[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /tv/ opinion on American Sniper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 3deep5u.jpg (111KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
3deep5u.jpg
111KB, 1200x747px
>>
Purely functional base level movie, zero emotional investment in any part of it. Eastwood should have retired before making that pile of shit.
>>
>>84608948
Weird, the king of /tv/ loved it:
>"American Sniper" is a movie of violent action—but its action is surrounded by a terrible stillness. Its story of war contains valor and horror—the destructive and self-destructive conflicts that are intrinsic to a person endowed with a warrior's noble nature. As such, it's a cinematic tragedy in the deepest and most classical sense of the term. Eastwood considers recent events with a fierce anger even as he considers the universal span of human experiences with an Olympian ruefulness.
>>
>>84608688
It's really "tight". Eastwood knows he's a hack so he focuses on what works.
Shit movie that actually works.
>>
>>84609520
Kys
>>
Best Klinto Kino since Gran Torino
>>
>>84608688
It's a propaganda film.
>>
>>84609996
hardly, it's more like a western than anything
>>
>>84609996
Elaborate, please.
>>
Pure glorified American propaganda
>OH NO THE TWIN TOWERS AMERICA IS CRYING LETS GO INVADE IRAQ
>I must kill this faceless evil Iraqi sniper who is just like me but we don't see any of his side of the story
>hey son look at this guy he's a hero
>Aw shucks I ain't no hero I just protected muh country
>I survived Iraq but got killed as soon as I returned to the US because of shitty mental healthcare and poor gun laws but let's not talk about that
>The end
>>
it's an unnecessarily straight take on the book. Christ Kyle is an interesting guy because of his inability to cram nearly any kind of experience into a very small and familiar box, including the traumas of war. In the book, he's not only (apparently) comfortable with those, but actually takes pride in a lot of things that are typically heavily criticized in war stories. The end result is like a modern version of the pre-Vietnam war drama, with good guys and bad guys, except the audience of course "know better" and so are able to question what's going on

the movie was more of the aforementioned small-box type of story - it's mostly effective because it sets its own limits and puts its entire universe inside those limits from beginning to end. 5/10.
>>
>>84610023
>>84610221
Any positive portrayals of the US military are always propaganda, didn't huffpo teach you anything???
>>
File: 1376259828215.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1376259828215.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>84610385
>evil Iraqi sniper who is just like me

>different religion
>different race
>different worldview
>different culture
>different motives
>>
>>84610522
>We're not so different you and I...
>>
>>84610385
>>OH NO THE TWIN TOWERS AMERICA IS CRYING LETS GO INVADE IRAQ
He did not enlist to invade Iraq, just to defeat whoever was responsible for 9/11

>>I must kill this faceless evil Iraqi sniper who is just like me but we don't see any of his side of the story
When you fight in a war it is expected of you to kill the guys that are trying to kill you and your comrades, even if they turn out to be the greatest people in the world

>>hey son look at this guy he's a hero
Nothing wrong with calling a hero to a guy that risked his life to defeat terrorists that killed innocent lives in your country, during peacetime, or even to a guy that risked his life to defeat a dictatorial regime, with even the slightest hope that the new regime will be better

>>Aw shucks I ain't no hero I just protected muh country
Nothing wrong with modesty

>>I survived Iraq but got killed as soon as I returned to the US because of shitty mental healthcare and poor gun laws but let's not talk about that
No proof about that. Also, that could have just been what Clint intended to show, subtlety
>>
>>84610593
>Kumbaya my lord...
>>
>>84609313
>brave soldier dies for country so fucking tragic and moving omg 10/10 it appeals to my "old black guy" morality

fuck that memer
>>
Couldn't stand Bradley Cooper until I saw this movie, now I think he's a decent actor.
>>
>>84610658
>"old black guy" morality

you know armond is gay right?
>>
>>84610699
Im gay and Im sick of the "gay conservative" meme, like it means he's a special snowflake that can tell you how it is, it implies that sexuality has anything to do with ideology when it certainly doesnt in my case (egoist)

He calls himself gay and everyone goes "omg hes gay but he's conservative holy shit i want him at my wine party right now so we can both shittalk blavks and gays and I wont feel racist or homophobic"
>>
>>84610385
Either this is bait or youre 12 years old. We invaded Afghanistan in 2001 in response to 9/11. Iraq (as retarded as it was) was in 2003 and had nothing to do with 9/11. Only low information Democrat kids who got all their news from Comedy Centeal thought otherwise
>>
>>84610690
thought he was pretty likeable in limitless
>>
File: AmericanSniper.jpg (650KB, 720x5442px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanSniper.jpg
650KB, 720x5442px
>>
>>84610814
The invasion of Iraq was directly in response to 9/11 in that it was a part of Bush's war on terror, with Iraq being a supposed state sponsor of terrorism. It was only postponed in 2001. Read Bob Woodward's Bush at War
>>
>>84610787
those are a lot of assumptions for one blog post...
>>
>>84610869
Do you even know what "direct response" means?
>>
>>84610837
>imagine being the person who took the time to make this meme
>>
>>84610869
>le ebul Gowerg Dubbleya Boosh
he was just a puppet. Calling iraq bushs war is like calling WW1 Wilson's war
>>
Just letting you know I'm screencapping this entire thread and posting it on /r/badhistory. Some of you mofos need to pick up a book.
>>
>>84610837
>someone thought this was funny
>>
>>84608688
Very forgettable.
>>
>>84610933
>>84611115
Here you go Cletus. I'm sure someone appreciates that you lost your leg fighting for Israel.
>>
the plastic baby scene was so obvious it makes the entire movie shit tier.
>>
>>84611158
>another terrible attempt at humor
>>
Absolute kino. I don't get the hatred from it other than cucks who think anything that depicts Muslims as the savages they are is suddenly propaganda, and they must signal how much they hate their own country.

You can disagree with the war and understand that other people had different beliefs, idiots.

It's an amazing depiction of the slow deterioration of the state of mind of a someone exposed to combat.

Absolute kino

The fact that it pisses off liberals makes me even happier, and I'm not even on the right.
>>
>>84610910
Yes. Nice argument
>>84611036
Okay, who were the puppet masters?
>>
>>84611228
>It's an amazing depiction of the slow deterioration of the state of mind of a someone exposed to combat
This
>>
>>84611265
a video game did this better desu lad

when will /tv/ plebs learn?
>>
File: Juba 1.gif (2MB, 314x284px) Image search: [Google]
Juba 1.gif
2MB, 314x284px
Shitty Amerifat movie glorifying ZOGbots.
>>
>>84611265
Fucking this, leave it to /tv/ to completely miss the primary conflict of a movie because they're too self conscious of appearing like they support "murrica'"
>>
Some of the best examinations of PTSD in recent film, the ending was some very very tense shit. Couldn't care less about the sniper rivalry-narrative in rounds it had going on in the actual war, but I really need to rewatch it. Sorely misunderstood all around, by practically everyone in the political spectrum.
>>
>>84611483
>ouldn't care less about the sniper rivalry-narrative in rounds it had going on in the actual war, but I really need to rewatch it. Sorely misunderstood all around, by practically everyone in the political spectrum.
This so much
>>
>>84611348
reminder that juba was a literal meme and was actually multiple snipers using the same alias to spook people into believing in the existence of le epic terrorist sniper
>>
>>84608688
typical muricunt propaganda nonsense.
>>
>>84610814
>Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11
kek, we have always been at war with eurasia!
>>
>American "sniper"
>gives up sniping half way through for COD tier muh oper8r shit
>leaves his post endangering the rest of his team

American part timer more like
>>
>>84610837
kek, so true. The funniest part is how actual yanks don't understand it's propaganda. Truly the land of the ignorant.
>>
>>84608688
Propaganda to anyone who isn't American.
>>
Propaganda to anyone that hasn't even tried to criticise the film but want to appear smart.
>>
it's an awful film. It seems a lot of people here just like it because it pisses off liberals. Eastwood sucks as a director.
>>
File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693KB, 1280x1810px
The film is good.

This film represents one of Eastwood's most convincing assertions of an often troubling and hypocritical theme in his work: that heroism is a construct carried by people who bear the accompanying burden of a great undertow of alienating sadness, which springs from an intimate knowledge of the chaos that might be growing close to the bounds of "civilized" society's reach.
>>84608688
Almost everyone ITT is a moron.
>>
I'm glad this literal retard got shot in the face.
>>
>>84611229
>who were the puppet masters?
bankers. Both in 1916 and 2003
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.