[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: babbydriver.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
babbydriver.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
What did /tv/ think?

I thought it was just ok.

I liked the use of Hocus Pocus during the shootout. Does anyone here remember the Third Quarter stream?
>>
>>84626345
absolute master piece, now you can go ahead argue with me on that but you'd be wrong
>>
cute flick but Terminator Jon Hamm was awful

Drive remains the only true music-heavy autistic criminal driver masterpiece
>>
What were some times yo acted like the Baby Driver?
>>
>>84626809
Drive and Baby Driver are the exact same fucking movie. Baby Driver is just more violent
Also fuck you, Buddy going apeshit was fun
>>
theres never been such a clear case of reddit vs 4chan , re: Drive
>>
>>84626345
Yeah it was just okay. Some funny moments and the beginning car chase was cool. Everything else was just weird and awkwardly written.
>>
>>84627126

Drive had much more gore. exploding head shot in the opening sequence. Drive also has the better soundtrack.
>>
>>84627378
More gore =/= more violence
For fucks sake I knew you would say that
>>
>>84627378
>exploding head shot in the opening sequence.
which Drive are we talking about? this happened later in the movie
>>
>>84626809
Agreed.
>>
good action scenes
bad everything else

thankfully it was mostly action scenes
>>
>>84628057
The tension scenes were pretty nerve wrecking to some degree
>>
File: 1495918442597.jpg (22KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495918442597.jpg
22KB, 277x400px
>>84626345
>BEEEAAABEEEWHYYY BABY

The grl was quite acute
>>
File: shelly.png (201KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
shelly.png
201KB, 500x368px
First for Debora looks like Shelly.
>>
yea I got a question when was baby driver set? it was set in the mid 2000s right?
>>
>>84628657
Shelly is 9/10 this girl was a hard 7. I know what you mean though. Seemed intentional
>>
File: IMG_1406.jpg (42KB, 1242x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1406.jpg
42KB, 1242x365px
>>
>>84628657
its still fucking with me, its like they plucked her right out of 1990 or got her daughter or something
>>
>>84630103
Fuck ANTHONY BOURDAIN.
>>
File: hello.jpg (191KB, 1391x1901px) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
191KB, 1391x1901px
Easy.
Easy like Sunday morning.
>>
Just saw it!

We enjoyed it, except the black guy (who I suspect snuck in after another movie ended) kept snoring next us. 2nd time that scenario happened in 6wks.
>>
>>84631012
>not notifying your local Klan members right away
Mine would have had them hanging upside down with a fork up their ass 50 years ago.
>>
>>84626345
Should have ended in an ambiguous note, the moment he got caught

>Baby was a good boy
>He he gave back my purse
>He dindu nuffin
>>
Nice comfy movie. Expected it to pick up some more towards the end, but was still satisfied. The gunfire syncing to the music was a nice touch.
>>
>>84628410
Agreed. It had a good balance of surreal and grounded.
>>
>>84631237
The last 10 minutes were atrocious.
>>
Saw two night ago, fun movie. Think the audio was off in my theater. The first car scene the music was so low. Towards the end the audio seem to be ramped up crazy loud. Or is that apart of the movie?
>>
I think i enjoyed it. I feel like it's going to end uo being compared to birdman with all the music.
>>
Thought it was pretty cool, some Edgar weight hallmarks in there like the zippy shots in hot fuzz and Scott pilgrim. The getaway scenes were done really well. I found the girl easy on the eye and it had a nice soundtrack. I rate it 8 because I think the ending was a bit drawn out and some of baby's back story was a bit far fetched.
>>
>>84631272
I guarantee the studio pushed for a happy ending with that shit.
>>
>>84631242
>The gunfire syncing to the music was a nice touch.

That sounds cringey as fuck to be honest.
>>
Are you easy like Sunday morning /tv/?
>>
>>84627493
Gore>violence
>>
>>84630103
And fuck white people
>>
>>84630103
Why does he hate it
>>
>>84627126
the violence in Drive had much more weight to it. Jewish Gangster guy cutting up Breaking Bad was nasty.
>>
im not /tv/ but i liked it

i got tinnitus too
>>
i like how they set up the nigger as mr super perceptive insane hardass only for baby to lynch his ass
>>
>>84626809
Jon Hamm is an alcoholic with a bad agent
>>
Baby driver had more fun characters. Buddy stole the show and also at the end Kevin Spacey turning good was fun.

Overall everyone was a fun character to watch.
>>
>>84626914
stepped out of a car as soon as the sporkcore part of Starless started
>>
>>84632637
>fun
>fun
>fun
kys
>>
>>84632524
dunno about that. he was in the hottest summer movie after all
>>
It's interesting that Baby was the actual villain of the movie and Buddy was basically the hero that failed in the end.

Literally everything bad that occurred happened because Baby was autistic.
>>
>>84633126
buddy did nothing wrong but baby wasn't a villain. it was a heroic thing to kill the nigger even if it got them in trouble -it was not his intention.
>>
Saw it twice and noticed more stuff on the second viewing. Like the rainbow in the final scene, earlier quote im Post Office was "Everybody wants Happiness nobody wants Pain but you can't have a Rainbow without a little Rain." And he quotes more than Monsters Inc, like how he quoted Brad Pitt in Fight Club when he asks JD "How's that working out for you?" in response to changing his HATE tattoo to HAT

Also is it just me or does the MC have a really weird body? Something about the way he walks and his weak chin
>>
>>84633272
Another thing, when Buddy, Darling, and Bats are discussing the job, Baby drives a blue car off the table, same blue car he uses to drive the poles through Bats

And there was something about it ending on foot
>>
>>84633237

It really wasn't. Not only did killing the nigger get Buddy's girlfriend killed and ultimately Doc, but also the myriad cops who eventually got involved.

The heroic thing to have done was not go forward with the heist in the first fucking place. He had the option to do so TWICE but punked out because he was scared Bats would merc him after. Hardly heroic.
>>
I liked it. I'll take it any day over literally any capeshit. It wasn't amazing but what is these days?
>>
>>84633344
It's borderline capeshit
>>
>>84633380
True, but all that comes out nowadays is capeshit, kidshit, oscarshit, and chickshit. At least this was made for adults.
>>
>>84633126
everything went south cause of foxxs character
>>
>>84633272
>does the MC have a really weird body
he's tall and has an extremely long torso
>>
>>84633342
bitch got killed cause she tried to fucking rambo all those goddamn cops. she could have gotten arrested but no, her death is on her.
>>
>>84633342
*murk

that wouldn't have been heroic, it would have be reasonable and logical. taking a stand after making a mistake doesn't make him a villain, it makes him a human bean.
>>
File: IMG_3205.jpg (26KB, 347x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3205.jpg
26KB, 347x389px
>>84626345
U talking shit?
>>
File: 123456.png (79KB, 570x509px) Image search: [Google]
123456.png
79KB, 570x509px
Lily James/Deborah literally my waifu now, the perfect woman
>>
>Reuse the Hocus Pocus/gunfight bit from Robocop
It's genius because nobody actually watched it
>>
>What is it you do?
>I baby drive
>>
>>84633426
for you
>>
File: 0051200.png (80KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
0051200.png
80KB, 192x256px
I just saw it and was loving it till John Hamm turned into terminator near the end . Why can't directors resist turning it up to eleven during a second or third tacked on ending every fucking time. "Surprise its another ending portion, isn't this great and surprising?" Not surprised sorry.

90% pure greatness 10% shit
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.