[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jesus christ this was amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 2.jpg (116KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
116KB, 630x1200px
jesus christ this was amazing
>>
>>84604201
No it reall isn't. Its definitely one of the most overratrd things on this board besides capeshit.
>>
>>84604233
Being so pleb, you dont "get" a simple old horror film.

You deserve capeshit and nothing more
>>
Wow finally a horror based on character tension and fear of the unknown without cheap twists instead of jump scares, spooky dreams, and I WROTE YOUR NAME DOWN fucking dumb ass tensionless final acts fuck you James Wan and Ti West, you make these shitty basic bitch horror films that are killing the industry cause The Conjuring keeps getting 80+ on RT.
>>
>>84604265
What is there to get? The movie has great cinematography, atmosphere, acting and sound design, but is absolutely boring and goes nowhere. It could have been goat but its at best just a good movie. Theres absolutely nothing scary or remotely scary about this movie. We dont fear the unknown because we already know whats going on and what the witch looks like.

Speaking of what the witch looks like, pic related.
>>
>>84604265
There's nothing to get its just shitty horror and bland direction and atmosphere. The little boy was terrible also the girl was shit fuck your ayy lmao waifu.
>>
>>84604201
The execution of pretty much every filmmaking element was flawless.
The only argument you will hear against it is the usual "BORING NOTHING HAPPENS" meaningless comment by the plot driven surface-level casuals.
>>
>>84604746

Horror isn't solely about fearing a monster. The Witch was a source of horror but not the sole source. The truly monstrous things in the movie are the people. Who are tested by the Witch in the way Satan tested Job. They all turn on each other, giving over to the dark aspects of their own natures, and die for it.

If you don't think that's horror, you deserve the latest shitty Saw sequel
>>
>>84604793
>bland direction
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>84604272
>whitout cheap twists
>The devil IS the goat!
>>
>>84604913
Means the direction isn't kino or good or memorable. >>84604861 this is the kind of pleb who calls mediocre direction flawless.
>>
>>84604201
Definitely my favorite meme horror.
>>
>>84604272
>>84604265
>horror

It's just a fun flick m8s
>>
>>84604967
>the direction isn't kino
do "people" actually talk like that
>>
>>84605006
We do here. Do you have an arugment. The direction is stale.
>>
>>84604977
Are you one of those "horror must be scary" plebs?
>>
>>84604967
Please tell me what's bad about the direction specifically, tell me exactly what do you think was done wrong, no "kino reddit pleb" buzzwords.
Because I think your only argument is that you found the movie boring and that's it.
>>
>>84604746
>goes nowhere

Every fucking sequence is filled with character conflicts, secrets, religious tensions, hardships, interfamilial relationships that all climax into the downfall of this family. What the fuck do you mean it doesn't go anywhere?
>>
saw it yesterday, well acted and filmed, but boring as sin
terrifying for those who find family dramas tense I suppose
>>
The movie is a metaphor for the implosion of a family nucleus due to a miscarriage and the rebellion of a teenage girl. I loved the fact that it let the spectator chose his side. It can be seen as a criticism of the patriarcal family structure which can be oppressive and an invitation to experience freedom or on the contrary, a diatribe against decadence and perversion since Satan is the evil that breaks apart a loving family.
Truly a great movie.
>>
>>84605040
What's bad about it is I said that it wasn't good. I never said it was boring I said it was lacking in all elements. Nothing impressed me.
>>
File: 1274905364323.jpg (1MB, 1668x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1274905364323.jpg
1MB, 1668x1836px
>>
>>84605109
>it's bad because it isn't good
As I said, tell me exactly what was "lacking" or executed poorly, not just "it's bad because it's bad"
>>
@84605144
trying too hard
>>
>>84605144
>le reddit xD
>>
Just rewatched it. One of my favorites.

Lots of beautiful shots and the sound is amazing.
>>
>>84605174
The cinematography and camera work the editing....the focus, the tone and therefore the direction was not engaging. The kid actors sucked dick. Doesn't build well. Cliche no heigtened sense of progression.
>>
>>84604233

Any praise of a critically aclaimed on this board is always met with this reaction.

Also, yes it was very very good, was thinking about it yesterday, particularly the Black Phillip gettin tall scene, the baby snatching and how good those little kid actors were
>>
>>84604201
It was pretty, but other than that I didn't think it was that exceptional. I'd rate it a 6/10.
>>
>>84605382

Wooops forgot a word..................*film
>>
>>84605248
What's bad about the cinematography, camera work (that falls into cinematography btw) and the editing?
What was cliche about the film? You saw a lot of New England folktale films or what?

>no heightened sense of progression
You could just say you think that there was no progression (which is absurd, literally every character has a deep character arc), not make up some "heightened" sense
>>
How do you pronounce this? Vivitch? Vyitch? What a stupid title.
>>
>>84605382
that's literally the only good things in the movie, philip, the kid's acting and the baby snatch scene

also the /ss/ scene

how the fuck do you even die to a fucking goat?
>>
3/10 garbo
>>
>>84605435
Well it's clearly a fucking black evil literal Satan goat, not the usual friendly local pet goat is it?
>>
Is "boring" the ultimate pleb filter word?
>>
>>84605435
>how the fuck do you even die to a fucking goat?

when the goat is the fucking devil?
>>
>>84605435

Are you really looking for realism there you fucking dumbass ?
Please tell me you're just shitposting for (you)s. Otherwise it's embarrassing.
>>
>>84605477
>>84605500
I just wish he would've died in a better way, it didnt look like philip used any magic or anything when killing the dad, just the goat's natural body.
>>
>>84605503
>dude its movie dont take it seriously lol

I would just tell you to fuck off because I'm 70% sure YOU'RE the one baiting, unfortunaly everytime someone thinks "this is just unrealistic, this shit would never happen" people always come up with that argument "its just a movie bro"

I'm down with the witches, the devil goat and all that, but the thing is, it just looked stupid to me when a grown man who does manual labour loses to a fucking goat (who didnt use his supernatural abilities)

so there, if you were baiting, hope you're happy
>>
>>84604201
totally agree, i watched it yesterday, should have watched it sooner, nothing from this year comes close
>>
>>84605576
Lol what a fucking tard
>>
>>84605632
point made.
>>
>>84604201
yes
>>
>>84605576

You're a retard mate.

>>84605477
>>84605500

The point of the scene is to show that she is emancipating from her parents with Satan (the goat) being the tentation that free the girl and kill the father. It's purely metaphorical. Who cares if the horns of the goat aren't sharp enough to kill a grown man ?
>>
>>84605737
>this is a metaphor
>but this isnt

well It wasnt clear to me, I could literally say the entire movie is a metaphor or is happening in the girl's head, also, they are definitely sharp enough to puncture flesh, problem is, they can't bend all the way into a spear-like position.

nothing separates that scene from the rest of the movie, so the only logical conclusion is that it's all happening for real.

if all you can come up with when arguing with someone is "lol your stupid" then you should literally get out.
>>
File: BlackP.gif (648KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
BlackP.gif
648KB, 640x400px
>>84604201
>>84604265

>saying x was amazing
>expecting anyone on /tv/ not to shit on you

God damn newfags.

That said...
>>
>>84605429
Witch you mongoloid
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.