[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Independence Day Resurgence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_9005.jpg (64KB, 960x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9005.jpg
64KB, 960x517px
What went wrong?
>>
>>84623983
Actors were shit and the stakes didnt feel high enough. Also they shouldve made it more XCOM like.
>>
Thinking they could make it without Will Smith.

>that final scene teasing a 3rd movie where they go to the alien's planet to fight in an intergalactic war
>>
>>84623983
They came back.
>>
A sequel to a shit movie turned out to be shit? Stop the presses
>>
>>84623983
no one buys the american as the good guys meme anymore
>>
File: maika monroe.jpg (148KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
maika monroe.jpg
148KB, 1000x648px
i want to marry maika
>>
>>84623983
>making a sequel no one wanted to a film that came out over 20 years ago
>>
it was actually way better than it deserved to be
>>
>What went wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFGtkwXANX8
>>
It's a shame because the idea was pretty original. Idiots called it just a soulless reboot but there really aren't many if any at all movies with the plot of what happens after the alien invasion where earth had won. This sequel made perfect sense to exist.
>>
>>84624303
>no one wanted
Speak for yourself
>>
In the 90s it was a nice call back to what was being channeled through the 50s; the ultimate fear of what would happen if we were actually invaded by aliens, the reaction of our government and society.
Today a sequel is just lost in an ocean of films cashing in on ideas similar or even bigger. Say what you will about it, but cloverfield captures the same feeling in a much better way.
>>
Da joos did it
>>
>>84624208
>Original ID
>shit movie

The only thing here shit is your opinion.
>>
>>84623983

It tried to the first one all over again. The original is a 90's movie through and through. The sequel goes pure sci-fi and is hallow and tried.

The ground war idea? That should have been a movie. Could have been a decent stop gap to make fox some money while trying to come up with a real sequel.

The idea these aliens have invaded other worlds and there's other races trying to stop them and want to earth to join? This is a great idea.

Earth rebuilds even bigger and better in 20 years with super technology and goes full military mode killing a potential ally? come on....
>>
it was a blatant cash grab. at least the first movie tried to be serious.
>>
>>84623983
almost everything
>shit actors/annoying actors
>chinese pandering
>too much cgi alien crap on both sides
>not enough african warlord
>retarded story
they couldn't even get pullman's speech right
>>
It was too big too much of the time. None of the set-pieces had any weight because it was just one huge CGI event after another. The original had pacing, there's uptime and downtime, big scenes and small scenes, slow scenes and fast scenes. Not so here.
>>
Thinking about it I liked how they used alien tech to make our society more advanced it just didn't really seem that advanced.

It tried to be more "international" with the obvious China dick sucking, boat crew that had no real purpose, and African warlord dude (He actually was kind of interesting).

The alien AI thing is straight up Deus ex machina and it's sequel hook was cringe worthy.
>>
File: 1443054970135.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443054970135.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
The original movie sucked and the sequel was shitting. The forced casting of that wooden Asian woman was such an obvious nod to soulless Chink audiences that it was cringeworthy. The old Jew father figure was so annoying it made me wish the Holocaust had actually taken place

trash film desu senpai
>>
>>84623983
they took the main story of ID4, fast forwarded, and threw in a bunch of side quests and "yay us! go humans!" shit.
>>
>>84624417
i wanted an immediate aftermath film that showed the humans tallying their losses and mopping up the alien forces that still remained. they could've ended with the ship in africa, finding out more about their origins and finding out that the mother ship wasn't really the mother ship.
>>
>>84623983
Should have ended on a downer. Earth should have be destroyed at the end and remains of humanity evacuate on the Alien ark (that got destroyed earlier). It would have set up for a third with allied species in the fight.
>>
>>84623983
The alien/hybrid jetfighters should have been transformable mecha.
>>
>>84623983
OOOOOOOOOOOOY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
>>
File: zovTSl.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zovTSl.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
>presidents wife dies in ID1
>she is alive in ID2
>>
>>84627108
That's not the same character or actress you idjut.
>>
>>84627108

you dumb
>>
>>84627108
You could have mentioned the Area 51 scientist, but you went full retard instead.
>>
The most vulnerable part of entire movie is protected by impossible fortifications. Then she just fucks off easy peasy please shove a nuke right up my alien cunt.
>>
>>84623983
No David Arnold score. IDR needed more of the Uber Alles theme music.
>>
>>84627108
that's his secretary that was Goldblum's main squeeze.
>>
File: 1421986290838.jpg (383KB, 1904x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1421986290838.jpg
383KB, 1904x1299px
>>84624046

My nigga. XCOM the movie needs to happen.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.