[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sopranos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: tonytonytony.jpg (72KB, 533x712px) Image search: [Google]
tonytonytony.jpg
72KB, 533x712px
When does this show really start getting as great as everyone says it is? I'm having trouble powering through the first season.

Seeking honest answers with as little spoilery shit as possible.
>>
Everyone who claims it's great thinks Tony died in the end. It's complex but severely flawed and probably subpar when compared to works such as The Wire or John from Cincinnati.
>>
If you watch to episode 5, which is titled "College", and didn't get any feeling of liking it, it isn't for you.

Many claim that episode when people started realizing that it was more than just a crime show, and I agree with them.
>>
Maybe you should just stick to Game of Redditors, kid.
>>
>>84664801
It was a great show, but it kind of got a huge boost from how different it was and how "raw" it was at the time it came out. It kinda got the edgy factor because every other show was so tame compared to it. Toward the end of season 1 it picks up. If by the end of season 1 you still don't like it, then you likely won't like any of it.
>>
>>84664801
when you watch it 10 years ago
>>
>>84664801
>When does this show really start getting as great as everyone says it is? I'm having trouble powering through the first season.
>
>Seeking honest answers with as little spoilery shit as possible.
If you have to ask you'll never know.
>>
>>84664801
Season 1 is pretty weak. The production value ramps up in season 2 and rockets to the stratosphere from 3 to 6.
>>
>>84664801
WATCH IT, CERSEI
>>
>>84666919
season one is the best though. It's the most pure
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpdzI7z2Cxo

fucking kino
>>
Season 4.
>>
kys
>>
tony dies in season 2
>>
File: 1498219591370.jpg (188KB, 717x716px) Image search: [Google]
1498219591370.jpg
188KB, 717x716px
>>84664801
its about people dealing with life, amd they just so happen to be either in the mob or connected to it in some way.

Its like looking at one of those old paintings of a guy sitting at a table eating food, at first glance it doesnt seem like anything, but the more you look at it the more you appreciate how the painter managed to capture something so simple, so basic, but something that anyone and everyone can relate to, sitting at a table and eating food. Its a window into life, his life, just like this show is a window into their life, all its glamour and all its dull moments.

Its beautiful.
>>
>>84664801
>this show really start getting as great as everyone says it is
It doesn't, but there's definite merit to it if you like that kind of thing, but you might not, so you can stop watching it by season 2 because it's mostly the same.
>>
>>84667597
>its about people dealing with life,
This anon is right and it explains why it's so fucking dull and nothing consequential happens that changes the types of stories. Skip to the last season and they're still doing the same shit and the style is really the same, so don't expect there to be any shift in tone that will make you like it. If you don't like it now, you not only have good taste, but won't like it eventually.
>>
>>84664801
Serious answer: Season 2 is when it picks up from being a cheesy-but-charming Goodfellas spin-off into something darker in tone and more 'grounded'.
>>
>>84664801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGG6NWi35Ic
find a better episode ending in tv
protip: you can't
>>
>>84666313
This. There were no other shows at the time with such following that represented the characters with such a raw, authentic, grittiness mixed with the ridiculous use of violence, nudity, and cursing. Imagine something like Goodfellas the tv show.

It was an extreme contrast of everything non-HBO. In some ways it came to define the network and just how different their programming could be
>>
>>84667597
Fuckin regularness of life.
>>
>>84664801
Serious answer is it's not that good. Just like all the gangster films, it has a huge circlejerk around it for no apparent reason. People like gangster what can I say
>>
File: MELFI.jpg (169KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
MELFI.jpg
169KB, 1200x800px
i had no fucking idea Melfi was the housewife from Goodfellas..

>YOU DID WHAT MELFI ?
>THAT WAS WORTH SIXTY THOUSAND MELFI !!!
>>
>>84668325
And of course, Christopher was the kid Tommy killed. How many actors were taken from Goodfellas?
>>
File: GOOMBA.png (1MB, 1275x679px) Image search: [Google]
GOOMBA.png
1MB, 1275x679px
>>84668403

even paulie was an extra in the fat guy (paulie's) gang.

the italian-american actors had a sweet thing going while all of these nice things were getting produced.
>>
>>84664801
It took a while to grow on me as well, the more episodes you watch the better it gets.
>>84666201
Wrong
>>
>>84668500
>Wrong
sick thanks dude, didn't look at it like that
>>
>>84668540
glad i could open your mind
>>
>>84664801
it gets exponentially better as the show goes along. season 3 was where it started to feel like a masterpiece to me, but season 2 is significantly better than 1 as well. if ever there was a show to stick with, it's the sopranos. and you can get a taste of some great scenes from later seasons that don't spoil anything. virtually the entire series is on youtube
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.