[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Hack the Planet"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Hackers-Blu-ray-081815.jpg (208KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Hackers-Blu-ray-081815.jpg
208KB, 970x545px
Let's have a pure 90s thread. With all that's going on, let's go back to the sunny days of the 90s with "Hackers". Sure, it's bad. And dated. And filled with crap. But hot damn if it's not a happy classic.
>>
Trainspotting
Matrix
Terminator 2
Total recall
Starship troopers
Spaced
Trek tng
All those space operas event horizon cowboy Bebop mission to Mars too many goat movies to mention
>>
>>84651890
REEEEE THERE IS A BLACK MAN AND A WOMAN IN THAT FLICK
REEEEE HACKERS ISNT KINO BECAUSE IT PORTRAYS CORPORATIONS AS EVIL
REEEEE MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>84651997
total recall is 80s
>>
File: 1495062800181.jpg (39KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
1495062800181.jpg
39KB, 720x539px
>>84652084
Aww so 2016 how cute
>>
>>84651890

Hackers isn't really about Hacking though. It's about social dynamics, counter-cultures and masks.

I unironically love the movie hackers. It's way ahead of its time. The facades people can display and personas they can have in the internet. You're a completely different person in this world. Yet the rewards come with great risks. It's almost like a super hero film in this sense that the people close to you can become targets by enemies.

The story has a line at the end from Libby, if Dade had said who he was from the start they could have saved a lot of trouble. His previous persona was known to be an expert, but he had dropped it and was living as Dade with a new handle. Very interesting concepts, that he wanted to be recognized for who he was now, not then.
>>
>>84652115
It's literally 1990

Unless u consider movies that started production in 1989 80s movies in which case all good
>>
>>84652154
i do
>>
>>84652140
The hacking isn't even realistic.

I agree about the idea you put forward that it's more about social Dynamics and edgyness

Literally a 90s version of Mr robot
>>
File: thefaculty.jpg (199KB, 1315x856px) Image search: [Google]
thefaculty.jpg
199KB, 1315x856px
whats this guys haircut called?
>>
>>84652205
That is acceptable.

I personally love predator 2 so I'll go with that instead.

Oh and last action hero and true lies
>>84652238
Army/Bob or bowl cut

90s fashion and hair is dates but ironically coming back in style since the whole 1900s hipster look is gay
>>
>>84652238
"the Sasuke"
>>
>>84652298
jk i didnt know it was 1990
>>
I watched this again a couple years back, and yeah, it was shockingly ahead of its time.

Lol "hacking" through big swoopy 3D VR cityscapes on 90s Macs

also lol hacking on 90s Macs
>>
>>84652394
Don't forget 256 386 and 408 laptops.... Lellll
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.