[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Brazil again with the bad/unhappy ending. I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Just watched Brazil again with the bad/unhappy ending. I need more movies where the villain wins or has a bad ending in general.
>>
When The Black Birds Fly
It's definitely not for everyone since it's visual avantgarde in its purest form.
>>
The hunchback of notre dame
>>
>>84637314
repo men
>>
It's not an unhappy ending. Lowry is happy being insane and Jack walks away.
>>
what? does it have a happy ending as well?
i only saw the one with lobotomy.
>>
>>84637417
This.
And NOT the genetic opera.
>>
>>84637314
that's the only version
THE ONLY VERSION
>>
>>84638658
>>84637314
What fucking happy ending?

Let me guess: editted for TV by some merkin network?
>>
>>84639332
>he doesn't know
>>
File: bYgN55xPNQWUy9xzKwA9pVbGxeE.jpg (114KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
bYgN55xPNQWUy9xzKwA9pVbGxeE.jpg
114KB, 780x439px
>>84639355
There is no happy ending to Brazil. Sam's 'escape' is revealed to be a fantasy and the camera switches to Jack wheeling Houseman away from him as he hums the theme tune with a vacant expression on his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLynM-GI_MkhYMkqk

>"He's gotten away from us, Jack."
>"I'm afraid you're right, Mr. Helpman. He's gone."
The only escape on offer in that kind of world.
>>
>>84639680
Yes, but the movie was butchered in its initial inception by execs. Think about the finale of Blade Runner, same thing for the same reasons.
But does not matter - you know the right version and that is the Director's cut.
In which, indeed, happens what you did explain here.
Old shit can go to hell.
>>
>>84640186
>you know the right version and that is the Director's cut.
But Deckard is de-facto a replicant in the DC.
>>
>>84640237
No, I meant the original "happy ending" of the theatrical, way before the "muh replicant" debate.
Also, ignore Scott is senile.
Watch the Final Cut unbiased, you will realise that is still ambiguous.
>>84629346
>>
>tfw I was going to watch Brazil for the first time today but you anons are scaring me off
>>
>>84640886
Watch the Directo's Cut is a fucking amazing movie.
Do it faggot
>>
>>84637341
I just watch the trailer and that shit it's nuts. Watching it tonight. Good call.
>>
>>84637314
The Plague Dogs
>>
File: 1451330780957.gif (453KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1451330780957.gif
453KB, 210x210px
>>84637341
>visual avantgarde
that's an interesting way of saying garbage, anon
>>
File: 1487193940986.jpg (8KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
1487193940986.jpg
8KB, 220x261px
>>84638532
repo the genetic opera is one of my trigger words, could you please be more sensitive
>>
>>84638519
the ending for the american audience cuts out the part that reveals the final escape is all in his head, so that viewers can feel good that they really got away
>>
>>84639332
it was one of the most infamous examples of studio meddling of all time, the initial release bullshitted a happy ending that made no sense (he escapes for real)
Gilliam literally had to steal the reels from where they were being stored and screen the film to a roomful of LA critics to get the word out the version initially released was not the proper version
>>
File: silver-dream-racer.jpg (327KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
silver-dream-racer.jpg
327KB, 1000x750px
The original ending, at least.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.