[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Psycho?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: normie bates.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
normie bates.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
I know 99% of you plebs have probably not watched it all, but here is a thread anyway.

Does Psycho stand the test of time?

I watched it the other day and quite enjoyed it. Of course it is not scary. Moments like pic related had me laughing (although I suspect there must have been some people laughing even in 1960).

Overall, it's a good film with good characters. The 'twists' would be great if they were still unknown to the audience (impossible nowadays). Norman is somewhat sympathetic and likeable. He has his little vices but no one is perfect. There are also lots of little things you notice when you rewatch it. Deep foreshadowing.

Opinions?
>>
>>84651029
YOU're a NIggeR
>>
Great music. Great simple story. It all makes sense she has to keep running cause she fucked up stealing the money. The films plays out like a possible scenario which is how i always judge movies, so when Normans mum turns up that makes it all the more scary.
>>
File: 1496415047048.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1496415047048.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>>84652194
>The films plays out like a possible scenario which is how i always judge movies
>>
>>84651029
>one of the most well known films ever made
>by one of the most popular directors
>le you guys have le not prolly not le watched Psycho
>well it's le not scary lol, such an old movie lol

So much projection. Not everyone is an underageb& like yourself, OP.
>>
>>84651029

Degenerate trash from the degenerate Brits.
>>
>>84651029
i watched it for the first and only time like 2 years ago. It's surprisingly fresh in how the movie is about this girl that steals the money for half the movie, then she gets killed and it goes on like no big deal. I dunno if im making myself clear but if you've seen the movie you'd understand.
The whole he was the mother doing the killings all along is spoiled for everyone since forever, yeah, but that barely takes away any enjoyability from the movie, although it's no masterpiece either. It's just a good movie that does stand the test of time
>>
It's not scary but it's suspenful (if you haven't watched it)
>>
The one thing I dislike is when the psychiatrist character comes out at the end and basically explains the movie for the audience. "So you see, Norman has a split personality. A personality which is split. Not a whole personality, but a split one. And this second personality is his mother, who has taken over."

It's so fucking necessary. All the clues for this have already been given to the audience. And the final scene is Norman sitting thinking in his mother's voice. We really did not a scene in between where Basil Exposition spells it all out for us in a lengthy monologue.
>>
>>84652759
yeah, this really kills the ending of the film. iirc, the studio had him add it because the concept of DID or MPD wasn't common knowledge back then and they were afraid audiences wouldn't understand it.
>>
Fun Fact: before this movie people would just randomly show up and walk into any movie that was currently showing
But because of main character being killed off half way into the film everyone who showed up late couldn't figure out where she was.
So they all started to show up on time to see the entire film from Beginning
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.