[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got out of Baby Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I liked it a lot except I have two issues

1. why did Baby ever agree to go on with the heist after they shot the crooked cops? He could've said no and fugged off

2. Wtf was that ending? either he and his girl didn't age at all in five years and his girl stayed with him or he appealed and got his sentenced lessened but they didn't show that shit
>>
>>84658539
1) bats would have literally killed him if he fucked up his plans

2) the ending was shit, yeah
>>
Honestly I was close to giving the movie 10 out of 10, and then those last 40 seconds seemed so forced
>>
>>84658539
I thought the ending was suppose to be his fantasy and not reality. At least not the reality he will experience yet but will when he gets out later in life.

I thought the beginning of the movie was way too strong for the rest of it too, the introduction of his character and that first heist was great, then the opening credits tracking shot right after that was really enjoyable. I also liked the Was he slow song too.
>>
Yeah the first 25 minutes or so is so consistently fantastic that it tricked me into loving the movie.

I was insanely let down by the rest, but it's so strong a start that it almost doesn't matter.
>>
>>84660503
>I also liked the Was he slow song too.
like, legitimately or in the moment? the action song is dumb, but it serves a purpose in the film
>>
>>84660665
>action
actual*
>>
>>84660665
Yeah I liked the song itself and what they did with it. It was so ridiculous that there was no way anyone would ever believe it which was great.
>>
>>84660718
i liked this bit cause ansel elgort is a dj himself. not a super famous one but hes got his own stuff on spotify
>>
>>84660801
Had no idea about that. Pretty cool.
>>
>>84660406
Same bruh

The music aesthetic/gimmick was great. Flowed really well. But they really didn't want to take any chances with the story
>>
>>84658539

At the ending - the whole story is a fable. Once you see it this way it fits.
>>
Edgat has never grabbed me. British craftsman, but no fire. I felt it was Tarantino siphoned through Raimi. Felt I'd seen it before. Bats was less developed than a Marvel villain. The end didn't work for me--why go Wild at Heart all of a sudden?
>>
>>84658539
Someone mentioned that the ending would have been a lot better if they ended it as he was surrendering. If they played Baby Driver over that moment (with the opening bass note playing over the key being tossed) that would have been a depressing but damn near perfect ending.

>>84660647
I actually ended up watching it a 4th time because of that. I went in with my family for free and was like "I'll stay for like 1 or 2 songs" and then I remembered the Tequila shootout was later on.
>>
>>84658539
How did she not get sentenced for helping a fugitive?
How did he get 5 years?
How did they not know which car to follow by the license plate?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.