[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think we can officially mark the end of the capeshit craze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: homecoming.jpg (228KB, 833x1200px) Image search: [Google]
homecoming.jpg
228KB, 833x1200px
I think we can officially mark the end of the capeshit craze after this pile of dog shit.

>Plus the rapid decline in popularity and Marvel pumping movies out like breastmilk doesn't help it either.

Wonder Woman is the only thing that's got you faggots saved.
>>
well thanks for making a new thread about it, it's not like there were several other active threads you could have posted this in
>>
>>84644718
It's a great film tho
>>
>making the exact same fucking movie in less than 15 years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWJ-JgVS7Q
>>
But there isn't anything to replace it yet...

>godzilla-verse?
>Dark universe?

You can't expect Hollywood to just come up with original ideas for films...
>>
>>84644816

>>making the exact same fucking movie in less than 15 years

oh is this a transformers thread now?
>>
>>84644816
3 times alreafy
>>
>>84644753
Oh you've seen it already?
>>
>>84644718
>Capeshit is dead guis!
>WW is literally still raking money after one month
Nigger at best Marvel is dead, this movie needs to do at least 1.5 billion to even break even.
>>
>>84644929
>this movie needs to do at least 1.5 billion to even break even.

Don't worry, Sony is full of great ideas for 2 billion dollar movies
>>
File: 1462858924222.png (2MB, 800x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1462858924222.png
2MB, 800x1114px
its a good movie, stop being buttmad about it
>>
>>84644861
soon we will have a pure ape-kino universe
>>
File: iwwQGDndm2E1A.jpg (3MB, 2135x3000px) Image search: [Google]
iwwQGDndm2E1A.jpg
3MB, 2135x3000px
>>84644861
I'm 100% buying into Godzilla's MonsterVerse
>>
Every year we all say "CAPESHIT IS OVER" and every year a capeshit flick ends up being a huge hit. I'm done holding my breathe, capeshit will go strong for at least another 2 years. Maybe things will start to decline after Infinity War 2.
>>
>>84644861
>universal have the ability to make monster/kaiju universe
sounds good
>>
>>84645408
When they reboot the whole universe, because comics do that, that will kill the craze,
>>
>>84645408
Infinity War is going to be so clogged up with characters, I cant imagine any of them having enough screentime for character development.

Normies don't even understand what the infiniti stones bullshit is or what the gauntlet is or who thanos is. All that will have most of the movie. Rest will be mindless action.

I'm betting on Infiniti War on being a stinker. I wouldn't be surprised if it sees a similar box office disaster to BvS.
>>
>>84645516
What you just said defines Spiderman Homecoming
>>
File: IM ACTING.webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
IM ACTING.webm
3MB, 960x400px
>>84644718
>Wonder Woman is the only thing that's got you faggots saved.
This DC shilling is so obvious it's probably a false flag.
>>
Did we already forget that Guardians 2 was massively successful and came out in May
>>
File: dc.png (243KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
243KB, 712x712px
>>84645673
DELET THIS
>>
>>84645673
I honestly did forget that it already came and went, I recently looked up what films are coming out this year and was surprised I didn't see it in August like the first one before I remembered it was already released. I heard no one talk about it at all, even on /tv/ there didn't seem to be the usual amount of reaction threads to a new movie. Perhaps when it comes out on Blu-ray or a quality torrent comes out then discussion will pick up but overall to me the movie just came and went with no hype or staying power.
>>
>>84644861
The Death Note and GitS movies were just warm-ups, Hollywood is going to try a Shonen Jump cinematic universe starting with Naruto.
>>
>>84645858
>even on /tv/ there didn't seem to be the usual amount of reaction threads to a new movie
Absolute bullshit. The threads were constantly on page one for weeks.
>>
File: 1497332716549.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1497332716549.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>>84644718
You're a special brand of oblivious if you think Spider-Man can fail.
>>
>>84645988
I just recall the usual >reddit threads and the attempt to force the "mary poppins" meme. Other than that nothing
>>
>>84644718
I just saw it. It's a real mixed bag.

I appreciated the small callbacks to Iron Man 1 and The Avengers in setting up Keaton's character. In fact Keaton is literally the only reason to watch this film, he's punching way above the weight of everyone else as Toomes. The CGI is noticeably bad throughout, some scenes worse than others. It feels like two movies stitched together, on the one hand you have the usual solid-if-unspectacular Marvel fare, on the other you have Amy Pascal's magical ruining abilities hard at work (she's directly credited numerous times, including as a producer and as her "studio" within Sony she was given a golden parachute into, Pascal Pictures) giving us an unnecessary and generally annoying ethnically-ambiguous fat comedy sidekick character, not one but two black potential love interests (Liz is excusable because her ethnicity actually makes the twist more of a surprise somehow, at least) one of whom may actually be this version's MJ. Ham-fisted commentary on the Washington monument being built by slaves jammed into an action setpiece. Painful and bizarrely out-of-touch attempts to be hip with the kids yo throughout. Strangely inappropriate Ramones and Rolling Stones songs on the soundtrack. Flash Thompson is now a rich Indian nerd who is somehow also a bully and has utter contempt for his friend's lives yet gets away with it. I could go on.

When the film focuses on Parker, Stark and Tomes, it's at the very least watchable. As soon as it cuts to more high school bullshit it's a rambling, boring, slightly unsettling snooze-fest.
>>
File: IMG_20170705_114051.jpg (398KB, 833x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_114051.jpg
398KB, 833x1200px
>>84644718
>>
>>84644718
>mcucks explanation why there is no avengers tower in tv shows is because avengers tower is gone
>in spider-man homecoming there's clearly an avengers tower

I wonder how you bunch of fucks are going to explain this.

Face it, tv shows are non-canon.
>>
>>84646258
>>mcucks explanation why there is no avengers tower in tv shows is because avengers tower is gone
Literally no one argues this.
>>
So long as Snyder can finish his Superman trilogy I'm good.
>>
File: car and man not happy with gun.jpg (37KB, 507x372px) Image search: [Google]
car and man not happy with gun.jpg
37KB, 507x372px
>>84646081
when will someone just shoot Pascal
>>
>>84644718
Too soon OP

Cape shit will start to die after infinite war. lots of people wanna see how the battle with Thanos will play out then once that's done won't give a fuck. Not to mention it will be hard to top a climax like that if it's pulled off right
>>
File: mcu.png (346KB, 676x819px) Image search: [Google]
mcu.png
346KB, 676x819px
>>84647793
>t-this time, r-r-right guys?
The MCU will outlast you, anon.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.