[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, how am I supposed to eat pig again now. Bong fucked me up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 24

File: okja-feat-480x279[1].jpg (42KB, 480x279px) Image search: [Google]
okja-feat-480x279[1].jpg
42KB, 480x279px
Man, how am I supposed to eat pig again now. Bong fucked me up.
>>
>>84633209
Fill fridge with nothing but tasty bacon and pork chops. Wait for the hunger to set in.
>>
>>84633209
>forgo pig
>eat long-pig
problem solved
>>
I probably won't give up meat but the movie did make me reconsider going for more organic and ethically conscious farmed meat. Called me a sheeple.
>>
>>84633400
Organic is a meme, gmo is actually better for the environment than "natural"
pesticides. The health claims are pretty dubious as well. "Ethically conscious"
meat is also silly. If you extend any morality to animals it becomes horrific to
kill and eat them against their will. Just enjoy your meal and don't let empathy
abusing propaganda like this influence your actions.
>>
>>84633543

I think it's a bit unfair to lump horrific mistreatment and torture of animals in with relatively humane methods.

It's like saying putting a dog to sleep at a vet is the same as kicking the shit out of it and then dumping it in a dog fighting ring to get mauled by a pit. It dies either way right.

I can't speak for anyone really but I would think ethically conscious meat is more about finding a middle ground between MEAT IS MURDER and just shoveling the cheapest meat from tortured animals down your gullet. Livestock exists for us to consume it but that doesn't mean we need to be ripping beaks off of chickens and stuffing them so close to each other they physically can't move.
>>
>>84633681
People on 4chan are too egdy to admit that though
>>
>>84633708

It's kinda funny that 4chan in the past had been known for being huge animal rights activists but nowadays that kind of stuff is too left wing to fly.
>>
>>84633209
okja looks nothing like a pig or acts like a pig. its some weirdo hippo so any empathy you have for it doesn't translate to a pig. the movie was way to hyperbolic and bizarre to take seriously. they are all fucking cartoon characters. took me outta the film
>>
>>84633763

I actually thought the way the film cartoonishly dehumanized Giancarlo, Gyllenhaal and Swinton, the corporate stooges, worked really well. It reinforces the message of the love story between Mija and Okja being the only thing that matters and everyone else around them having their own selfish unrelatable agenda.
>>
>>84633763
> the movie was way to hyperbolic and bizarre to take seriously.

That's what make it more interesting and actually fun to watch. But maybe it's just me, I prefer even in the biggest dramas to have goofy moments of levity. That's why I love Asian cinema. That's why something like Memories of murder for me is so much better than something like zodiac. That's why Manchester By the sea was my favorite of this year's Oscar season. It had so many laugh out loud moments in otherwise heavy drama.
>>
>>84633859

To expound on what you're saying I think this movie almost necessitated those moments of levity and Terry Gilliam-esque characters. Okja is tonally like four different movies at once and it works. But you need the Pete's Dragon cuteness, Gyllenhaal's Ace Ventura and Tilda Swinton to stomach the gut punch that comes when it turns into a horror movie.
>>
>>84633209
Fuck I hate eating pig now
>>
I remember when my mum taught me all about factory farming as a 7 year old. My takeaway was that pork and beef are unnecessary words and I proceeded to ask to be passed the cow or pig at family dinners. The line was drawn when I started asking what part of the animal everything was. Also every time a moon-child classmate started talking shit about how they beat the animals and stabbed them to death in slaughterhouses I would, in retrospect quite savagely, rebut them with a simple description of the captive bolt pistol helmet and rotating body trough (there's no guy headshotting on a real killing floor, he'd get messy as fuck or miss the brain-stem sometimes. The head pokes out, helmet comes down,man presses button, bolt cores head, on to the next for delicious beefsteak.

Unless the beef is supposed to be kosher or halal, then It's just a prayer before a slit throat and a relatively slow death.

More importantly how fucking dumb do people get in the near future that they can't tell a Hippopigamus you could make in Impossible Creatures is genetically modified?
>>
Don't eat grain fed food.
Grains contain high levels of linoleic acid (polyunsaturated fat, omega6 etc.) which cause inflammation which is associated with many diseases. This linoleic acid is stored in the bodyfat of animals that eat grains.

Don't eat fructose either because it is literally a poison that stimulates hunger and is responsible for visceral fat increases.

The combination of the two causes weight gain and storage on the body of linoleic acid which coincides with a massive upswing in diseases like diabetes. China now has a higher rate of diabetes than the US, and its not due to obesity (their rates are still lower) its due to the mass use of cheap """vegetable oils""" and refined sugars in their cooking.

EDUCATE YOURSELF AND EAT HEALTHY
>>
If pigs somehow became the planet's dominant predators and saw us as a viable food source fit for husbandry, they'd eat the fuck out of us, too.

At least we're keeping these species from being extinct, all other animals that aren't food or cute, we basically try and wipe out from existence.
>>
>>84633937
>To expound on what you're saying

take it to reddit pal
>>
File: wrThSRW[1].jpg (70KB, 999x439px) Image search: [Google]
wrThSRW[1].jpg
70KB, 999x439px
>>84634240
>>
Being good for humans to eat is one of the best survival traits any animal can have. Humans will take care of your diseases and predators and even hook you up with some tail if you look good in genes.
>>
>>84633753
>It's kinda funny that 4chan in the past had been known for being huge animal rights activists

Uhh only when morons would torture cats or puppers
>>
Realistically these things would be extinct before they could commercialized
>>
Being good for pedophiles to fuck is one of the best survival traits any little girl can have. Pedophiles will take care of your diseases and predators and even hook you up with some tail if you look good in jeans.
>>
>>84633209
dude big pigs lmao
>>
>>84633400
This is pointless and doesn't do anything. Just cut down on how much meat you eat. Cutting it out entirely is a big ask.

Don't be one of those people that complains about animal suffering when Harambe or Cecil the lion get shot, but then goes and eats a burger. You've made the logical leap that animal suffering is bad, so it's up to you whether to do anything about it or live with the cognitive dissonance that your own morals aren't worth shit to you.
>>
>>84633400

Petition for humane and nice dwellings and slaughter of animals
>>
>>84633209
>consume propaganda
>dude I believe in propaganda now
Americans, everybody
>>
What a bunch of softies on this thread. Watching Okja only made me hungrier, went out to buy some extra pig. I do wonder how tasty Okja would be. It must taste marvelous!
>>
>>84634784
Fuck you man I'm still looking for Kony
>>
File: 147445152240.jpg (24KB, 229x269px) Image search: [Google]
147445152240.jpg
24KB, 229x269px
libshits thinking meat grows on trees: the movie
>>
>>84633209
>how am I supposed to eat pig again now

This movie made me want to eat some delicious super pig.
>>
If they were creating superpigs, why did they make them sentient? Wouldn't it be easier to make them dummies?
Did the grandpa farm air or some shit cause I saw no livestock being raised.
This dumb movie was so heavy handed in trying to be touching and lacked payoff. Characters would just disappear throughout the movie after being established. Was it made for kids or some shit?
>>
File: 1407303027536.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1407303027536.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>84634267
>imgur filename
pottery
>>
>>84633543
the funniest part of the modern gestalt is how the "GMO HEALTH RISK" scare came from a study where rats were fed corn modified to be resistant to herbicides... and large doses of herbicides. Then tried to act like THE CORN caused the rats to develop cancer.
>>
>>84633209
I want to have sex with that thing.
>>
>>84633763
It acts like an amalgamation of a cow, pig, and dog, except smarter. The "dog" bit understandably flies past western audiences.
>>
>>84637063
>gestalt

Please stop posting any time.
>>
>>84637336
"no"
>>
>>84633400
>organic and ethically conscious farmed meat.

Lol it doesn't exist you dumbass
>>
>>84633763
I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way so the movie shocks you even more when you see the animal rape, murder and body mutilation
>>
>>84633753
Lol, found the newfaggot.
>>
>>84634267
Who cares? moot is irrelevant now.
>>
>>84633209
easy, be poor and eat the fuck you can affort like me
>>
>>84637069
she's a kid you pedo
>>
an animatronic retard pulls at /tv/'s heart strings.

lol, you fucking weaklings.
>>
The Last Guardian shows why video games are superior to "film"
>>
>>84634348
What age do you consider the cut off for pedo?
>>
File: 1454524272324.png (489KB, 916x768px) Image search: [Google]
1454524272324.png
489KB, 916x768px
What are we supposed to take from the rape scene? Livestock farmers can only mate animals who really love each other? Doesn't sound like a reasonable business model.
>>
>>84637816
that things like that happen in real life and that it's abuse
>>
>>84637858

animals go into heat you retard
>>
>>84637893
And?
>>
pig is dirty anyways
so are dogs
>>
>>84637918

how is it abuse to let them fuck
>>
>>84637816

I doubt real breeding happens in any civilized country anymore. Its just the farmer sticking his hand into pigs vagina to inseminate them
>>
>>84637858
Please tell me that you aren't serious right now.
>>
>>84637936
watch the scene again and then you'll see how its abuse

>>84637943
also abuse
>>
>>84637816
>What are we supposed to take from the rape scene?
Forced drama, there's no way they wouldn't use artificial insemination for a supposedly best superpig.
>>
>>84637969

you do know that its a movie and it was a cgi pig right?

not an actual animal
>>
File: ahahah.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
ahahah.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>84637969

I bet you think they inject meat out of pigs to sample the meat
>>
>>84638009
Wait, superpigs don't actually exist?
>>
>>84638009
But it actually happens or has happened to real animals.
>>
>>84637987
This really.
What happens to Okja and the behaviour Okja exhibits is specifically intended to manipulate it's middle-minded audience.
>Giving it a name.
>It doesn't behave like a typical livestock animal.
>It boldly saves someones life while simultaneously showing how intelligent it is.
>The 'loving parents shoving their calf through the fence'
>>
>>84638079

animals goes into season

they either bring in the buck or the bull or artficialy inseminate them

you are overly sensitive to thing animals mating is abuse or a thin tube full of semen

there is nothing brutal or abuse about it

the only time I can think of it being cruel is with horse breeds and the way some shit-hole countrys do it
>>
>>84638178
>horse breeds
Artificial insemination is actually kinder on mares than a lot of stallions are. I've seen a lot of those assholes draw blood when they bite.
>>
>>84638138
>Okja knowing to pick up and hide the calf in her mouth
>that little cry the mother calf gives as okja walks off with her calf
>>
>>84638297
What the fuck are you TALKING about you god damn piece of shit? They are animals. They have mated like that for THOUSANDS of years and will for THOUSANDS more without any human interference. We don't even enter into the equation. They were born like that. It's their way of reproducing and it's a GOD DAMN good one because after millions of years of evolution, they still exist. Who are YOU, you tiny little shadow of a man, to question THAT?
>>
>>84638178
Forced sex is abuse though.
>>
File: 1462992585025.gif (703KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1462992585025.gif
703KB, 245x245px
>>84638534
>animals have reproduced by humans forcing semen into their vaginas
>>
>>84633763
This. It's completely dishonest and evidence that the filmmakers new that their arguments don't hold enough weight without straight up lying
>>84638138
Exactly
It removes any artistic value the film would otherwise display. This is straight up propaganda and it's appalling
>>
>>84634206
Oh so I better stop eating fruit because some fag on 4chan told me to? Don't @ me
>>
>>84638730
Did you know that dolphins, geese and ducks primarily reproduce through rape? Or that half of all orangutans reproduce through forced sex? Ever watch your dog hump a strangers leg? Do you think that artificial insemination is somehow different than what animals are used to?
>>
>>84638996
It most definetly is, since you're messing with nature.
>>
>>84638791
whats funny is you're clearly angry about the film's "message" and are attempting to use your disagreement with said message as a basis for attacking the movie's artistic merit.
>>
>>84639048
The film's 'message' directly undermines the entire film. There are several films with subtexts that I disagree with but still think are brilliant films. But this film is propaganda. Which is a shame because I think the acting and style is brilliant.
Ironically, the only people who don't see that are vegans and easily-manipulated brainlets

So which one are you?
>>
>>84637639
Go back to /v/eddit.
>>
>>84639124
Ever considered that despite enjoy other films with a messages you don't agree with, this particular issue is something you know is wrong yet don't want to confront as it's something you do in your daily life, hence it's easy to push off a "VEGAN PROPAGANDA"
>>
>>84639124
It's pretty obvious you're conflicted with eating meat after seeing this movie so you try to dismiss it as propaganda.
Next thing you were gonna do is probably act edgy and say you don't care about animal well being at all.
>>
>>84639266
To be perfectly fair, the core of the film's message has to do with eating dogs. As that's where the vast majority of okja's mannerisms came from. This is irrelevant in the west.
>>
>>84638306
>Mija succeeds to buy Okja legally
>immediately proceeds to steal another pig

What's the message?
>>
>>84639266
Ever considering the lengths of mental gymnastics you're utilising to attack the person making the criticisms instead of responding to the fact that the film is clearly propaganda?
>>84639327
Nope, not conflicted at all. Had a bacon sandwich earlier today, it was delicious. Why are you projecting this hard? It's pretty transparent
I care about animal well-being and that makes me hate the film even more because instead of attacking real-world problems with the meat industry, they invented a fictional animal in fictional conditions that makes it impossible to separate reality from their make-believe.
This doesn't help the issue, but it does, as you say, allow people to write the entire thing off as vegan propaganda (and in this case it is anti-meat-industry propaganda)
>>
>>84639382
That even in their strawman fantasies, animal-rights activists are hypocritical shits
>>
>We need meat to survive
>They're intellectual inferior
>It's the circle of life man
>They'll take over the world if we don't eat them
>I..I don't eat any cruel meat like veal
>MUH ANCESTORS
>MUH CANINES

oh my god, can you believe they it dog in China. That's fucking disgusting, weirdos!!!
>>
>>84637497
>nu-/v/ tells oldfag he's new

classic post
>>
>>84638996
most of that is blatantly untrue
>>
>>84639410
I want to try dog meat.
>>
Hope they make a sequel with ALF taking down the company since they had the after credit scene and all.
>>
>>84639410
Ah yes, the reason why factories are killing animals by the thousands is because of the wellbeing of humans and not profit.
>>
>anons are unironically falling for sorosflix propaganda
>stop eating pork anon, it's haram
>>
>>84639389
Good, so you are an accomplice to the abuse you've seen in the movie, except you're in denial.
>>
File: meat eaters man.jpg (168KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
meat eaters man.jpg
168KB, 1200x1200px
>>84639389
Please go into my mental gymnastics since they seem very clear

>I care about animal well-being
>Had a bacon sandwich earlier, delicious

You don't give a shit mate

>Anti-meat industry propaganda

"They love it really guys, getting stabbed in the neck and brutally murdered is all such fun to them. See all that blood"
>>
>>84639544
>ignores the entire post
gg
>>84639549
Course I give a shit. Just like most people give a shit about human rights but still buy iphones.
Out of sight, out of mind
>b-but that's different cause I need muh iphone!
>>
File: happy willa.jpg (167KB, 852x1222px) Image search: [Google]
happy willa.jpg
167KB, 852x1222px
>>84639549
>"They love it really guys, getting stabbed in the neck and brutally murdered is all such fun to them. See all that blood"
>He doesn't understand how this constitues a strawman argument
Why are brainlets allowed on this board?
>>
Reminder that animals do not have rights.
A right implies responsibility and duty.
Animals have neither.
That said yea stun/bolt the animals, unnecessary cruelty to animals is a sign of mental problems.
>>
>>84639613
>I care about animal well-being
>Had a bacon sandwich earlier, delicious
Don't need to know more desu.
Atleast own up to the fact that you value food over morals.
>>
>>84639458
the after-credit ALF scene was just showing the ALF moving straight on to the next thing. As they didn't really care about the superpig farms, they just cared about media exposure.
>>
>>84639673
>A right implies responsibility and duty.

Literally couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>84633543
thanks Monsanto
>>
>>84639697
>completely dodges human rights point and still tries to take moral high ground
Why are vegans so transparent?
>>
File: loveanimals.jpg (93KB, 774x774px) Image search: [Google]
loveanimals.jpg
93KB, 774x774px
>>84639613
True, my second-hand 7 year old phone is really equal to that chopped up corpse you ate this morning.

Honestly, how can you eat a murdered animal and then say you care about it's well being

Look, justifying your own bad habits with "Other people do bad things too" is no way to live.
>>
File: AlanWattsPainting.jpg (131KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
AlanWattsPainting.jpg
131KB, 600x848px
Vegetarianism and veganism is simply an attempt to evade the fact that life feeds on life, and that the universe is a vast web of creation and destruction.

A vegetarian / vegan is just a person who spares his own feelings by killing creatures that can’t scream. It is an attempt to remove man from nature, rather than to embrace nature and plunge into it. Vegetarianism / veganism can be part of an ascetic retreat from life, but that is about it.

However, once we own up to the fact that we live by killing, we should make sure that we do not kill needlessly or cruelly. Beyond that, it is far more important to insure animals have good lives rather than merely good deaths. This means no more factory farms and feedlots and milk-fed calves. Furthermore, an animal that is badly cooked has died in vain. Finally, the place where we properly honor the creatures upon which we feed is a well-appointed kitchen, a kitchen that expresses a full commitment to the refinement and perfection of material existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF4r85luJuo
>>
>>84639772
>murder an animal
Use a dictionary for once, retard.
>>
>>84639751
Read any social contract theory
>expecting a vegan to read
Rights are only worth whoever is willing to protect those rights. With no government, you have no rights and are subject to the power of others.
Rights are granted by governments in return for contributions to society, thus compromising a duty owed to those around you.
>>
>its another okja thread filled with triggered westerners not understanding anything about asian meat industries

the superpigs were an amalgamation of pigs, cows, and dog. Appearance from pig and cow, personality and mannerisms from dogs. Eastern slaughtering practices are as cruel as possible because they like how abused animals taste. This goes back thousands of years and will never change.

Basically everything in the movie is irrelevant to western meat industries and taking it as a critique of western practices is just showing your ignorance of the rest of the world. The west doesn't eat dog and the west does everything possible to ensure food animals live entirely stress/abuse free lives. Otherwise they taste horrible.
>>
>>84639814
I'm not a vegan, I'm a PhD in public policy. You're wrong.
>>
>>84639819
Have you read Fast Food Nation?

The meat industry in America is deplorable.
>>
>>84639772
>True, my sandwich with free-range meat bought from a supermarket is really equal to that phone built by starving and suicidal kids you use everyday.
>Honestly, how can you support child slave factories and then say you care about people's well-being?
>Look, justifying your own bad habits with "Other people do bad things too" is no way to live.
>>
File: happy daddario.jpg (172KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
happy daddario.jpg
172KB, 800x1205px
>>84639832
>no argument
>appeal to authority (in an unrelated field)
loving. every. laugh
>>
>>84639788
>removing man from nature
>a bad thing

there isn't a single aspect of your plush, comfortable, easy life that isn't a result of people attempting to remove man from nature. Only from your sheltered, safe, luxurious life could you even think to attempt to glorify "nature."
>>
>>84639765
that wasn't even my comment but okay, you've been ignoring mine too aswell as repeating yourself.
Just so you know, there's no way you care about animals while eating them.
>>
>>84639656
>"That's a strawman"
>Doesn't realise it's not enough to simply state the word from that infographic you read
>Doesn't come up with a counter-argument since there is none
>Doesn't realise the phrase shouldn't even come up in arguments, it's a tool to help you notice flaws in reasoning and create a counter-argument

Meat-eaters truly are numpties
>>
Okay I don't want to eat kawai critters but after not eating red meat for like three weeks I began to feel really shitty and weak, after a couple of days I ate some pork and now i feel much better. I would love to stop completely but I know that if nothing of the usual will help going for the red will be just something that I would do, just like i would eat everything around me if situation would have been shit (okay i would probably not eat my cats but who knows).
>>
>>84639877
"if i say it enough times it's true!"
>>
>>84639844
Just the title alone should be enough to tell anyone that "fast food nation" is entirely about heavily processed "meat product" foods, rather than actual meat.
>>
>>84639895
It's true no matter how many times i say it, and you still haven't tried to argue the point.
>>
>>84639867
You're wrong.
>>
>>84639880
>Doesn't realise the phrase shouldn't even come up in arguments, it's a tool to help you notice flaws in reasoning and create a counter-argument
No it's a logical fallacy that you've been employing (I suspect all your life which is why you're so mad about being called out on it) which makes your argument invalid
>>
>>84639910
I've read the book, it's not just about fast food. It deals heavily with labour and production issues in regular farms.

The irradiation of meat, the problem with e.coli and feces in meat, the problem with workers in meatpacking plants hurting themselves on the "assembly line". It's harrowing stuff.

The cognitive dissonance in meat eaters is shocking. Psychologists think it's because we're raised on meat so it's one of our core beliefs and really hard to rattle or shake off.

In 100 years the entire nutrition/food industry will be different.
>>
>>84639880
>>84639697
>>84639549

If it was the only way. I would stab a deer to death myself to eat meat.
I wouldn't kill an animal out of sport but I would and have killed one to eat.

I get being a health conscious vegan, but you "ethical vegans" are just tremendous pussies.
>>
>>84639978
>muh hundred years!

This is a fallacy based in how different things were 100 years before the 70s/80s/90s. Before the industrial revolution things remained relatively unchanged for millennia at a time. Not only that, it gets more idiotic every day, as every day "100 years ago" looks increasingly similar to present life.

Also you're not talking about abuse of animals anymore. You're talking about working conditions of people (fuck people) anti-microbial measures (like any aspect of modern society could exist without them) and then spewing some bullshit psychology.
>>
>>84640099
Something is wrong with you, edgelord.

Factory farming will have to change, it consumes too much water and is too wasteful. People will HAVE to eat a lot less meat.
>>
>>84640007
So you made up a scenario you probably will never ever find yourself in, and if you do it's probably an isolated situation, to delude yourself that you're a animal eating animal lover.
>>
>>84639978
The point you so elegantly dodged, twice, was how "meat processing" and "processed foods" basically exist to get the "cruelty" taste out of meat. And these types of factory practices are already on the way out. Because real meat tastes a lot fucking better.
>>
>>84640165
No one buys 'real meat'.
>>
>>84640194
So in what shithole country do you live where every supermarket or superstore doesn't sell tons of real meat a day?
>>
>>84640124
Humans have dominon over animals. Some we choose as companions, some prey, some pest.
They are at the end of the day lesser, non-sapient beings.

Whether we are truely omnivorous or not humans have been hunting and eating meat for over 100,000 years. It's just the quantity of meat we consume now is much higher. I do agree it should be more of a luxury than a staple.
>>
>>84640218
In the US, UK and other western countries - but especially the US - a vast majority of grocery stores serve the same grain-fed garbage meat you're thinking of.

The USDA and FDA are drastically underfunded and no one talks about this. They're broke and cannot conceivably inspect meat production. It's a wild west out there, and it's disgusting.
>>
>>84633209
I just saw The Host the other day, it's now one of my favorite movies. Are his other movies good?
>>
>>84633209

>humans taste like pig
>humans responsible for animal suffering in factory farming

Put 2 and 2 together anon
>>
>>84638996

It's not just about how the animals feel, retard, it's about the psyche of a person who can put an animal through that without feeling anything.
>>
>>84640262
I'm sorry 100,000 years is wrong. Theoretically up to 5,000,000 years ago.
>>
>>84637816

Someone post that doujin. You know the one I mean.
>>
>>84640124
Not the guy you replied to but are you implying that a person has to love ALL animals indiscriminately? Many of them are massive cunts. That said I don't eat most insectivorous fish because they're doing great work fucking up arthropods.
>>
>>84640600
humans are cunts too but do you see them getting slaugheterd and eaten?
>>
>>84640672
They are sometimes in africa
>>
>>84640724
in factoriesmby the millions for the sole reason of profit?
>>
If I hunt it, is it ok to eat it?
>>
>>84640788

yes, but only if you need to hunt it
>>
>>84640788
you shouldnt hunt
>>
>>84633209
>cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M, get the money, dollar dollar bill, y'all
is unironically the moral of the story
>>
>>84640763
Obviously not. But you're practicing moral absolutism which answers my original question from >>84640600

My post from last night >>84634107 might provide insight or ammo, whichever you choose.

You and I can't have a worthwhile conversation about this because we differ to greatly on the fundamental nature of life. I feel like I've encountered you before on /out/ and we came to a similar intellectual impasse but it was probably someone else.
>>
>It was a vegan propaganda ad all along
>>
>>84633543
>meanwhile men who regularly eat chicken from countries without european-style food standard bodies continue to grow breasts due to the hormones in the food

in singapore it's a big deal because the average singaporean is slim enough to tell when he's growing a pair of tits, while the average american is not.
>>
>>84641536
>it's an anon watches a movie at 2x speed while playing videogames and thinks he understands the movie.
The fucking girl herself catches and eats a fish.
>>
>>84641615
Fish aren't cuddly and they don't cry out in pain so it's ok.
>>
>>84633209
>>84633400
Everyone needs to look at the cruelty involved in halal and kosher slaughter which makes normal white abbatoirs look pleasant. I've stopped eating halal but obviously in Bongistan it's not labelled and now a hug proportion of meat is halal. Obviously pigs are never halal or kosher so they're at least slaughtered humanely and I eat pork but I genuinely believe that pigs have got more of a soul than dogs so I feel pretty bad about it.
>>
>>84641777
No it isn't, but the movie isn't vegan propaganda. It's anti factory meat production
>>
>>84633400
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. You're missing the actual point of the movie.
>>
>>84641614
>source: deep from within my asshole
>>
>>84639442
nah
>>
>>84639819
>Basically everything in the movie is irrelevant to western meat industries and taking it as a critique of western practices is just showing your ignorance of the rest of the world

except the evil pig corporation was from new york.

hell the factory workers were even mexican. i doubt china employs mexicans for their food industry.
>>
>>84639446
Asians like eating dog because dogs have the greatest capacity to suffer of "lower" animals.

They'll specifically abuse pigs and cows as much as possible, but they don't ever have much " suffering" taste. But since dogs have a much higher capacity to suffer, dogs are a delicacy in the east.
>>
>>84639788
plants do scream though, they do so at frequencies human's can't hear
>>
>>84640290
This is wrong. Anything talking about the conditions in meat farming are not talking about meat that is sold raw by the pound/kg. they're talking about farms that supply meat for preserved sausages, frozen hamburger patties, packaged sliced meats, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, etc. as that level of processing exists specifically to get the taste of the animal's shitty conditions out of the meat. Such works, because of their biases, will then try to imply all meat farming is the same everywhere.
>>
>>84633543
Shill
>>
>Movie shows both sides being shitheads
>Mija and her grandpa literally live on a farm meaning the message of the film isn't anti-meat in any way
>Brainlets on /tv/ up in arms because MUH LEFTIST VEGAN PROPAGANDA

Holy shit this movie is not that complicated to understand. It's more about personal responsibility and what you personally can stomach. If anything the message is more one to get you to buy organic and know where your food comes from rather than cut meat out entirely.

>ALF lies to Mija
>Dano beats the shit out of Glenn for breaking their tenets despite anti-violence being one of their tenets
>Gay is made to look like a retard for going so far in his activism that he won't even eat vegetables because it leaves a carbon footprint
>They willingly send Okja back to NY knowing the shit that would go down (And after they would have failed to save Okja were it not for Mija they're confident they can somehow save her in NYC with thousands of people and high security)
>Many of them cared less about the animal and more about the mission and looking cool

You're a moron if you think animal rights activism was meant to look unequivocal heroes.
>>
>>84642781
What does lower animal suffering taste like?
>>
>>84639410
>Ancestors raised livestock on farms naturally
>Modern day farms genetically modify, force feed to the point they can't move and develop health problems, mutilate them such as tearing off their beaks, mass produce at such unnatural numbers that they're crowded into cages and pins that barely let them turn around

AH THE CIRCLE OF LIFE
>>
>>84640262
>It's just the quantity of meat we consume now is much higher
Not necessarily. At least if we are talking about hunter-gatherers estimates are that the average caloric intake was 3000cal (today's daily intake recommendation is 2000) with meat sometimes comprising of 50% of the diet.
>>
>>84640313

One of my favorite directors of all time. Memories of Murder and Mother are his best in my opinion.

But Snowpiercer is a really awesome sci-fi concept, even if it's not his original idea, and I loved it as well.
>>
>>84642042

And you're full of shit. There's tons of small time farms around America that self-sustain solely selling to their own community. Hell my university has its own "ethical" farm that the animal science department uses and a campus butcher where students can then go and buy meats and eggs from the parts the science department isn't using. The animals get to live free lives where they're taken care of, it's not a mass producing assembly line of meat and it goes back out into the community.
>>
>>84643951
Those "self-sustaining" "community" farms are selling "organic" food to retards for insane prices.
>>
Reminder literally everything that happened to pkja and the girl was entirely the fault of the father. As they apparently won a ton of money from winning the contest and the father blew it all on a hunk of gold, thinking that would be what's best for his daughter.
>>
>>84633209
Here, let me do you a favour:

Those animals wouldn't exist in the first place unless they were going to be eaten, so before you can feel bad about eating meat you'd have to argue that a life that ends poorly isn't worth living in the first place.

Also, to help that notion along, consider that death by stunning bolt is much better than any death that an animal would otherwise have.

Enjoy your bacon.
>>
>>84643569
Shoe leather steak
>>
>>84644316

Yeah no shit. Someone who can't mass produce something also can't sell that something for pennies like the mass producing factories can. Welcome to capitalism. Your first lesson is deciding whether morals or money rank higher for you. There's not a wrong answer it's simply fact. You want to take the moral high ground you're probably going to have to pay for it.
>>
>>84644382

Did you miss the part where said hunk of gold was the only thing that saved Okja's life?
>>
>>84644486
Said hunk of gold also got her raped, shocked, stabbed multiple times, and subject to even more abuse.
>>
>>84644566

No it didn't.

They were going to take Okja no matter what numbnuts.
>>
>>84633209
roasted with fries
>>
>>84644446
The point I was contending had more to do with how the farms aren't actually self sustaining if they're reliant upon outside factors, like consumer ignorance.
>>
>>84644588
If she was able to buy okja later then the possibility was always there. Probably even for less than the pig cost, considering the production line delay cost the company even more.
>>
>>84644685

Way to prove you don't pay attention to the movies you watch retard. Mija asks grandpa if he bought Okja yet in the beginning of the movie and then later on when he leads her away into the forest and gives her the gold pig he explains that they wouldn't let him buy Okja because they need to take her back for experiments so he bought her the gold pig instead.
>>
>>84644732
Which was clearly bullshit as they didn't perform any experiments that specifically required okja
>>
>>84633400
>Called me a sheeple.
Kek. All the cucks that continue to be bent over and fucked by the meat and dairy industries at the expense of their own health are sheeple. Veganism is redpilled as fuck, watch Cowspiracy.
>>
>>84644685

So wrong. The possibility only became a reality because the company head position went to a business first version of Tilda Swinton. Her sister wouldn't have made that deal, nor did she allow the grandfather to buy Okja previously.
>>
>>84644784

Okja's worth wasn't about around experiments. It was about the marketing aspect revolving the pig farming contest. You don't destroy your ten year marketing gimmick for the sake of a golden pig worth a few thousand dollars.
>>
>>84644836
The grandfather never attempted to buy okja. It clearly never even crossed his mind.
>>
>>84644784

Yeah, grandpa just lied about not being able to buy Okja for no reason. We should all read into a subtext that has no logical reason for being there.

And considering Okja WAS the world's best superpig they would naturally want to run tests to find out exactly what it was that made her that way. Also 1. We don't see the entirely of what happens in the lab 2. We never got to see what their plans for Okja was after the parade. 3. Their entire company's image was riding on Okja's 10 year success story. They're not just going to say na fuck it you can keep it to grandpa.
>>
>>84644885

Again, you blatantly didn't pay attention. Mija bugs grandpa about if he bought her and he flat out tells her that yes he sent the money in already. Implying this is a conversation that has been had before.
>>
>>84639458
Wait, Alf is in this?
>>
>>84633400
Buy local instead. It will cost more, but you'll support your local community, and smaller farms take care of their animals better
>>
>>84637925
Back to >>>>>>>>>>>>www.Syria.nsa/filthyanimals/.
I honestly believe majority of western animals (at least pets with their OCDs soccer moms)are cleaner than desert people,no rain,water,serving cup of tea like itts liquid gold.
>>
>>84644875
>>84644932
See >>84644956

So we have it confirmed from one of the shills that grandpa straight up lied. More than likely because he wanted the money (for her) more than he thought a kid would want a pet she loved for ten years.

Clap clap yall
>>
>>84639413
> I saw a video on jewtube about how 4chan doxed a cat abuser.

Leave rudypoo candyass
>>
I don't give two fucks about animals and I'd cook and eat you as well if the law permitted it
>>
>>84644932
>we never got to see the plans for okja after the parade

Uh, slaughter. Just like every "first place blue ribbon" animal at any livestock show ever.

Am I talking to literal children here?
>>
>>84645076

He then explains that they wouldn't let him buy it so he got her the gold pig. You're jumping through hoops to justify a narrative that has no basis rather than just following what is established and never contradicted. There's far more compelling evidence to support the fact that Mirando wouldn't sell off their 10 year marketing investment.
>>
>>84645160

Obviously. I'm talking about before that though. It's plausible that the experiments would have all come after the parade and after the marketing campaign paid off. If they did all the experimenting beforehand well we see what happened. Jake Gyllenhaal disobeyed orders and fucked with her and it caused the whole parade to be unraveled when Okja started rampaging.
>>
>>84645172
Then explain why the girl thought buying the pig was ever going to be possible, if she already knew grandpa had already tried.

you can't, cause even the kid knew grandpa lied
>>
>>84645076

I don't understand why you think that it's logical that they would sell their most important display product to a farmer. If you're with this line of thought then you lose all significance concerning the final exchange in the film. The ideologies of the two CEOs are different, one sees Okja and business for what it is, while the other sees herself and the product in a holy and pretentious perspective.

Are you genuinely more convinced that the entire movie could have been avoided and that the two sisters switching had no significance? Why would anyone make a movie like that? How could the script pass review?
>>
>>84640313
The Host is shit-tier
>>84643833
Snowpiercer is even shittier-tier
>>
>>84645241

The grandfather lied to her about his ability to buy it. That doesn't mean he doesn't attempt to buy it. You don't tell a child that Santa isn't real just because you know that he isn't. This is a ten year process involving the feelings of his grandchild. He told her the truth when he could no longer avoid it, and considered that the golden pig could rectify the loss of the real pig that he couldn't buy.
>>
>>84645224
Okay, realistically, the only experimental value would have been to test if differing conditions had differing effects on the taste of the meat. The problem is they immediately start torturing okja, meaning she had no experimental value. As she wasn't even any bigger than any of the other pigs.
>>
>>84637642
If there's grass on the field
You must yield

If there's hair down below
Just say no.
>>
>>84645241

She may not have ever intended to buy Okja. Again, if you paid attention she takes the pig in the scene that grandpa tells her she has no money to get to New York. Implying hocking the pig is what's going to get her there. Someone else has already mentioned that the only reason it even works in the end is because the CEO is Nancy now who only cares about profit. Okja was of no use to her the way she was to her sister's method of running the company. If she thought she could have bought Okja the whole time don't you think she would have brought it out earlier after they had flown her out to NYC? It was a last ditch attempt before they put a rod through Okja's head.
>>
>>84645358

"They" is Jake Gyllenhaal who himself says he's doing it to get back at the company for sidelining him and that they told him not to.
>>
>>84645261
The problem with your argument about tilda1 thinking okja was special unto herself was the treatment tilda1 immediately subjected her to.

Not to mention people who put animals in livestock shows don't give a fuck what the highest bidder wants to do with it.

Furthermore, ending the contest with the grand prize winner caring more about the animal than the prize would've been a bigger PR bump than anything tilda1 had planned.
>>
>>84633400
It does taste better. I grew up eating just regular supermarket beef and chicken. But when my wife (then girlfriend) and I moved in together and she took up shopping, she insisted on only eating organic/free range/humanely raised stuff and the meat is a lot more flavorful. It's expensive but if you only eat meat like once a week like we do, then it isn't so bad.
>>
>>84645007
Mmmm, yes. All those local oranges.
>>
>>84645588

The point is that tilda1 was creating a sensational story/marketing campaign via the ten year farming competition. tilda1 saw Okja as the pinnacle and fruit of her hubris whereas tilda2 saw Okja as merely a product. Who knows what tilda1 intended for Okja after the parade, but she sure wouldn't have sold it off prior to the publicity stunt.
>>
>>84644446
Communists need exacuted.
>>
>>84644832
>Not slaughtering your own animals.

Kek, nice try vegan gains, but you are still weak as fuck.
>>
>>84644976
And suddenly I remember that this guy had a cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_NqJFVEOc
>>
>>84641777
This.

Fish lives ( don't ) matter.
>>
File: greenazi.jpg (255KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
greenazi.jpg
255KB, 907x1360px
>>84646072
Communism is cancer but capitalism isn't much better.
National socialism is the only right answer.
>>
>>84647786
>but capitalism isn't much better

Yes it is you fucking cunt, the fact that you're not toiling away while starving in the gulag right now is testament to that. Be a little more greatful you child.
>>
>>84639819
The director said the horror of the industry didn't really hit him until he went in person to a slaughterhouse in Colorado. Are you just making shit up?
>>
>>84647786
A failed ideology is the only right answer?
>>
>>84634240
He's actually talking about the movie.
Fucking kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>84648512
>A failed ideology is the only right answer?
But he said communism is cancer, anon.
>>
>>84645117

>he thinks remembering the word filters makes him an oldfag

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84647819
Greatful is not a word, surely you mean grateful.
Capitalism is not much better because it is more destructive in the long-term. Communism causes acute, and immediate adversity. It cannot sustain itself long enough to be an existential threat on the level of capitalism. Ultimately, it doesn't matter which one is "better" or "worse" as much as the realization that both are destructive.
>>
>>84647819
Conditions in the USSR were not a failure of communism, but a failure of the USSR. Communism is a post-scarcity societal model that relies upon heavy automation. Two things the USSR did not have. As without post-scarcity and extensive automation, there is no way to prevent situations where the state has to value shoveling shit and cushy bureaucratic desk job as equal to medicine and nuclear power plant maintenance.
>>
>>84633209
It doesn't look anything like a pig
>>
File: 1488376662525.jpg (260KB, 492x702px) Image search: [Google]
1488376662525.jpg
260KB, 492x702px
>>
>>84649228
The failings of both capitalism and communism have to do both are simply systems of resource distribution, and trying to turn them into ideology means elevating systems of resource distribution to a level where the value of the systems themselves exceeds both the resources to be distributed and the people who'd receive them.
>>
>>84649557
If you've ever even cooperate with someone who ate an animal you're directly responsible for enabling the killing of the animal that guy ate. Enjoy consuming bandwidth and other unnecessary luxuries and thus indirectly killing countless animals through the support system necessary to maintain that lifestyle.
>>
>>84644832
>Cowspiracy
That film is such trash lol

>one study comes out and says 51% of GHG are from animal agriculture
>all other studies disagree with this and point out flaws in the other
>film crew decides to go with the scarier number and flaunt it as fact
>use this number as the "gotcha!" line when interviewing people from various environmental institutions
>make them look foolish for not knowing what the fuck the film crew is talking about due to faulty numbers

Lol, it's vegan propaganda
>>
>>84649557
implying vegans don't kill animals
>>
File: Sable-Intake1.png (327KB, 460x506px) Image search: [Google]
Sable-Intake1.png
327KB, 460x506px
>>84633209
>Born in 2004
>>
>>84639819
>Eastern slaughtering practices are as cruel as possible because they like how abused animals taste
Is there a documentary or something?
>>
>>84649614
Yes but most of humanity is not autistic (unfortunately). Thinking of these concepts in such an objective manner is beyond them. Therefore, the best course of action is to support a broader ideology which, when elevated in such a way, recognizes and avoids those problems.
>>
File: 1375048155.58365455.jpg (166KB, 456x443px) Image search: [Google]
1375048155.58365455.jpg
166KB, 456x443px
I remember when I was younger I got to see a slaughterhouse where they process cows and pigs. I thought it was kinda fucked up at the time, but I finally understood where my food came from.
I mean, I always knew, but it was a different kind of understanding, hard to explain.
It didn't turn me into a vegetarian, but it gave me this wierd sort of respect for the animals we eat, and the process that goes into it.
I think more people should see it, so perhaps they'd be less wasteful with things.
>>
>>84638698

with horse breeds and dogs it is, different sizes ect and insemination is safer

normal animal breeding for food isnt
>>
>>84633400
nothing done to animals is worst than what happens to a living plant when a combine harvests it. only reason you care is because you're told a pig is cuter, yet both are just as alive
>>
>>84651305
A pretty good way to react to it in my opinion.
Animal Husbandry has been part of humanity for tens of thousands of years.
People who want to throw it all out are just as deluded as those who think torturous factory farming is sustainable.
>>
>>84651364
>yet both are just as alive
So killing another human is roughly the moral equivalent of pulling a weed in your mind?
>>
>>84633400
So you're going to start hunting?
>>
>>84651529
>sustainable
why do people use that word to mean things it doesn't mean
it's a renewable resource
it's sustainable indefinitely, or until the earth dies anyway
>>
>>84651896
>why do people use that word to mean things it doesn't mean
I could ask you the same question.
You know "renewable" and "sustainable" have different meanings right?
>>
File: conventionalvsfreerange.jpg (833KB, 2000x627px) Image search: [Google]
conventionalvsfreerange.jpg
833KB, 2000x627px
>>84637384
but they do exist, please educate your nigger ass before ever typing anything ever again
>>
>>84640763
>sole reason of profit?

And, you know, because people need to eat food to survive
>>
>>84651896
Dude have you ever been to a pig farm? do you have any idea how much antibiotics piglets get due to lack of space, amount of bacteria and generally hostile living conditions?
No you probably don't, seeing how you don't even know the definition of word you're sperging about.
>>
>>84637384
What's it like to be retarded?
>>
>>84633209
Immediately after watching this, I ate some hotdogs, and jerked off to the little girl. Grow some balls and stop letting movies control how you act
>>
>>84651163
ideology in general is problematic. Especially when it demands people compromise themselves for the sake of supporting ideological rhetoric.
>>
>>84651896
in this context referring to horrific factory farming as unsustainable means the amount of additional resources and processing required to get the cruelty taste out of the meat far exceeds scaling back to less cruel, or, heaven forbid, humane methods.
>>
>>84652380
at the end of the day you're still rounding up the hogs, slaughtering them, and eating them.

Its kinda hard to try to say one method of killing is more or less humane than another.
>>
>>84653731
>ideology in general is problematic.
It doesn't have to be.

>Especially when it demands people compromise themselves for the sake of supporting ideological rhetoric.
I tend to agree, but it depends on what you mean by "compromise".
>>
File: 1499203044518.png (31KB, 755x708px) Image search: [Google]
1499203044518.png
31KB, 755x708px
>maggots going to feast on my corpse one day
>implying it's not just fair I eat some animals until then
>>
>>84653858
>yes, sure, I'll sacrifice my (quality of) life for the sake of abstract concepts!

And ideology always lends itself to these types of situations, without exception.
>>
>>84653830
>Its kinda hard to try to say one method of killing is more or less humane than another.
It's not. It's trivial, in fact.
I don't know how you got this idea into your head.
>>
>>84653931
Are you implying that those abstract concepts don't have real world repercussions when people support them?
They invariably do, and, depending on the nature of the ideology, those repercussions can be quite beneficial.
>>
>>84654108
Not to the people who are called to sacrifice or compromise.
>>
>>84653958
I'm going to murder you in five minutes.

But its okay, your method of extermination will be quite humane!
>>
>>84654172
Yes, to them too in fact, or perhaps to their future generations if they do sacrifice their lives.
>>
>>84654211
Okay.
Do you have a point?
>>
>>84645274
you take that back, the host was great and had some of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in my life
>>
>>84654257
I guess I assumed I was talking to someone who valued their life.

Forgot where I was el oh el
>>
>>84654706
I'll ask again, do you have a point?
We seemed to be having an argument for a moment there then you went off on these non-sequiturs.
>>
>>84654795
The point was, in the event of your murder, you would not care about the means.

But again, this assumes you hold your life in any value.
>>
>>84655079
Are you serious? This is such an obvious false dichotomy I have trouble believing anyone could present it sincerely.

The fact that someone would rather die painlessly than be tortured to death does not preclude him from valuing his own life. I am amazed that I have to explain this.
>>
>>84639788
I used to subscribe to your views.
The thing that changed my view was -
It's all making excuses.
There is no such thing as "ethical meat" or "ethical milk" and there never will be.
Unless you are hunting in the wild, you're paying someone to do the dirty work.
>>
>>84634267
I miss 2012 /tv/
>>
>>84655504
>The thing that changed my view was -
>It's all making excuses.
If your views can be so fundamentally changed by such a vapid non-statement then I doubt they were held very strongly to begin with.
>>
>>84655220
I hope you realize you shifted the goal posts.

You are going to be murdered and, assuming, you'd prefer not to be, the means of your murder is irrelevant.
>>
>>84656237
You clearly don't know what "shifting the goal posts" entails.
Preferring not to be murdered does not make the means irrelevant. This is just another non-sequitur.
>>
>>84656237
>would you rather be tortured to death or killed instantly?
>hurr it doesn't matter
>>
>>84656334
So you're saying you'd be fine with being murdered as long as it was painless.
>>
>>84656439
That's not what I'm saying.
Read my post instead of making something up if you wish to know what I'm saying.
>>
>>84656480
So you're shifting goal posts. And you're unaware of it.

That's swell.
>>
>>84656522
Am I now?
Why don't you explain what you think that means?
>>
File: IMG_0086.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0086.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>Livestock exists for us to consume it but that doesn't mean we need to be ripping beaks off of chickens and stuffing them so close to each other they physically can't move.
It does if you don't want your tendies to be $50/pound. There's too many mouths to feed for each chicken to get a vacation home and a 401k
>>
File: IMG_0077.jpg (55KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0077.jpg
55KB, 600x392px
>>84633681
Livestock exists for us to consume it but that doesn't mean we need to be ripping beaks off of chickens and stuffing them so close to each other they physically can't move.
It does if you don't want your tendies to be $50/pound. Too many mouths to feed for each chicken to have a vacation home and 401k
>>
>>84656661
Exactly. We shouldn't be concerned with feeding the world. Citizens and leaders of all nations should be concerned only with feeding their own people. No more importing millions of outsiders to feed or sending food to Africa which only exacerbates their problems.
We need homogeneous nations that care for their own, and an end to the perverse globalist marketplace.
>>
>>84633209
WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>84656632
What about you fuck off faggot?
>>
>>84657443
Flipping the proverbial table I see. Can't say it was unexpected.
>>
>>84639549
But not eating meat or meat by products doesn't help animals. Their suffering only goes to waste because the products produced from them are going to waste due to lack of consumption.

Unless a Vegan actively engages in domestic terrorism to kill ranchers, destroy slaughter houses and release livestock into the wild then they aren't actually doing anything. They're just virtue signalling
>>
>>84657833
Fuck off commie scum
>>
File: 946788016.jpg (75KB, 948x948px) Image search: [Google]
946788016.jpg
75KB, 948x948px
>>84657937
Now that's just uncalled for.
>>
File: 1499143606412.png (8KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499143606412.png
8KB, 650x650px
>>84633209
>Genetically engineer super live stock
>Making them intelligent enough to develop a dog-like companionship with humans
>Making them intelligent enough to complete complex tasks such as use their body-weight as a pully to save a girl from falling to her death or send off one of their young to another of their species so that it can escape.

What were they thinking? That's fundamentally bound to to get PETA types riled up because unlike most of the animals they anthropomorphise to garner empathy over that's something that directly displays enough intelligence to comprehend its own situation.

They had the ability to engineer the perfect livestock and they didn't try to make it as cognitively inept as possible? They didn't make something that would suffer the least in industrial meat farming conditions?
>>
>>84633763
Well it wasn't a pig, they never tell you what it's genetically composed of but clearly a lot of hippo DNA is in it. Okja was designed to exaggerate the animal's worth as a companion rather than food. It's high intelligence was only done to suck anyone in who'd try to argue about the issue of human empathy since intelligent animals are easier to defend. T

he relationship between the girl could have been applicable to any farm animal, since farm kids do grow attached to animals before they're taught not to.

The main flaw in this is that the Miranda corporation trying to pretend they "found" the species would get most people scratching their heads and that they designed something intelligent for human consumption.
>>
>>84644685
They would have never sold okja before the contest. Showing her off was too valuable. After the whole fiasco, okja became worthless as a promotional stunt. So it became cheaper and they were willing to sell it
>>
>>84639406
She's not an activist. She just wanted her hippo thing back the whole time the activists were just using her in the same way as the corporation but under the veil of muh fee fees.
>>
>>84659293

That's the thing. I don't think the movie was trying to be that political, but rather uses the political struggle between Food Inc and animal rights as a backdrop for a story about a girl who just wanted her friend back.

We may eat animals, but it's a strange dichotomy we have when we can also befriend them.
>>
>>84653830

Are you legitimately retarded or from PETA >>84653830
>>
>>84654211

I'm going to murder you in five would you like it quick and painless or shall I waterboard you until you're so mentally fragile you beg for death and then the physical torture starts
>>
>>84658208

Pigs have the equivalent intelligence of a four year old and most people don't give a shit
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.