[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to ruin a 9/10 movie in the last 15 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: v1[1].jpg (23KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1[1].jpg
23KB, 206x305px
What drugs were they on?
>>
>>84642860
Nothing was ruined, you assholes are just picky.
>>
>>84642860
the last 15 minutes is a pleb filter
>>
>>84642916
this cracked me up
>>
File: 1490718558368.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490718558368.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>movie goes from cinema to kino
>ruined
>>
>>84642981
it's supposed to be a hallucination, whenever I see someone complain about it it's because they stupidly took the ending at face value
>>
>pic unrelated
>>
>>84642860
>First 50 minutes are boring
>rest of the film is god-tier
I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>84643026
so what happened while they were hallucinating?
>>
>>84643102
looking forward to his answer.
>>
>>84643102
the last 15 minutes, I think we covered that already
>>
It's not even the last 15 minutes, it's like a 15 minute patch 20 minutes before the end, the actual ending inside the bomb/on Earth is great
>>
>>84643026
>>84643102
There was no hallucination. They had fallen deep into the Sun's gravity well, where the rules of time and space are different.
>>
>>84643163
ok guess that explains the zombie shit
>>
>>84643026
t. 19 year old "film aficionado"
>>
>>84642860
That ending was insane
>getting chased by a monster being while time and space distort around you because you are on the biggest nuke in history flying into the middle of the goddamn sun so you can detonate it to save the world
Idk about you anons but thats good shit
>>
>>84643222
you can project whatever you want onto me. I'm not even saying the movie is good
>>
>>84643258
Back. The Fuck. Off.
>>
>>84643361
*Raises paw*
>>
>>84643026
wrong, completely wrong
>>
Searle: It would, of course, be absurd to alter our trajectory to assist the crew of the Icarus I. Even if we knew that some or even all of that crew are still alive, their lives are entirely expendable when seen in the context of our mission. As are our own lives.
Mace: Exactly.
Searle: However, there is something on board the Icarus I that may be worth the detour. As you pointed out, Mace, we have a payload to deliver. A payload, singular. Now, everything about the delivery and effectiveness of that payload is entirely theoretical. Simply put, we don't know if it's gonna work. But what we do know is this: if we had two bombs, we'd have two chances.
Kaneda: You're assuming we'd be able to pilot Icarus I.
Searle: Yes.
Trey: Which is assuming that whatever stopped them completing the mission wasn't a fault or a damage to the spacecraft.
Searle: Yes.
Mace: It's a lot of assumptions.
Searle: It is. It's a risk assessment. The question is: does the risk of a detour outweigh the benefits of an extra payload?
Mace: We'll have a vote.
Searle: No. No, we won't. We are not a democracy. We're a collection of astronauts and scientists, so we're gonna make the most informed decision available to us.
Mace: Made by you, by any chance?
Kaneda: Made by the person best qualified to understand the complexities of payload delivery: our physicist.
>>
>>84643415
Searle and Kappa almost killed all mankind with their autism.
>>
>>84643411
why
>>
>>84642860

Kino scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GhoLAto8Vo

I would post Capa's jump scene since that's even more sublime kino but I can't find it
>>
>>84643603
I thought the same thing as well why couldnt they just blow the bomb up the first time then just go back for the second one?
>>
File: Pandorum+Poster[1].jpg (91KB, 514x755px) Image search: [Google]
Pandorum+Poster[1].jpg
91KB, 514x755px
Slightly related. This goes from sci-fi kino to generic dogshit action flick to sci-fi kino in the last 15 minutes again. Wasted potential.
>>
>>84643840
I thought it was good
Sure it was going for the hollywood stuff
But the visuals were awesome and i was actually suprised by the ending and to think if you were in either of those characters position
>>
File: 1468576555983.jpg (67KB, 960x736px) Image search: [Google]
1468576555983.jpg
67KB, 960x736px
>>84643744
Kind of raises the question of what the fuck the Icarus I or II were going to do once they bomb was released. There was a little bit of shield left where the bomb was attached that would have protected it, sure, but as far as I could tell the only engine was at the back of the Icarus, how were they going to burn away from the sun without turning the ship around and exposing it to direct sunlight?
I guess they probably had smaller manoeuvrable thrusters but would they have had enough force/fuel/etc to get the ship all the way back to Earth? And if they dropped the bomb off presumably as close as they could get without getting roasted wouldn't they have to worry about the increased intensity of the sun once the bomb detonated? Wouldn't the 'danger zone' expand in a major way?
I mean I guess once the job is done they're pretty expendable but they make a point of mentioning the fact that do or at least did intend to return before the events of the movie.
>>
>>84644429
If I recall correctly, right at the start of the movie they said they had oxygen for a quarter of the way back home.
That basically meant "we can complete the mission without worrying about the O2 but then we'll die"
>>
>>84643688

yeah they removed it a while ago.

Sunshines soundtrack was great btw(although every film trailer uses "surface of the sun " nowadays)
>>
Just watched this yesterday, actually. It was pretty cool but the ending sucked ass. It made me nauseous.
>>
>>84646025
That was after the first disaster, at the very beginning they were actually planning to come back
>>
>>84642860
>le confusing oxygen for fuel maymay, causing the air to catch fire
10/10 times you see this, you know it's going to be a shit plot
>>
>>84643163
>the Sun's gravity well, where the rules of time and space are different.
lol wut? It's not a fucking black hole retard, we know perfectly well how space and time behave in such low gravity environment.
>>
File: bird.jpg (89KB, 570x385px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
89KB, 570x385px
>>84642860
I was completely in love with this movie until the third act. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>84643688
Cool scene but I'm pretty sure that the sun wouldn't obliterate you like that from that distance. Weren't they near Mercury? They're still tens of millions of miles away from the sun at that point
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
>that part where the crazy guy's arm gets degloved
>>
>>84643026
actually the main character is in a coma back on earth imagining the entire mission, but here is the twist: it is really just a movie, none of it is real. Blew your mind yet?
>>
>>84643744
It's not really that simple when you consider that Mercury is orbiting around the sun and neither the ship nor the planet are on the same orbital inclination. Really it would probably have been impossible for them to get there at all without insane luck or an absurd amount of fuel
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (52KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
52KB, 600x597px
>nooooo don't blend genres I want the same quip cape crap for thousandth time

fuck the haters I like the ending
>>
File: big_1411088499_1389967462_image.jpg (117KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
big_1411088499_1389967462_image.jpg
117KB, 1280x544px
>>84642860
>last 15 minutes

But this would include the objectively GOAT final five minutes, i.e. Capa activating the bomb and the epilogue on Earth. Only problem was Pinbacker going on a murder spree instead of being a purely psychological villain. He was supposed to act as a counterpart to Searle, but we only find out his motivation in a last-minute monologue, because for reasons unknown most of his screentime was dedicated to acting out schlock horror tropes.
>>
When Kapa came to observation room looking for 5th human I thought that this was hatching God. Like God decided that it's time to humanity to die and when someone is close to interfering his plan he appears and kills everybody with his own hands(and that guy
on the first ship wasn't crazy).I was kind of disappointed when it was just naked absolute madman who sneak up on ship
>>
>>84647906
>happy ending
>good

I want an alternate ending were the girl stays all day looking at the sun and nothing happens, humanity is doomed. If I ever direct a movie I will pull a The Mist, that's for sure.
>>
>>84647906
>we only find out his motivation in a last-minute monologue
What motivation? He's just a nutjob who went insane during the journey, which is literally the laziest possible characterization they could have given him.

Also, Capa activating the bomb makes no fucking sense. Why would they build a bomb that you can enter from the ship? Even if you could enter it, why would you be able to activate it from the inside?
>>
>>84647326
So I didn't just imagine that.
>>
>>84643163
>I watched Interstellar so potato
>>
>>84648055
I'm kind of disappointed that our society is set up in such a way that retards like you continue to be able to live instead of dying off like you should.
>>
>>84648339
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>84648184
His problem was that he wasn't characterised, except for one line delivered far too late. Like I said, Pinbacker was supposed to be an antagonistic counterpart to Searle, between his obsession with the sun, his attempt to sacrifice to it and their contrasting mental states (one is a psychologist, the other is insane). Only unlike Searle, who successfully sacrificed himself to save others, Pinbacker failed to sacrifice others for his own goals.

At heart, Pinbacker's motivation is no more lazy than any other character, the lazy part is how they delivered it (or didn't deliver it). Instead of giving him dialogue, they went down the slasher route and had him be a mindless zombie for 90% of the time he was relevant to the plot. His actual character and motivation were a complete afterthought to the script writer, and on a film that's so heavily based around characters and their interactions, this completely killed the pacing right when things should've been ramping up for the finale.
>>
How come danny boyle can't do a fucking third act?
>>
>>84647028
are you trolling or just oblivious to the complexity of special relativity?
>>
>>84643688

>Capa's jump

There isnt a proper clip on youtube but you can watch it here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33l4lo

Love the movie but this is an absolutely kinographic scene.
The final third is disappointing but I always felt the rest of the movie made up for it
>>
>>84649027
>How come danny boyle can't do a fucking third act?

This is true for everything he does, even the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony
>>
>>84649371
There used to be a clip on Youtube. I'd spam it in every thread. Guess it finally got pulled.
>>
File: 1496150529470.jpg (2MB, 2048x858px) Image search: [Google]
1496150529470.jpg
2MB, 2048x858px
>>84647906
I will never forget Searle. I thought he would be the crazy guy that kills them all but he was such a pure human being.
>>
This movie came THIS fucking close to becoming an unwatchable clusterfuck by having a forced romance and sex scene in the oxygen garden.
>>
>>84643840
I liked it better on my Xbox 360 when it was called Dead Space.
>>
File: highasfuck.png (196KB, 378x300px) Image search: [Google]
highasfuck.png
196KB, 378x300px
>>84649201
>>
>>84642860
Even if that's correct, I'm tired of seeing Reddit opinions here.

>>84651907
I liked it better on my Gamecube when it was called Resident Evil 4 or on my VHS player when it was called Event Horizon.
>>
>>84647284
They did a behind the scenes feature with Brian Williams (I think that's his name) the physicist consulting on the movie

Basically the movie takes place in an altered reality where the properties of the sun/physics are somewhat different

>losing coms due to solar wind only as far out as mercury
>being insta incinerated by the sun that far out
>being able to restart something the size of the sun with a giant nuke

Otherwise the movie doesn't work. Simply accept the conditions of the movie as they are to begin with and be happy
>>
>>84642916
Actually, it's a reversed pleb filter
>>
The fact that not one person dramatically looked at the camera and said "it's daylight savings time" is a fuckin travasty
>>
>>84647028

>the suns well
>low gravity

are you actually retarded
>>
>>84652724
>or on my VHS player when it was called Event Horizon.
I liked it better when it was called solar crisis.
>>
>Sun is dying
>Have crazy last ditch effort to save earth
>Need a spaceship to fly to the sun
>Name it after the fuckup that didn't follow instructions and got himself killed
>They're forced to send another mission after the first one doesn't follow instructions and fucks up
>still dont change the name
What did they fucking expect? It's like building some mystery project and calling it "pandora" you just know shits going to go wrong.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.