[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to find the name of a series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 5a2EVQn.jpg (301KB, 962x572px) Image search: [Google]
5a2EVQn.jpg
301KB, 962x572px
A couple years back, I caught this show about alien invasions. It was supposed to be a sort of realistic documentary/fiction of Earth's initial reactions and so on. The biggest parts I remember:

-Small black balls started appearing all over Earth
-Everyone treats these balls like the plague
-Eventually, everyone is used to or enjoys their presence since they are literally almost everywhere
-They are of an unknown material
-A ship shows up and the balls start merging and/or activating
-Earth eventually tries to send an expedition into the ship
-They find no signs of life as we known it on the ship

Any help or leads? This has been driving me mad for awhile.
>>
>>84628414
bump for interest

is OP making this up?
>>
>>84628414
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Encounters_(TV_series)
>>
>>84628414
Day the earth stood still?

just a guess
>>
>>84629238
Btw, this is what you're looking for, OP. I remember the scene where they put a lander on the alien ship and find a giant "heart" but when they go to scan it the entire ship breaks apart into the balls. Then the next parts involve the balls falling to earth and attaching themselves to people.
>>
>>84629238
Thank you so much! All the search terms and Google-fu I could come up with was too vague to find it. This was it.
>>
>>84630563
Why is google intentionally obfuscating things from humans now? aliens black balls would have led to this result on the first page in the heyday of altavista.
>>
>>84630639
I wouldn't try do an image search for that these days
>>
>>84630639
its the lizard people i tell you what. they dont want you to kn
>>
>>84629730
That definitely isn't what he's looking for. OP is looking for either a doctor who episode or a black mirror episode, I'm pretty sure it's from doctor who though. I'll try to find it.
>>
File: 1439568860973.gif (3MB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1439568860973.gif
3MB, 249x249px
>>84630639
Search results are catered and skewed for the person searching for them.
If 10 people with 10 different browsing histories from different parts of the world tried to search the same thing, you would get 10 vastly different search results.
Its sort of like how ads target everyone differently, but using a far more advanced algorithm.
>>
>>84630672
This was my first result
kek
>>
>>84630639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ofWFx525s
>>
>>84630748
Now I know why I couldn't find it. They were cubes, not balls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Three_(Doctor_Who)
>>
>>84630818
OP already said the other thing was what he was looking for.
>>
>>84630818
Thank you so much! This is what I was looking for, for certain sure. Got confused for a bit by weird posts and search tomfoolery and what-not but this is it.
>>
>>84630924
It doesn't matter, his description fits this doctor who episode PERFECTLY except that they're cubes instead of spheres. This episode aired two years before the show OP in his infinite shit taste wants to see again did. Shameful.
>>
>>84631017
thank you so much
>>
>>84629238
>>84628414
sounds interesting
maybe i should give it a wa-
"The series is presented as a science fiction drama intermixed with commentary from scientists and sci-fi writers."
ew nevermind
>>
>>84630639
It's a product of a "smarter" Internet. There's a wide variety of programs & algorithms which can all be summed up by the phrase "suggested for you" which have us all surfing in little circles. It can make the internet seem like a smaller, more compartmentalized "space" when it's really as big as it's ever been. Perfect example is Youtube. It used to be easy to wander for hours through a wide variety of different genres and topics just using the discovery queue. Now you have to strategically pick your next video if you don't want to get stuck in a content loop. It's reminiscent of the old Random to Random Wikipedia game where you have to bridge topics to get anywhere and it's much easier to back out to the search bar and re-query. Problem is, you need to know where you want to end up ahead of time which is much less fun and seems a bit like soft information control.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.