[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which will you be watching today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: deerhunterapocalypse.jpg (21KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
deerhunterapocalypse.jpg
21KB, 337x253px
Which will you be watching today?
>>
Saving Ryan's Privates
>>
I rewatched apocalypse now two days ago
>>
>>84614329
>that unnecessarily long wedding scene in Deer Hunter

never again.
>>
>>84614430
Ultimate pleb, it's necessary to get attached to the characters and their setting.
>>
>>84614329
I've been meaning to watch The Deer Hunter again for ages but I'm scared it won't live up to the memories I have from watching it as a kid.
>>
best war film of all time? I'd recommend this movie to pretty much anyone. this is not a "chore-watch" film like a lot of Criterion titles, it's sharp, fast-paced and engrossing all the way through. Doesn't feel outdated or old-fashioned at all
>>
>>84614612
yeah, half an hour of wide angle shots of a crowded wedding hall are completely necessary to do that. the vietnam segments, hunting scenes, and various other parts totally didn't achieve the same thing.
>>
>>84614430
>getting attached
kek what? you dont attached no body except maybe deniros character. the deer hunter is so fucking overrated. its not bad but its definitely not on the same level as apocalypse now and you can barely consider that shit a nam movie
>>
File: 1498942048889.png (13KB, 528x424px) Image search: [Google]
1498942048889.png
13KB, 528x424px
watched The Deer Hunter last night because it's my favorite drunk movie
i wasn't planning on it but i'm gonna watch Apocalypse Now tonight because of this thread
>>
>>84614748
Again, I think it gives you a real sense of place, which is necessary given that the point of the movie is their inability to settle back into that town.
Also, you replied to the wrong comment, but I won't call you a retard. I won't even mention your horrible writing.
>>
i agree. apocalypse now 10/10; deer hunter 7.4/10
>>
>>84614430

Gen Z everyone
>>
Do you guys like Platoon? Full Metal Jacket?
>>
>>84615180
FMJ was 8/10, haven't seen platoon. cba.
>>
Apoc Now on Laserdisc tonight on very high volume as soon as my neighbors start lighting firecrackers in their yard.
>>
>>84614430
It's interesting how that sorta shit lead to the reception that Heaven's Gate got.
>>
Platoon
>>
>>84614430
The best scene. Very unsettling on rewatch when you know the events the proceed. Only spewing plebs think otherwise.
>>
i watched silence and now i wanna kill myself
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.