[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why this show gets so much praise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bo.jpg (5KB, 185x104px) Image search: [Google]
bo.jpg
5KB, 185x104px
I am seeing a lot of people on social media praising this show or even describe it, I quote: "as the most important show of a decade"

Finished it recently. And while it is not bad, it is a basicly a simplied rip-off of Californication with less substance, more crude, Family Guy tier humor and shitty Humanoid Animal gimmick for more low tier situational humor.

Or maybe I am retarded and its 2deep4me?
>>
File: hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg (710KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
710KB, 1200x1200px
>>84599519
>Californication
>maybe I am retarded
people praise it because they pay $12 a month for it, or is it $15?
>>
File: 1498735843399.png (664KB, 894x689px) Image search: [Google]
1498735843399.png
664KB, 894x689px
>>84599644
I actually liked it. Especially first two seasons.
The others got worse, but they were enjoyable enough to keep me going. Hank and Caren relationship was well written (at least a the beginning), supporting cast was ok, dialogs was somewhat witty, The whole thing was like a nice postcard picture from LA, with just enough of bittersweet to prevent the show to look like an unbelievable fairy tale.

P.S. I watched it for free
>>
>>84599519
no you're pretty spot on

the plots are crazy overrated. "rich hollywood guy is depressed because hollywood is shallow" is tired as fuck

but the jokes are funny. I wish it was more like Family Guy in the sense that it should realize it's a funny show and it shouldn't try to be anything more than that.
>>
Normalfags love it because "he's depressed just like I am".
It was ok at the beginning for having a somewhat "new premise" for cartoons.
>>
>>84600050
>>84601014
This. I'm so tired of leading characters as the drunk, depressed, nihilistic, etc. Yet retards will continue to eat it up without an ounce of self-awareness
>>
>>84601155
This is why The Young Pope was a breath of fresh air
>>
>social media.
>>
Stop caring about what other people think
>>
He went from just being a massive arsehole to literally committing manslaughter.
>Oh I'm about to go on a massive drug bender, better get my friend who's had drug problems since she was a child superstar to get high with me
The underwater episode was great though
>>
>>84599519
I enjoyed it a lot but you're correct OP, Bojack is heavily overrated. I have never really found Family Guy funny but I laughed at this show. Todd was just the worst though.
>>
>>84599519
Why do people make OPs like this when asking a simple question? Why cant you say "Why is this show getting so much praise"? Are you retarded? The rest of your post signifies a grasp on English.
>>
>>84601811
It's almost as if English isn't everyone's first language
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.