[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw pic related a few days ago and enjoyed it. Thought it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: embracetheserpant.jpg (148KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
embracetheserpant.jpg
148KB, 630x1200px
Saw pic related a few days ago and enjoyed it. Thought it was a bit down to earth for what it was but it reminded me a lot of Ben Wheatly's A Field in England which I also liked a lot. Can anon recommend me more 'foreign' based psychedelic films like these two? They dont have to be black and white but I did find that similarity to be striking.
>>
File: 1486002365476.gif (2MB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
1486002365476.gif
2MB, 300x369px
No kino fans here I see....thats fine, ill come back when reddit is asleep.
>>
>>84622396
If you have mubi check out From What Is Before
>>
For a second I thought that was a black dude ...I would have quit life if it had been .
>>
File: 1478144098588.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478144098588.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>84622984
>From What Is Before
>5 hours 38 god damn fucking minutes.
I dont have mubi but I will be checking this out if I can find it, thank you anon....
>>84622999
Trips saved us all the embarrassment anon.
>>
>>84622396
Haven't seen OP film, but off the top of my head:

Aguirre, the Wrath of God is pretty "mad" as far as being similar to A Field in England goes. It's set during the 1500s, following a group conquistadors. Very crazy film with the way it was filmed and what the actors had to go though (floating on makeshift rafts down the rapids of a huge amazonian river, etc). I can recommend this just for the final shot.

Pierrot le Fou, (and other Godard films probably), has an somewhat-incoherent outdoors setting for a large portion of the film.

Sorcerer (1977) becomes quite "psychedelic" in its final act. You can really feel the heat and frenzy, both mental and the literal (set in tropics) throughout.

Valhalla Rising I'd say is very similar to A Field in England, both in tone and setting, and seems like exactly what you're looking for.

Stalker (Tarkovsky) has surrealist elements.
>>
File: 1473543912716.jpg (3MB, 5135x3447px) Image search: [Google]
1473543912716.jpg
3MB, 5135x3447px
>>84623468
Thank you very much anon, I had been meaning to watch aguirre and valhalla rising but I will check out the other as well. I would rec Embrace anyway, its lacking in pzazz but has some very cool transitional and 'mad' moments.
>>
>>84622909
where is that gif from
its bretty cool
>>
>>84622396
>>84623641

Anything by Wojciech Has (specially Hourglass Sanatorium), Possession by Zulawski, Mother Joan of Angels by Kawalerowicz and Marketa Lazarova.
>>
>>84622396
only similarity between this and a field in england is they're both black and white, you idiot
>>
>>84622396
>hunter gatherer peoples

Take a few university level anthropology classes and you learn a lot of nasty stuff about these kind of primitive peoples. Lots of interpersonal violence, rape, sexual assault, incest etc..

It is pretty nasty stuff desu
>>
>>84622396
Aguirre / Wrath of God

Shot by Werner Herzog back in 1972 on location in Peru. A bunch of Spanish conquistadors and their slaves drive deeper and deeper into the jungle in search of the hidden city El Dorado. They lose men, food and equpment to illness and aboriginal savages by the day and start drifting more and more into delusion of grandeur and paranoid madness the further they come. Beautifully and realistically shot with Klaus Kinski in one of his best roles.He and Herzog had an ongoing hate&love relationship that spawned some of Kinskis worst outbursts on set in the jungle and a documentary by Herzog about the difficult shoot and Kinski's behavior.
Music is another highlight, fine ambient Krautrock by Popul Vuh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbBur_bSUE
>>
op watch I Can See You
>>
>>84622909
No matter what time it is, most of /tv/ have never seen south american films
>>
File: 1492499897220.jpg (64KB, 598x414px) Image search: [Google]
1492499897220.jpg
64KB, 598x414px
>>84625602
No clue, sorry friend.
>>84626450
Was meaning to see hourglass, ill check mother joan though, thanks.
>>84626512
Foreign, psychedelic themes, searching for something occult or mystical, set in a certain time period with rigid accuracy, independent in the way that matters so the artists got to do everything they wanted/needed, themes of time and space being convoluted. I could go on anon...
>>84626825
Think the movie helped show and explain that as well.
>>84627350
Yeah been meaning to check it.
>>84627523
Loved that one! Though the musical number kind of lost me...
>>84627724
Fair....
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.