[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this, /tv/. Was he rushing or dragging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Whiplash2.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Whiplash2.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Let's settle this, /tv/.

Was he rushing or dragging?
>>
Oh come the fuck on.
>>
RUSHING
>>
File: Planecrash 2.jpg (285KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Planecrash 2.jpg
285KB, 1366x768px
3 years ago, I came across a kid in a practice room working on his cowboy stance. He was early 2nd year and he'd started at the Agency with a lot of hope...like all you guys. But the truth was he was barely called in to begin with and uhh....he was really struggling. The people in charge here were all telling him "Maybe this isn't for you"...but they didn't see what I saw...a scared small guy cursing himself because he couldn't figure out if he should shoot a man before or after throwing him out of a plane. I saw a master plan in him, and I put him in his own Studio Plane. And when he graduated, Ittin made him third agent at the CIA. A year later he was CIA. And that's who you're all dressed as now.

His name was Bill Wilson..... I find out this morning that....Bill....died yesterday...in a plane crash....no survivors. They found him in the wreckage...and uhh..I just....I wanted you guys to know.... that he was a big guy.............I just wanted you guys to know.
>>
Neither
It was a test and you are all fucking stupid for failing it
>>
Neither, the teacher was just testing him
>>
>>84618461
the difference is so minute and practically imperceptible that it's safe to say this teacher guy was fucking with him cuz he's a piece of shit who never amounted to anything in his life and is stuck in a dead end job, and he'll do anything to make others pay for his fuckups

in short
>>
>>84620926
>the difference is so minute and practically imperceptible
Only because he wasn't actually rushing or dragging. If he was doing either, it would be detrimental to the entire band.
>>
Russian Dragon
>>
File: whiplash_u_are_just_my_tempo_;).jpg (60KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
whiplash_u_are_just_my_tempo_;).jpg
60KB, 1024x735px
I spend a decent enough time with a number of my musician friends while constantly trying to listen to new music. That doesn't make me some kind of authority on tempo, but my life seems to be surrounded by music and its analysis. I think my ears are quite sensitive to subtle changes in volume, tone, pitch, rhythm, etc. For me personally, I couldn't hear any difference in Neiman's tempo. Though you have to remember that when Fletcher was correcting him, Neiman would only continue playing for a second or two before being interrupted again. So there was a very short amount of time to really analyze whether or not Neiman was dragging/rushing, let alone how his personal tempo compared to Fletcher's ideal. I just watched the movie a few days ago, by the way. If I had to say one or the other, I think Fletcher was lying to Neiman on purpose. Fletcher had to plant the seed of doubt within Neiman in order for him to grow into a better musician.
>>
Neither, he was playing it perfectly, you misunderstood the scene
>>
jazz sucks
>>
Btw it's almost impossible to know the tempo innately without the use of a metronome
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.