[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw an advanced screening. Probably the best blockbuster film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg (493KB, 1200x1897px) Image search: [Google]
apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg
493KB, 1200x1897px
Saw an advanced screening.
Probably the best blockbuster film in a decade.

People were actually bursting into actual audible crying in the cinema which was pretty weird actually.

Actually expect this movie to flop at the box office, but seriously, fucking awesome blockbuster action movie. Best movie franchise since LotR.
>>
>crying
why
>>
>>84598708
caesar loves humans more than apes
>>
Really odd flick to shill for desu
>>
If I haven't watched any of the others would I enjoy this?
>>
>humans are le bad guys

never understood this. how can you root against your own kind.
>>
>>84598697
They're naming both the jews and telling the truth about niggers. Very /pol/ I can recommend.
>>
>>84598750
Especially with Woody Harrelson leading them.
>>
>>84598725
So this is Caesar's last movie?
>>
>>84598697
It's positive, so you're gonna sound like a shill regardless.

Rise was fun but I haven't seen it in years, and Dawn I never saw all the way through. I'll rewatch both before I see War.
>>
>>84598750
I would be rooting for the humans to purge the ape, regardless of the writers manipulations to make me feel otherwise.
>>
>>84598697
Saw it two months ago at a test screening on the Fox Lot. Everyone loved it. It's really a great movie.
>>
>>84598769
Wraps up the franchise pretty neatly, don't see how they could do a sequel.

>>84598739
Best to just pirate the other two and do a sitting through them. You can watch it as a standalone movie though, but a lot of emotion comes from the fact you follow Ceaser from a baby in Dawn to this final film here.

>>84598730
It was a fucking dope film honestly, considering how much I've fucking hated like every blockbuster film ever since capeshit and Joss Whedon writing took over the entire industry, it was surprising how much I liked this. (though I think both of the other pota films were decent, first one better than the second)
>>
File: que.jpg (17KB, 411x292px) Image search: [Google]
que.jpg
17KB, 411x292px
Is Idris Elba acting in this?
>>
>>84598750

Apes wanted to live in peace. The humans went after them. Its that easy
>>
>>84598750
Face it, humans are quite shit.
>>
>>84599237
>b8
you know he's in the picture in the OP, smartass
>>
>>84599245
Uh excuse me, Koba started the war with the humans.
>>
I have no idea what kind of person even gets excited over these ape movies.

It's like some elaborate joke taken too far.
>>
>>84599283
Me. They're fucking great.
>>
>>84599283

There are people excited to watch Spider-man and this bothers you ?
>>
How much dialogue is there op? part of what made the first two especially the second one so great was it was mostly silent and visual with a lot of unspoken conflict told through glances and gestures or the use of primitive sign language which made communication itself one of the main themes of the movie as their civilization starts building itself it's both a great stylistic approach and giving some mythical and thematic depth to the story, quite daring to rely on purely visual storytelling for a mass blockbuster these days when the cancer of expository dialogues and non-stop quips is the norm. However the trailer I've seen of 3 shows the apes having mastered spoken language quite a bit. How does it deal with that overall aspect?
>>
>>84598697
Spoiler?
>>
>>84599398
Some chimps talk but again, a lot of it is conveyed through just body language. I think they wanted to show off their fancy tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm7vE9ujNYs

This scene conveys more how the apes interact.
>>
File: hailtothechimp.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hailtothechimp.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
best movie trilogy since LOTR is the buzz
I cannot wait to see it in theatres. this and dunkirk.

honestly after Dawn of the apes I wouldnt be surprised if this movie is up there with the all time great summer blockbuster trilogies.
I just want more Koba. best villain since darth vader and they got rid of him.
does woody do a good job of being the new koba?
>>
File: my life.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
my life.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>84598772
>never saw dawn all the way through
this nigga right here
it was 100x better than Rise and I loved Rise.
think about it. we may get more quality movies with tons of money behind them if this movie does well. I suggest we all go see it.

now Im the shill but whatever. Im just saying if you saw Dawn in theatres you know how fucking blown away you were by how deep that movie got. fuck it was good. I saw it twice in theatres. how you couldnt get to the end is beyond me.
all that aside
Im really excited for matt reeves taking over the batman movie.
him and matt vaughn are now my favorite blend of action/blockbuster with style directors.
>>
File: sadness.jpg (232KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
232KB, 1280x960px
if anything happens to maurice Im gonna cry. I know it. and I know thats some fucking low hanging fruit they are just waiting to lay a gut punch with. fuck.
its like toy story 3 but without faggots crying over a cartoon I just know it.
>>
>>84598697
>Actually expect this movie to flop at the box office
Wait, what?
>>
File: Sweating man.jpg (15KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating man.jpg
15KB, 234x216px
>tfw dangerously hyped for this movie
I remember watching the second one in theaters with some friends and absolutely loving it. Koba was a damn good character and it blew me away how they got a CG'd ape to be that good of a character.
>>
>>84599896
That's one if the things that keeps surprising me - how much I fall in love with the characters. Even the bad apes are sympathetic.
>>
>>84598697
>crying

this is what's wrong with society
>>
>>84598768
He's a cunt
>>
>>84599509
Very fuckable kid
>>
>>84599283
I've read the book by pierre boulle seen all the originals and the new ones aswell as owning the graphic novels, it's a fucking great series and premise even if only a handful of the films are actually good.
>>
>>84601638
Stop being edgy.
>>
>>84599254
Jesus christ compared to WHAT? So we are a species that often fails to live up to its own standards. Unless you show me one which does better you have no argument.
>>
>>84598873
that's an alternate version of the story so they could remake the classic movies with George Taylor
>>
>>84598697
I am hyped as fuck for ApeKino. Thought the first one was good, interesting take on the franchise. Really liked the second one. The apes were way more interesting than the humans. This last one looks to deliver. Question does it set up a 4th movie at the end?
>>
>>84598697
give us spoilers cuntlord
>>
>>84598697
Fuck off OP you have shit taste. This series is marvel level garbage.
>>
>>84602842
You sound like a total imbecile
>>
>>84603006
Well I'm pretty buzzed and its 4 in the morning so thats fine. How are you?
>>
>>84598750
Nah it's not going to be that simple. Humans will be the antagonists but they won't be evil. The second movie completely avoided doing this
>>
File: c89[1].png (496KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
c89[1].png
496KB, 550x600px
>>84602995
>>
>>84602995
I still don't understand people trying to push the CA trilogy as anything beyond decent. Capeshit really lowers people standards.
>>
>>84603143
Your kino card has been revoked. You can have it back only if you put in the time and effort.
>>
>>84603362
Yep its terribly and painfully average and truly dull.
>>
File: Planete-des-singes_ok_reference.jpg (54KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
Planete-des-singes_ok_reference.jpg
54KB, 600x419px
>>84598750
this
how can you relate more to monkeys than to humans ?
specially when you know a cunt they are going to be in the future
>>
>>84598750
Those people are monkeys.
>>
>>84598750
I bet you like shit WH40k
>>
>>84603649
Are'nt you supposed to see Tau as the good guys?
>>
>>84599530
by all accounts Woody is great in War. Replacing Koba is fucking hard though so he probably doesn't exactly live up to him.
>>
>>84599318

Spiderman or any MCU movie is a million times better than this juvenile crap.
>>
What happened to Mark Wahlberg
>>
Matt Reeves is the Kubrick of our generation
>>
>>84602995
This, like are you guys for real? The last one was so dumb it ended up a comedy.
>>
>>84601560
Crying over cartoon characters in your mid-20s is not okay? Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>84604577
>juvenile

Elaborate.
>>
>posting opinion about certain movies
>suddenly delves into MUH CAPESHIT WARS
this place is fucking worst
>>
>>84604688
Arrested and sentenced to death for being human.
>>
File: 1388186446449.jpg (97KB, 470x334px) Image search: [Google]
1388186446449.jpg
97KB, 470x334px
>>84599283
same here, who the fuck is watching this trash?

it is cringeworthy as fuck, i'd be embarrassed to even be seen walking into the theater
>>
>>84598761
I don't believe you
>>
Does Army Dog make an appearance?
>>
>>84608711
Jesus Christ I hope not, one forced 8month in abortion was enough
>>
I want a pet chimp, think they are legal?
>>
>>84599283
this times a fucking thousand
>>
File: koba.png (638KB, 926x588px) Image search: [Google]
koba.png
638KB, 926x588px
>>84603863
>>84599530
this. koba will be remembered as one of the most iconic villains.
>Caesar: Trusted Koba like brother.
Koba: Caesar brother to human! Koba fight for ape! Free ape!
Caesar: Kill ape. Koba fight for Koba. Koba belong in cage!
why does a confrontation between two apes contain some of the best dialogue in a recent blockbuster i've ever heard? really tells you something about the state of modern hollywood...
>>
>>84598873
You said "dope" your opinion is now void.
>>
>>84609247
>Koba not ape
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.