[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on The Night of the Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

>>
>>84630704
I've been trying to remember the god damn name of this movie for so God damn long.
I could only remember the scene where the two of them are singing together while she's holding the shotgun watching him sitting in front of the house.
The little girl comes down the stairs with a candle, illuminating the scene as he disappears (you can see him moving as she enters the scene). Excellent shit.
>>
cult film simply for great performance. Use of lighting top notch for film then

Has its problems, some acting is awful and script is quite dogshit
>>
The definition of kino.
>>
A real shame the director did no other films. It's been but a handful of things really stuck with me, the story of love and hate, the kids hiding under the stairs, the river, Robert Mitchum singing, and the reveal of the fate of the mother are all great.
>>
>>84630704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oyqrD1peo
>>
pleb filter.
>>
>>84632174
liking it is being the pleb, I agree.
>>
>>84630704
The BvS of its time.
>>
>>84633995
go away
>>
>>84634050
Ok I'll go away and watch a film that is
>visually stunning
>critically panned upon release
>recognized as masterpiece by patricians
Oh that could be either film
>>
>>84630704
Overrated. Nice little story, great visuals but overall not that great.
>>
File: 349582935.png (227KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
349582935.png
227KB, 720x540px
LLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNING
>>
>>84634826

Love this film. Use of shadows is phenomenal and Robert Mitchum is great as usual. Scene in OPs image is one of my favourites.

Only problem is the ending part where Mitchums character does that ridiculous scream for some reason.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.