/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you I hated it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: LIT.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
LIT.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
Fuck you I hated it
>>
plebe, was a great film,
>>
>>84609141
Most of us did. Only pretentious boring cunts rate it.

Literally, nothing happens:the movie
>>
File: 1498987022035.jpg (33KB, 690x527px) Image search: [Google]
1498987022035.jpg
33KB, 690x527px
>>84609141
>Oh look he can't relate to loneliness.
>>
The Neon Demon
>>
>>84609141
i liked it
>>
>>84609700
>muh plot
>>
>girl marries successful guy she clearly dislikes
>is attractive
>majors in philosophy
>flirts with elderly actor in secret from her boyfriend
>we're supposed to even remotely connect with her character
>>
>>84610971
>MUH STORY
It's just about the atmosphere anon, stop being autistic. Just enjoy it. If anything, it's Bill you're supposed to relate to
>>
>>84609141
ITT: 16-year-old contrarians
>>
Bored Normalfags: The Movie

Nothing important happens, to characters we have no reason to care about, and it ends with a special "fuck you audience" scene to really make it clear you've wasted your time.
>>
>>84609141
feels like a bootleg Jim Jarmusch film. I don't think disliking this movie is very unpopular on this board.
>>
Friendly reminder that Scarlett Johansson was 17 when she showed her ass in this.
>>
>>84609141
What did he say to her at the end of the movie? No stupid replies please.
>>
>>84612953
>MUH STOOOORY
What is it with plebs that makes them unable to enjoy a film without a story?
>>
>>84611316
bill murray is so fucking ugly but in this magical movie he can pull a 10 with literally no effort. fuck you, fuck this movie
>>
>>84613192
This movie has nothing else going for it unless you're a weeaboo who just likes to look at japanese buildings.
>>
>>84609141
>Fuck you I have the same opinion on this film as 90% of /tv/
Fuck you I liked it :(
>>
>>84609141
The atmosphere was really nice. I liked how the guy's loneliness contrasted with how fast everything was in Japan.

I probably won't rewatch it, but it really was an atmospheric film instead of a narrative one.
>>
>>84609141
WOW IS THAT BLACK WIDOW?
Do we get to see her titties in this flick?
>>
>>84609141
pleb desu
>>
>>84609141
I didn't like it when I first saw it in high school, but I saw it again many years later and liked it.
>>
>>84613188
for you
>>
One of the better films of the early 2000's

Too bad sofia hasnt made another good movie besides that
>>
>>84610971
>fuckin giving a shit about this little slut
I always felt that Bill Murray was the main character.
>>
>let's have a movie about basic human emotion, that'll be great
It wasn't. There was nothing in that movie, nothing. There were no character arcs, there was no story, there was no great cinematography, it wasn't deep or smart. It didn't offer anything
>>
>>84609141
sophia coppola's try to be woody allen
>also woody allen is shit
>muh love, lets fuck my stepdaughter
>>
>>84609265
Fuck you. I hated it too. Stupid slow unfunny flick.

>>84609700
Good to know. I was starting to thing I was the only smart soul in this stupid board.
>>
>>84613496
You must be retarded if you didnt find all of that in the movie.

The movie is about finding your soulmate. Not necessarily a lover but someone you know you should have in your life. Also it depicts it in a strong realistic way that feels yet feels very dreamlike.

These two characters unsatisfied with themselves and they way their life is happen to meet each other off chance halfway across the world. Realize how much they can play off each other and eventually end up caring for each other only to be swiftly taken out of it like waking up from a really short but great dream that you wanted to last longer

I remember reading somewhere that the bright city neon thats just kind of visual background noise was supposed to play into this subconscious fantasy vibe to give the dream like feeling to the movie.
>>
Plebs here don't understand it because they're autistic virgin manchildren that have never experienced legit romance in their lives and have never had to go through the bittersweet feeling that comes with having your time with someone you love cut short when you were just getting started.

They just see that the characters are rich and pretty so their bitter envy and resentment blocks them from relating to the two protagonists. They also, lack empathy and therefore can't imagine what the characters are going through and how they're feeling.

Even the film's score and atmosphere can't get to them because they're so incapable of feeling and they're music plebs as well. It's really sad desu because they're missing out on a great film.
>>
>>84613192
Because when the story is subpar or non-existent, you've got to have at least 1 (one) of these things to somewhat make up for it:

Great visuals
Interesting characters
A good soundtrack
Dialogue that isn't shit

This film had none of the above
>>
>>84613687
>people don't like movie
>you all lack empathy! virgins! manchildren!
sounds like you might be the one that's divorced from reality if you can't see that this is a terribly contrived film.
>>
>>84613686
Again,
>let's have a movie about basic human emotion
that's literally it
>>
>>84613794
Manchild detected
>>
>>84613729
It does have visuals and a soundtrack. That's exactly what it has and that's why people like it. It's like a music video.
>>
>>84613841
Thats a very poor iterpretation on the film. With that logic that line could be applied to about almost every film ever made
>>
>>84613687
No you retard, it's completely the other way around. It's YOU who has never felt what was in the movie, that's why you thought it was so great. If someone has gone through these motions, this movie is just basically a page telling "a feeling like this exists" which isn't very exciting when you've felt it yourself. It's has no meat on the bones at all, it's a quick glimpse on something that had such an everlasting effect on your life when it happened to you. It's a canvas barely painted on

If there was a movie about anger, people who have been angry would find it bland as fuck. But someone who has never been angry would be fascinated by how different feelings of hopelessness, bitterness, frustration etc what have you can spring to life into an expression like that
>>
>>84613995
But the overall meaning of the film is that those moments are fleeting. That they come and go so fast and just have to cherish them and enjoy the ride. The ending is supposed to leave you wanting more because that's what that moment feels like. You don't want to say goodbye.

The film's minimalism is a stylistic choice meant to mimic the nature of a good dream or memory that you can't recall entirely but still feel the effects from as well as the feeling that you didn't do more with that special someone. They literally use shoegaze and dreampop music in the film along with an ambient score. The film's atmosphere is meant to be dreamlike.

It's not the film's fault that you dwell on that moment and can't move on from it because you want more or want it to be more detailed because you feel it doesn't do justice to your experience.

Or maybe you're just an MRA fuckwad that can't enjoy films because you don't like female directors, idk.
>>
File: 1497455271777.jpg (180KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497455271777.jpg
180KB, 630x1200px
>>84609141
I turned it off halfway through, the 'I bet you're wondering how I got here' narration was obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>84609141
I did too. I think I would have liked it if I saw it as a 16 year old but since I've seen the same type of movies but done good, and no soulless hollywood garbage aimed at teenage girls, I did not appreciate it very much
>>
>>84614879
>Or maybe you're just an MRA fuckwad that can't enjoy films because you don't like female directors, idk.
lmao
>>
>>84614879
I'm pretty sure you're a virgin
>>
>>84609141
i just watched this. it was enjoyable, but no really big payoff at the end.
>>
>tv needs a spoonfed plot and huge set pieces

fucking disgusting peasants
>>
File: 1472012776303.jpg (152KB, 620x797px) Image search: [Google]
1472012776303.jpg
152KB, 620x797px
/tv/, you know you are allowed to like individual scenes or acts within a film without liking or even having an opinion on the entire as a whole, right?
>>
>>84613729
What the fuck? Most pleb thing I've read in my life.
>>
>>84613687
This is accurate. I think /mu/ would probably like this better than /tv/.
>>
>>84609141
Same here. Characters were boring and their relationship/internal struggle didn't really resonate me.
>>
>>84613496
>a film about human emotion doesn't offer anything
without having even seen the film I can tell that your vision of what makes a good film is not my vision. Films aren't just building blocks of story, character and action to be just mashed together.
>>
>>84613794
all the criticism seems to relate to it's lack of explosiony action. I think he's right.
>>
File: 1450556411921.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450556411921.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
This movie sucks and i'll never understand the love for it on this board. You always see people talking about the 'atmosphere', or the underlying 'emotions', or how beautiful (lol) the soundtrack is, but it's all phony. i can think of plenty of other films that actually offer all of this as substance while also looking gorgeous and having a tightly written plot. Sofia is a huge hack, and it's funny watching people say
>well, all of her films are shit OUTSIDE of this one!
wonder why that is, kids? This movie is a certified pleb filter in the fact that only plebs enjoy it because they try and to find depth in it when there isn't any. I remember some dude saying this 'is a feminine movie, and if you didn't enjoy it you're not in touch with your feminine side'
literally sums up the entire fanbase for this movie: whiny feely faggots. someone telling you that this is one of their favorite films is a sure fire way to spot out a pleb who only watches entry level trash because others tell him it's good; also has a 90% chance of The Life Aquatic also being in his top 5.
>>
The Just Like Honey scene was good because of Just Like Honey. The rest was just booooooring
>>
>>84616644
>i can think of plenty of other films that actually offer all of this as substance while also looking gorgeous and having a tightly written plot

oh ya? like what movies :^)
>>
>>84616644
I really liked TLAWSZ the first time I watched it. Not as much the second. I really hated LIT though, from the very beginning.
>>
>be me
>watching Andy Milonakis streaming from korea/japan for the past month
>it looks exactly like this movie, he even stayed at the same hotel with the same views of Osaka
>be too poor to go

should i just kill myself senpai?
>>
>>84613251
>rich, charming, American icon pulls a lonely naive girl in Japan
Shoo shoo virgin, adults are talking here.
>>
>>84609141
You're totally entitled to your opinion, but I thought it was a really good film.
>>
>>84613192
a nera absence of plot is not a major flaw per se. you've got to fill that void with something, though. lost in translation doesn't really do that--the characterization and themes are as weak as the story.
>>
>>84617076
he doesnt "pull" they dont even fuck. its about emotional intelligence and relationships and love. i dont expect 4chan of all places to appreciate this movie.
>>
>>84616797
Moonlight. you can cry about gay niggers as much as you want, but Berry Jenkins successfully did everything Coppola tried to do but failed at (being a WKW ripoff)
>>
File: 1407188830826.png (251KB, 387x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407188830826.png
251KB, 387x397px
>>84609141
it's one of those go-to movies every woman out there says they love.

ameliƩ is in that category too
>>
>>84613729
>This film has all of the above

fixed that for ya fuckface
>>
>>84609700

>something needs to explode or else i'm not entertained

kill yourself
>>
>>84609141
It's about platonic love.
It has a cool style and tells a different type of story.
>>
File: There_Will_Be_Blood_Poster.jpg (96KB, 250x370px) Image search: [Google]
There_Will_Be_Blood_Poster.jpg
96KB, 250x370px
>>84609141
>>
>>84609141
>Fuck you I hated it
ladys and gentlemen, tonight i present you: the pleb
>>
>>84614879
>Or maybe you're just an MRA fuckwad that can't enjoy films because you don't like female directors, idk.

Not an argument.

Bored white girl in Japan is a shit movie.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.