It's ok, I'm not mad at you.
>>
>>84665483
I know they're bullshit, but the bullshit was always the "investigations" and interviews and all the shit they try to pull to try and convince the audience some spooky shit has or is happening on camera.

However, I didn't think they were so bullshit that they wouldn't just take memes off the internet and expect people not to just google it and realize there was no genuine legend to begin with.

If a show does a hunt for Sasquatch at least you know that Bigfoot is an established thing. If they're talking about finding Mothman or Nessie you also know that those things are actually based on something.

There are loads of authentic urban legends and lore to make a shitty investigation or "Reenactment Encounter" show about and in that sense you can at least try to create the illusion of being genuine.

But using blatant fakelore that is HEAVILY documented retards like know your memes? That is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>84665743
Well, you're retarded and naive then.
>>
>>84664832
It's quite possible that she's like the slenderman girl. A schizo who saw shit when she was younger and then identified her childhood visions with The Rake meme.
>>
>>84664832
>some time prior to 09
That feels like just yesterday. I've been here too fucking long.
>>
File: 1497479302068.png (1MB, 913x740px) Image search: [Google]
1497479302068.png
1MB, 913x740px
>>84665803
Alright, how many other times have you seen a show completely fake an urban legend? I'm not talking about something easy like haunting shows where they have a contained story that would be impossible to find "evidence" for with obviously paid actors.

I mean something that deals with larger scale legends where based on their claims you could find evidence.
>>
File: Too old for this clique.jpg (115KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Too old for this clique.jpg
115KB, 960x1440px
>>84665811
She could be just someone who's like the ancient aliens guy, and actor who's specialty is convincing you he's autistic.
No one this age would still be dressing like this. Literally "Trust me I was a vamp kid once" the look.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.